Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, signed up last year looking to buy an ISF unfortunately didn't have the funding in the end so ended up with an Evo X and just recently sold my Evo 9 450bhp.

Test drove my first ISF on Saturday after a 3hr drive to reading!! And loved it my main concern with it being rare is selling on. Stupid considering I don't own one yet but don't want to be stuck trying to shift something when the time comes.

Just want some views off people who have watched the market or sold one on.

Thanks

Welcome one to the forum fella.

Good examples don't hang around long and there are very few for sale at any one time. Usually around 5.

They are known for being bullet proof and high performance across all car forums I am on. I don't think re-sale would be an issue.

Stu

Cheers Stu, at the moment looking around and the one I test drove would 64k be a bit of a put off? My price range is 20k so not got a fortune to play with as much as I would like a newish one with 12k on the clock.

Bought my 08 one last October with 52k on it. As long as it has full lexus history it won't matter. Would have thought you could get a lower mileage 08 one with 20k if you are patient.

They are incredible cars and the gear shifts are so slick.

Stu

Saw that one. Worth a look IMO. Check for wheel refurb quality and lacquer peeling on callipers. I ended up having all wheels and callipers re-painted. Other than that there is nothing to look out for.

As long as it has full main dealer history then happy days. I got warranty on mine from lexus as had option to extend manufacturers warranty. Replaced headlights due to moisture ingress. 800 each side with no warranty!

Stu

Ouch! The one in at reading seemed decent just 64k bit more but comes with warranty. I have seen that they are very reliable, more than another v8 in the same market.

Ha! Indeed. More than c63 and m3. It is worth having warranty on any performance car IMO. As soon as you touch them they are expensive.

If you buy from a dealer you can make sure wheels and callipers are spot on as well.

Stu

That one in Reading is a bargain. If I didn't have one already I would be sorely tempted with it. As Stu has said if it has a FSH then it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Just seen a red one come up on Autotrader as well. Haven't seen one of those for a while.

I believe the one from Lexus Reading was owned by a forum member.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/91481-sad-times/

Even better...a FSH and loved by one of us.

Completely agree. Go for it!

Yep go for it! No reason you cant bargain and try and squeeze a service or possibly take some money off too!

Yer been in talks hes not really budging wont give any free services unless i have them done at lexus reading 3hrs away from me and if i remove gap insurance he said he will give it me for 18,500 with 1year warranty.

Messaged the guy who owned it last night

Haha, i did like it and since last july been looking at them. Going to do some shopping around,

On another note what sites do people us for parts and ordering mods from america?

Yer been in talks hes not really budging wont give any free services unless i have them done at lexus reading 3hrs away from me and if i remove gap insurance he said he will give it me for 18,500 with 1year warranty.

Not surprised they aren't budging on price...at that price it will not be around for long. Strange they are selling it off so cheaply when we know there should be no issues with it.

I dread to think what PX they gave the owner though.

Not surprised they aren't budging on price...at that price it will not be around for long. Strange they are selling it off so cheaply when we know there should be no issues with it.

I dread to think what PX they gave the owner though.

PX price wasn't bad :whistling:

But as with all these things it's the whole package, PX was decent and good discount on my RX - those added together are more than they are retailing the car for so I don't feel hard done by.

The key is patience, I doubt it'll sell overnight though, try £18,000 and get them to throw in some freebies that you like - rubber mats maybe? If they seriously dont budge, try £18,250 and then even if they still dont budge, you always have £18,500 to go back to!

As you can tell, when I buy a car, ill spend 3 hours on the phone doing the guys head in. When they say they'll let you know in a day or two, thats a good sign that they're nearing their last price.

Oh and one thing - dont EVER mention how much you like the car or they wont budge even if they can! You can always BS and say "whats stopping me getting a lower mileage one for the same price" or "may as well get an RS4" lol. Whatever works for you buddy!

Yer not to good at this sales stuff usually deal with private sales, not going to rush viewing a few others and watching the market.

Im not saying its a bad deal just expect some smaller deals thrown in, not everyday someone walks in to a lexus dealership to buy that kind of car. Like said audi rs4 or M3 are probably higher on most people lists i just love my jap cars :)

Yer not to good at this sales stuff usually deal with private sales, not going to rush viewing a few others and watching the market.

Im not saying its a bad deal just expect some smaller deals thrown in, not everyday someone walks in to a lexus dealership to buy that kind of car. Like said audi rs4 or M3 are probably higher on most people lists i just love my jap cars :)

Yeah usually private buyers give in much quicker than dealers do but they've had the training so no wonder! Just mention that you can find lower mileage examples for the same price and the same age and then sneekily mention that you may as well get an RS4 :P. Then, give them the price that you're willing to pay and see what they're best price is. 9/10 times they'll say, "we'll ring you either tomorrow or the day after" and we'll see what we can do for you.

Its tempting to ring them the next day, but play the waiting game and im sure they'll ring!

Haha cheers for the advice, i do like that red one and the miles il do will only probs reach 10k in two years.

Would one with around 112-116000 miles be a financial suicide?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links