Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dropped my car off the other day at 9am. Advised they only do 2 of these recalls a day given the time it takes. Picked it up at 2.45pm just finished (although they did fit two new front tyres too).

Car was gleaming from the Lexus wash, and they put a courtesy £25 of fuel in for the hassle of the recall.

Got mine done three weeks ago in Cardiff. Had new spark plugs fitted at the same time.

I would assume the new spark plugs has nothing to do witb the fuel pipe faulty, wouldnt it?

Correct, I asked them to do the plugs in addition to the recall work.

Cheers lads, spoke to my lexus dealer today (stoke), i'm now booked for 25/2 + courtesy car. The guy didnt mentioned about the carwash or free fuel though. Shame they cant do saturdays which means i need to take time off work. But hey.. you've got to do what you've got to do.. :-)

If you are all talking about the Engine Fuel Pressure Sensor recall regarding the sealing of the gasket between the sensor and the fuel delivery pipes, then it applied to the IS-F too. Had my modified a couple of weeks ago by Lexus Cheltenham. Took a whole day, but that included another recall that only applied to the IS-F, concerning a required modification to the electric fans/cooling system. Apparently there had been reports of IS-F's overheating, but I guess that was from countries a damn sight hotter than the UK!

looks like i only need to worry about the MOT next month

Many Thanks for your email.

I have checked your vehicle for any outstanding recalls, and I am pleased to inform you that your vehicle does not

require the Fuel Pressure sensor recall.

If I can be of any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't get the £25 petrol voucher but they did wash & vac my IS though, plus the courtesy car of course.. Just so you know..

Steve

Poole Lexus told me this morning that £25 of fuel is being put into my car as part of the recall as a goodwill/sorry for the inconvenience gesture.

So if you are going into Poole just ask Lloyd if you are in any doubt.

I have a is300h as a loaner for the day...very nice it is too.

Thank you Lexus...appreciate the gesture.

had mine done last week @ lexus hedge end Southampton. they put £25 worth of fuel in the vehicle,gave it a good wash, and a loan car while the work was being carried out which was a rx 450h. very happy

Not fair! The tank was half empty when they had mine in. Plenty of room for £25 worth of fuel to go in. that's it, i'm going to complain! :shutit:

All done...spot on ....thank you Lexus Poole.

£25 of fuel put in the tank.

Steve, just mention it to Lloyd when you go in. He's a good'un...Poole back on track again.

Well.....it was all good. A day is probably a bit short to do anything more than a brief appraisal. I had no time to play with anything as work commitments meant I could only use it as a A to B vehicle.

Compared to my 250 SEL...I'd say:-

I'm not a big chap at all ...but the seat bolsters seem to squeeze a bit. A big lad might have a problem.

The seats seem harder than mine.

Steering wheel sits very nicely in the hands and the steering weighting feels slightly improved. The steering felt nicely responsive and planted on the road.

The ride was slightly harder

Door control panel fell quite nicely to my hand...that's an improvement.

Really don't like the visible cup/can holders. They were evident on everything in the showroom too. Don't understand why Lexus are doing this...but that's just my feeling on the subject.

Eco mode and Sport mode seemed fine to me.

Quite nippy in sport mode.....just found the electric motor sound a bit odd. I guess you de-tune from it in your head over time.

Not really that relevant but I averaged around 42mpg.

Prefer my 250 gearbox...but then the 300h is CVT so its going to be very different

Did not even open the boot or sit in the back.

Zero road tax is a plus.

Seems like a nice motor to me. Hybrids seem the way we will all end up if the Gov gets their way. I was offered an appraisal of my car to offset against a 300h but politely declined as wifey and I are seriously thinking about moving to France to retire. I figure there has to be a bit of fun heading towards the twighlight years...and I really really want a better climate. A little explore in June is beckoning....and the Euro rate is jolly helpful too!

Agree, absolutely hate the cup-holders too. I mentioned in another thread, I was wondering if I could get hold of some similar material to the centre console, I could then make a couple of inserts to disguise them and it would then become a better armrest for the passenger.

had my recall done today at Poole Lexus, and as normski2 said, £25 of petrol, very good quality car wash and internal hoover and a is300h loan car, as i was only going to the gym and then home i can't really write as much as normski2, however it seemed a nice car, but to be quite honest i prefered mine and was glad to get back in it, however this could probably be put down to famillurarity. Must say the whole experience was good from the garage. But , on the downside, my rear calipers are seized and i was quoted £405 to have them replaced , i declined as i will do the job myself, but was a bit disappointed that they were seized as i bought the car with 32,000 miles on the clock with a full lexus service history ,including the 60,000 big service and i am only on 39,000 now, the garage sent me a video of the calipers and it does'nt look like they have ever been looked at, bit annoyed really , but will have to bite the bullet and replace them .

Noobie put up a good guide on the break/caliper thing in the how to section. Worth a read.

I get mine greased (the pins that is) every year at a local garage in Wimborne.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links