Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I sent an email to : information@ld.lexus.co.uk with full VIN and VRM for my 2007 220D.

My car did fall into the build time frame for the rectification issue but was not required

to be presented at a dealer for repair ?

Thank you for your email to Lexus.

I have checked your vehicle registration number on the look up facility on our website, and I am pleased to confirm that your vehicle is not affected by the voluntary recall and you need take no further action.

Please accept our apologies for any anxiety this may have caused you. If you have any other concerns or queries, please feel free to contact your local Lexus Centre.

I rang my dealer to try and get booked in - they said I had to wait for the letter to come from Lexus. They had been chasing them to find out a time frame but hadnt got anything confirmed

That is exactly how it works.

Lexus will write to you the owner of the vehicle..and then the work can be initiated.

Don't phone your dealership they will not be able to do anything until you are contacted.

Mine is not subject to this recall, but on recalls in general - what do you do if Lexus don't have your details? Surely if it's a safety issue (which most recalls, pretty much by definition are), the work required should be available to all owners, whether registered or not?

On reviewing the bumf in my wallet with the handbook etc, it appears that I have to pay £20 to 'Retainagroup', whoever they are - and which I am not about to do, to change ownership details.

I have never had any contact with Lexus apart from a couple of cash sales over the counter at Lexus Stockport and some eBay purchases from various Lexus dealers.

I know my car was potentially (but not actually) recalled in Jan 2008 for the 'rubber-mat-getting-stuck-under-the-accelerator-pedal' issue. (it didn't have the accessory rubber mats then. Does have aftermarket ones now - I like to keep the carpets nice!)

Ah...actually I might have found a solution for me - I have the above-mentioned recall letter, and it has a 'Change of Details' form attached. I'll fill it in and see what happens! (It has the name of the first owner and there's been another since then before me - that will confuse them!) :whistling:

But it's pure chance that I have that recall letter - obviously the previous owners were hoarders!

You can phone your local dealership and ask them to update your details..They did it for me.

In fact they prompted me for the details when I rang for some bits.

I assumed that was kind of a normal thing to do.

Thanks Normski - good idea!

As you may have gathered from other posts, I generally stay as far away from dealer premises as possible, so it hadn't really occurred to me!

:hocus-pokus:

• 4 weeks later...

I put my details in, nothing came back. I had to put in my old original reg (have a personal reg, lexus data base would not recognise it). Not sure do lexus have my correct details but this result came up ok anyway.

Step 3: Confirmation

We are pleased to confirm that your Lexus is not affected by any voluntary customer
service campaigns or outstanding safety recalls and no further action is required.

If you have any other queries please contact your local Lexus Centre or call us on
0845 129 5473.

Only got my IS250 on the 4th November and only recently received the V5 from DVLA. I haven't received a letter, it's very unlikely that the change of ownership has filtered through I suspect.

Anyway, I googled Lexus Recall and was able to ascertain that my vehicle is affected and I'm invited to contact the dealer to arrange the rectification work.

If it wasn't for this forum I doubt I'd have learnt of the recall issue.........thanks guys !

• 2 months later...

I had a follow on letter early in the new year informing me to contact local dealer , my car went in for the work 4 weeks ago..

Do you mind sharing how did it go/ how long it take? I probably need to contact lexus as I've just moved to a new address.. Just in case they follow up too.

Got mine done three weeks ago in Cardiff. Had new spark plugs fitted at the same time.

I would assume the new spark plugs has nothing to do witb the fuel pipe faulty, wouldnt it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links