Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If Any One Fancies A Mint Mark 3

Lovely looking car and I'm pleased to see a Lexus dealer still selling an LS400 - I cannot recall the last time I saw an LS400 for sale at a Lexus dealer.

I enquired on an LS430 at a Lexus dealer a few months ago but I left it as I felt it was overpriced - the salesman said to me that their prices have to take into account that they are obliged to put a full Lexus warranty on them before they can retail them and that's why they usually only sell much newer cars.

Most franchise dealers don't like to sell cars older than 5 years old although saying that, plenty of these dealers still retail other cars that are not their own brand.

Good luck with this sale

Maybe at another Lexus stealer of course, they often pool the stock .................... hahahahaha on the dopey price though.

We all know that if we had a P reg 62k miler it would last at least another 20 years ....... and a 62k miler would only cost about £1500 too....... vide GBNeil's car and the real actaul value eh !!!

Malc

• Like 1

I don't care if it sells or not it gives me a warm glow inside, my 98 26k on clock is as mint and that price is twice as much as I paid for mine ,as the same colour scheme and originally came from Lexus Cheltenham but it was'nt Listers. In 98 it was "Bill Allen".As Nach says it is unusual for Lexus to sell cars over 6 years old in their showrooms

Its ashame that you cannot track actual selling prices for cars in the same way you can for houses - would make it really useful for us car enthusiasts to know what cars actually sell for.

I haven't yet decided how long I plan to keep my LS430 (the car is 11 years old now). The car only has 44k miles and I don't expect to be racking up too many miles and low mileage cars seem to be commanding strong money.

Keep us all posted on how your sale goes

Well guys, I like to live for the day and tbh keeping a wonderful car like my Lexus at low miles isn't why I have the car at all ............... now done 163k and hopes to do at least 12/15k miles a year all the while I can.

Probably done @200k miles in my Ls400s in 13 years now ... the best drive and motoring I have even known and hopes to continue doing just as many miles as I possibly can........... forever.

Just contemplating my next year's adventure and tried to sort out shipping Lexii to Argentina for maybe a 6/10k mile tour next spring but it's seemingly nigh impossible to get the protocol sorted and there safely and to use my own car for the trip. .......... Ls400s are as rare as hens teeth there it would seem.

So now looking at doing a Route66 USA trip, both ways maybe at @5500 miles and maybe buying a cheapy Lexus Ls400 in LA if I can get down to it and sort out the legal protocol stuff for USA too.

Keep you posted ............. .. if you want !!

Malc

• Like 2

Well guys, I like to live for the day and tbh keeping a wonderful car like my Lexus at low miles isn't why I have the car at all ............... now done 163k and hopes to do at least 12/15k miles a year all the while I can.

Probably done @200k miles in my Ls400s in 13 years now ... the best drive and motoring I have even known and hopes to continue doing just as many miles as I possibly can........... forever.

Just contemplating my next year's adventure and tried to sort out shipping Lexii to Argentina for maybe a 6/10k mile tour next spring but it's seemingly nigh impossible to get the protocol sorted and there safely and to use my own car for the trip. .......... Ls400s are as rare as hens teeth there it would seem.

So now looking at doing a Route66 USA trip, both ways maybe at @5500 miles and maybe buying a cheapy Lexus Ls400 in LA if I can get down to it and sort out the legal protocol stuff for USA too.

Keep you posted ............. .. if you want !!

Malc

Well said Malc.

Malc

The protocol for owning a car in the States as a foriegner is pretty straight forward.You may have to get someone you know or an attorney to do the attendance for tagging (registration) if you cannot give a permanent address or be there, as the plate takes a couple of weeks to come through and driving around on the temporary plate is a bit of a no no for all sorts of reasons.

Different states have anomolies on registration but the basics are federal so driving around the states is not a problem.

On the subject of a cheap LS400 ,thats unlikely unless its a duffer .

The LS400 retains good and a lot higher residual resale prices over there and commands upto 80% more than UK prices.

The Mark 4 That I bought back in 2012 with 18k on the clock would have fetched $15000 (£10000) no problem My friends over there still can't understand why I am not in jail for stealing it,they just can't understand why they are so cheap here and also at an higher specification.

A lot of the things we take for granted like leather upholstery Sat Nav premium stereo are upgrades over there and cost extra at first purchase.

Thank you Ambermarine, that knowledge is very useful. ................ wondered why a buddy's buddy only ever rents cars there. He says there's maybe an issue with non USA person ownership and the driving licence too ................. Do you know about this ?

I have looked at some Ls400s on-line in LA and seen a 1990 at $3200 ...... what worries me more is that there doesn't appear to be any annual test or whatever for older cars and one can't take comfort from the typical " Advisories " that a UK MOT would reveal.

Any thoughts ?

A conundrum

Malc

Hello Boys:from my experience the U.K. licence is acceptable in the U.S.A. as for the annual test they don't have any at all. I have got some photo's of a couple of cars that will make you wonder how they can still be legal to drive on the road, as soon as I find them I'll post them for you to see.

There is no Mot as such, in some states there is an annual roadworthiness test .Not sure about LA as city but there is non in Florida.

The driving licence is not a problem as a visitor but if you stay for a longer period, say on a work permit for two or three years you have to take their driving test.

The issue for you is that to register your vehicle they have to have a USA address and thats why unless you own a property it will be difficult to register the vehicle other than by Proxy which is messy.

Can confirm UK licence perfectly OK in the States. I have driven for years all over the States without a problem and thats even with the old paper licence which I am loathed to get rid of as it dosent cost me any money and dosent have to be renewed like the new ones which only last for 10 years. Mike.

as malc pointed out, that's about £6200 more than mine made...so, overpriced..yeah?...worth it to right buyer....possibly, as everything is ..as a car dealer mate used to say, there is a bum for every seat..!

The pics that Norman as posted are not uncommon in Florida and I have seen rust buckets that have been brought from upstate New York and the like that are held together with Duct tape.

The police do not seem to bother unless the character driving the car looks as unsavoury as the car then its a pullover and not the

woollen type.

Incidently the yellow sticker in the top right hand corner of the licence plate is the "Tag" this as to be renewed annualy or on change of ownership. It is basically a record update is not a tax as such but there is a fee for renewal.

ah yes, I now see the front lower spoiler missing too .... well, tbh, I'm always bashing mine on low kerbs at the front, lost bits of it over time so really pleased it can just be taken off and binned ok.

When I do I shan't bother replacing it, just to get another bashing from dopey height kerbs and the like ( nowt to do with my driving of course ) .................. OMG my car isn't perfect :tomato:

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links