Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Worst Piece Of Driving You've Seen?

shotwood

OK. Possibly a bit contentious, but it was inspired by the speeding threads...

A few nights ago, I was 2 cars behind an old boy driving down a slip lane entry road to a dual carriageway.

He had been doing approximately 20 - 30 mph down the slip road, and a couple of drivers had overtaken him on the entry chevrons. (wrong, I know, but these things happen).

I was around 200 yards behind having dropped back to allow him plenty of room I checked over my shoulder and accelerated up to around 60 mph ready to enter the traffic stream. When I looked forwards again, he had stopped at the entrance to the first lane! :ohmy::blink: I finished up undertaking him on the verge, as did the two cars behind me. The third managed to swerve into the traffic, the remainder had to brake sharply. How there wasn't an accident I'll never know. :blink:

The old boy then pulls out into the traffic to a chorus of horns, leaving us sitting there. No-one got his number and by the time we had recovered, he was long gone.

With drivers of this calibre on the road, it's no wonder people feel aggrieved at being penalised for travelling at 90+ on a

deserted motorway.

Shotwood,very intresting but,if the leading driver could'nt get onto the main carriageway(as some peeps wont let you out)

in hindsight he did the right thing as just before you join the carriageway you will notice broken white lines which mean "GIVE WAY" although the slipway is there to help you get up to speed it does'nt give us the right to pull out and force the traffic to slow down.

Same goes for people that have stopped on the hard shoulder,when they want to get back on the M/Way rather than use it to get up to speed they just pull out.

B) B)

I know that Scorpion, but there was plenty of time and room for him to adjust his speed and enter the dual carriageway.

The point I was making is that he seemed incapable of using the slip lane as it was intended. It isn't difficult to match your entry speed with the oncoming traffic, but he didn't want to get above 30 mph.

If he didn't feel safe driving above that speed, then he shouldn't really be behind the wheel. Or should he?

A difficult one that. A lot depends upon how near you have been to having a prang because of such a driver.

I understand what your saying,and yes your right i was just giving a angle on the correct way to approach the M/Way

coz people forget sometimes.Which is why i would favour re-testing every 5 years,this action alone would wipe thousands of people off the road.

B) B)

Had one the other week, the chap actually stopped at the end of the slip road as I don't think he could see properly to pull out as his wing mirror was cracked...

People on roundabouts who drift across the lanes nearly taking you out....

I, of course, am a perfect driver and feel perfectly comfortable discussing other peoples' driving faults :whistling: :shutit:

on sunday I would like to think that i actually stop an accident by blocking a lady in .. she was unaware that she was just about to drive the wrong way up a one way rd around a town.. she stopped just past a junction and reversed into it I noticed this and when i saw her put her indicators on.. to go the wrong way I put my hazards on and stopped in front of her to block her in.... I got out to inform her she was going to go the wrong way up a one way street and she proceeded to have a go at me and try and point out that the rd was badly signposted that was when i then pointed to the sign right in front of her across the junction and told her that she had better buy a different copy of the highway code book as her copy from 1912 must be out of date :angry:

craig

No particular incident but I never stop being amazed at how crap most people are at overtaking.

Typical scenario involves getting as close as possible to the car in front (where its impossible to see), darting out onto the 'wrong' side of the road then deciding its time to drop two gears and rev the nuts out of the car. This is followed by a long white knuckle ride (usually around bends, over hill crests etc) while the manouvre is completed :shutit:

I always hang well back when I see this going on; can be quite amusing at times but I hope I never see someone get it seriously wrong.

Every day in London I see stuff which makes me think wow did I really see that :unsure:

This is the best.

3 lanes l/hand lane is a bus lane with its own traffic light I'm in middle lane of the 3.

My light goes to green (bus lanes is red) I pull off and as I approch the left hand bend I sense something on my right and yes..........a some prat jumps the red light in the bus lane & nearly t-bones me :crying:

New underpants required :whistling:

but what really bugs me is lane discipline,, or rather lack off it..

tell me about - I am honestly afraid that one day some silly :tsktsk: is going to kill me by simply pulling out on the motorway in front of me.

me too.

Also on my way home from work, where I join the motorway, you join in the outside lane. Unbelievably there are a lot of people who are quite happy to do this at 45 mph :blink: and make no attempt to accelerate up to a decent speed. I know a lot of the big wagon drivers at work take the long way round through denton as they can't get enough speed up, but any car should be capable of accelerating up to at least 65 to join the motorway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links