Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing And Extended Warranty

Just checked mine. 3 services at 10k/annual interval, taken out in Sept 13 was £907 inc VAT. Taken out via Lexus Croydon, administration by EMaC (don't really know who they are).

I received an invoice for my first service for info purposes and it was £160 inc VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Had a search and it seems that EMac are a company which seems to provide the administration of service plans for various dealers. You could say that at present I am not a happy bunny with Lexus Edinburgh, at no time did they clearly advise me that this was being handled by a third party company at a higher cost than the official Lexus prices.. Also, to compound matters, I am still waiting on receiving information on whether I can take out the extended warranty even though the car is only 6 months old.

Bahh Humbug !!!!

"I am still waiting on receiving information on whether I can take out
the extended warranty even though the car is only 6 months old.

Bahh Humbug !!!!"

I spoke to my local dealer today and he has assured me that I can take the 'Two for One' at £795.00 and have it kick-in when the manufacturers warranty runs out in two years time. It will be interesting to see whether or not you get the same reply from your dealer. Keep us informed.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Thinking of getting IS300h just looking at the servicing costs and can't understand why they are so expensive when basically it's just an oil and filter change and a load checks according to the lexus website?

It looks like the hybrid check is included but don't get why it's £345 for a major service that just consists of checks?

• Like 1

Last info from the dealer was that they would take into account the LOC discount which would be around 12.5% of the published prices. I'll be going in to see them in a couple of weeks to get the final price.

For the original £1001 that I paid up front, it took a couple of mails and phone calls to EMac and I've been advised that they will refund this. I await with baited breath as their responses have been pretty poor so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been quoted £38.84 per month for 30months for a service plan for my 300h, which equates to a total outlay of £1165.20.

It seems that the replacement company for EMAC will only do 30 months as opposed to EMAC's 36months.

The cost for 3 services, 2 full plus 1 intermediate comes to £1135.00 and so I am wondering why the £30.00 difference.

I am booked in at the dealer on Friday to have the non-dipping door mirror fixed and an update of the software and so I will ask the question then.

Anyone have any further thoughts on this?

Hi All,

Thinking of getting IS300h just looking at the servicing costs and can't understand why they are so expensive when basically it's just an oil and filter change and a load checks according to the lexus website?

It looks like the hybrid check is included but don't get why it's £345 for a major service that just consists of checks?

Me neither, I thought Lexus was suppose to have amazing customer service but the servicing costs quoted are by far the highest I've seen compared our other cars. One of the main selling points of the hybrid drive is that it's a fully self contained unit with no serviceable parts, and is designed to last the life time of the car...So basically Lexus is charging £300+ for an oil/filter change :msn-oh: .

Infact £1000 for 3 services is similar to that of a 500bhp, twin-turbo, Nissan Skyline GTR!!

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/Content/GTR%20Servicing%20parts%20and%20costs-Jan2015.pdf

When we pick up our IS in a few weeks I'm going to speak to the servicing department and work out what on earth they are doing to charge that amount, and if it turns out its just all £££ for the dealer (which I suspect it is), than I'm taking the car to my local garage to be serviced.

Well, got my extended warranty sorted today, £795 for an extra two years. Also took out the service plan for two intermediate and one full costing £879.45 including the LOC discount. The only fly in the ointment is when I had a good look thru the details I've now got a Ford Fiesta??!!. Oh well, two steps forwards and a small stumble back.

• 2 weeks later...

The cost of servicing is terrible. £1000 for 3 years servicing? I paid £838 for the GS250, and it's fast approaching 3 years soon (July) at which time it will go. I've just worked out that in 8 years of motoring, I will have paid £1356 in servicing, of which the Lexus, in 3 years of that, cost £838. The other 5 years was covered by the balance on a 5 series BMW with a 3litre 6 cyl engine........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the service intervals is 2 years or 21k, that means you only get 21/2 services over five years, so not the bargain it would appear.

I've looked through the Lexus servicing book now:

10K or every 12 months, for oil change (0-20W oil though), every 24 months rear differential oil change (this is something new I've seen with Lexus), and than Spark plugs every 4 years. No mention of anything to do with the hybrid system, apart from changing the inverter coolant at 150,000.

All seems very reasonable, certainly not beyond the capability of any garage, and I might even do the oil changes my self if I can stop been so lazy :P.

The chap who handed over the keys even pretty much told me not to bother with taking the car to Lexus for servicing, which I was surprised at, but than again I think he knew I had come 60 miles to collect the car so unlikely to bring it back to them for servicing any ways :)

At least Lexus have kept with the 10K / 12months service, the 20K / 2 year service schedule on the German/Jag cars in my opinion is just asking for reliability problem down the lines. When I bought my 3 year old BMW 335i, I was happy that it had a full BMW service HX, but was shocked to find that in 3 years, and 30K it had only ONE oil service.....For a complex turbo charged engine that just seems like a bad idea.

I've looked through the Lexus servicing book now:

10K or every 12 months, for oil change (0-20W oil though), every 24 months rear differential oil change (this is something new I've seen with Lexus), and than Spark plugs every 4 years. No mention of anything to do with the hybrid system, apart from changing the inverter coolant at 150,000.

If you mainly do motorway miles then go for the business service plan at every 12.5k

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting this in case anyone is interested, just had my 2 yr/20k service done,£367 inc VAT. I also mentioned a rattle coming from the drivers door pillar/seatbelt housing. They've ordered a couple of parts (garnish?) under warranty and the customer service was impeccable as usual (Croydon dealership).

I have no idea whether that's expensive or not, but I'm happy knowing that the job has been done well and I have peace of mind.

Oh, and I forget to tell them not to update the software as version D seems ok. I needn't have worried as they didn't anyway ^_^

Resurrecting this in case anyone is interested, just had my 2 yr/20k service done,£367 inc VAT. I also mentioned a rattle coming from the drivers door pillar/seatbelt housing. They've ordered a couple of parts (garnish?) under warranty and the customer service was impeccable as usual (Croydon dealership).

I have no idea whether that's expensive or not, but I'm happy knowing that the job has been done well and I have peace of mind.

Oh, and I forget to tell them not to update the software as version D seems ok. I needn't have worried as they didn't anyway ^_^

£367 is steep. I paid £999 for my RX with loads of goodies included for 3 years. Without all the goodies, quoted price was £750. I actually use the goodies, so it works out cheaper for me over the 3 year period.

Also quoted less than £800 for 3 years servicing on an IS300h at Lexus Leeds and Bradford. Are you haggling guys? They gave me £900 at first

£367 for a oil and brake fluid changes is very expensive. Probably even more so than BMW main dealer prices.

The oil itself wouldn't be more than £100 and brake fluid £20. Looks like our IS300H will never be going to a main dealer :)

I not too sure how this all hangs together. I didn't pay the bill yesterday as I'm on a service plan, it's provided for info. I don't have it with me but there was more on that just oil etc.

My service plan was £907 when I bought the car on 1st Sept 13 and that's for 3 services. Apparently I had a credit on the service plan for my 2nd Gen which transferred over and so I'm only paying £5 PM to EMac who run the plan.

My first service was £167, and I believe the next two one is supposed to be similar. If that's correct I should be in credit again come trade in time.

As an overall package I'm satisfied but no doubt there's plenty of smoke and mirrors involved somewhere.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links