Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petshop Help

dark_is200

What type of pup are you getting ?

How old etc. each pup requires different things... Photo's definately required here... Battersea is a good place but hardly west London. Pets at home in wales and south england are good but dont know about your area, try find a small local store with staff who actually care about animals and you should be fine...

Isn't that an overgornw rat :D :D :D

Seriously though pup's are more work than most people ecpect if it's your first one although pedigree'sd tend to be less work thorugh experience (dalamtians and huskys from pups).

Get ready for some sleepless nights unless you'll allow him/het to sleep in the same room (mine always slept on our bed) and make sure you get him chipped once the final jabs have been had (not a requirement but piece of mind).

Passport for pets is excellent if you go to france/europe so you can travel witht them if need be although timing is very strict on the shots......

Personally always found Iam's the best dry food, not the cheapest but less mess and healthier pup so better all round....

Isn't that an overgornw rat :D :D :D

Seriously though pup's are more work than most people ecpect if it's your first one although pedigree'sd tend to be less work thorugh experience (dalamtians and huskys from pups).

Get ready for some sleepless nights unless you'll allow him/het to sleep in the same room (mine always slept on our bed) and make sure you get him chipped once the final jabs have been had (not a requirement but piece of mind).

Passport for pets is excellent if you go to france/europe so you can travel witht them if need be although timing is very strict on the shots......

Personally always found Iam's the best dry food, not the cheapest but less mess and healthier pup so better all round....

girlfriends choice of dog! although feel it could be good for meeting women when i'm walking (carrying?) it!

sleeping in the bedroom for the first week or two, hope its not too noisy since i'm really busy at work at the moment (12-14 hours a day)

if it isn't going to sleep in the bedroom on a perm basis I really wouldnt have it in the bedroom at all, once it is used to the creature comforts it will whine to get back in, best bet is to let the pup sleep where it will permanently sleep....

It'll cry like a baby or a few nights but the worst thing you can do is give into it, have you hany kids ?Always after attention :) Be strict from the start (not easy with a puppy) and it will become a great puppy, spoil it from the start and it'll be a mare as it will rule the roost. It was always the hardest thng for me as I'm daft as a brush when it comes to puppies but i know what they turn out lie if you poi them. I always found the hardest part training the girlfriend not the dog as soon as the puppy entered the house.

if it isn't going to sleep in the bedroom on a perm basis I really wouldnt have it in the bedroom at all, once it is used to the creature comforts it will whine to get back in, best bet is to let the pup sleep where it will permanently sleep....

It'll cry like a baby or a few nights but the worst thing you can do is give into it, have you hany kids ?Always after attention :) Be strict from the start (not easy with a puppy) and it will become a great puppy, spoil it from the start and it'll be a mare as it will rule the roost. It was always the hardest thng for me as I'm daft as a brush when it comes to puppies but i know what they turn out lie if you poi them. I always found the hardest part training the girlfriend not the dog as soon as the puppy entered the house.

Good advice.....

Be really strict at first & the house trainging thing will be a breeze.....

Mine are both well behaved & I was Mr Nasty when they were young...Mr Softy now though.....

There a big Pet superstore over the river in Charlton where you can get everything........5 mins from Blackwall tunnel

Good advice.....

Mine are both well behaved & I was Mr Nasty when they were young...Mr Softy now though.....

There a big Pet superstore over the river in Charlton where you can get everything........5 mins from Blackwall tunnel

any idea what the petshop is called? this sounds ideal since its pretty close to me

would not be surprised if there was a Pets At Home near you, website is HERE.

Most stores have a vetinary service as well as a full supply of toys, food extra's etc (mod your dog), maybe we should ask Ken to try for TOC/LOC Gold discount :D :D :D

I've always found them competitively priced and it's great to be able to take your dog into the store, he can pick his own toys/treats then as well.....

He'should even get a free goodie at the check out !!

Good advice.....

any idea what the petshop is called? this sounds ideal since its pretty close to me

Pet city pets are us...............been there may times........could be pets at home.........green sign........

directions

come out of b/wall tunnel follow signs for charlton ath FC (1st exit) go round rbout--past Filmworks---over next r/bout---get into r/h lane look for big sign with mcdonalds/argos/pet shop/tkmaxx ..........its in there

may even find pee resistant seat covers !

I've got argos cheapies for the front which are excellent and £10.... for the back........get a plastic backed picnic rug on one side get the G/F to sew some tape along leaving gaps where the head rest poles are these will hold the cover in place............

Advice----dont leave the puppy alone until its 6/8 months old........will chew everything..........

PS...if you get the alarm to work (not motion sensitive) I'll pay for instructions........... :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links