Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So it looks like some muppet keyed my rear passenger door, drivers side. That or some door whacked against it, I think its the former. I can feel the primer.

How much will this ****ers actions cost me? Assuming the worst and a whole door.

Idiots who do this crap should be put in the firing line.

That sucks. Cost depends on the level of damage mad if the door needs to be removed. Cost me 350 to have my rear bumper taken off, taken back to plastic, primed and painted so imagine about the same price I would guess.

Stu

If it's just a single key mark across the door skin, then you would need to have the whole panel repainted. For that I would have thought somewhere around £60 -£80. the door shouldn't need to come off but , you would need to leave the car with them for a couple of days. the work would take maybe an afternoon but then the paint needs to be left to dry and harden thoroughly hence the couple of days.

Post up a photo. It is possible to repair, so long as there hasn't been enough force to cause cracking (common when car doors are slammed open into yours). If you were local I'd offer to help you out fixing it, but Hampshire to Sussex is quite a drive.

That's very shallow, and fortunately in the middle of the panel. I'd be confident saying I could make that unnoticeable without careful inspection with:

IPA / Panel wipe

touch up paint

wet & dry paper

DA polisher, compound, polish & wax

I can link you to how to videos, or I can offer to help you out if you drop by Sussex. The former requires you having some of the above tools. You're looking at about half a day to fix that up, mostly waiting for the paint to dry properly.

If you post on detailing world UK then you will probably find someone local to you who'll give it a go for free. Worst case scenario you end up where you are now and the door is repainted.

I feel your pain bro! :(

Mines was keyed twice inside a year!

1) While in manchester, driver side from start of the passenger door right to mid driver door!

2) local, passenger side from tail light all the way to front front headlight!!

Cost me £520 in total that includes painting rear lip that I bought and I got them to paint the corroded wiper arm too, not bad but £520 is still £520 which could have for example gone toward new alloys or other mods etc...

Little $h1ts have no respect for people's property!

That's very shallow, and fortunately in the middle of the panel. I'd be confident saying I could make that unnoticeable without careful inspection with:

IPA / Panel wipe

touch up paint

wet & dry paper

DA polisher, compound, polish & wax

I can link you to how to videos, or I can offer to help you out if you drop by Sussex. The former requires you having some of the above tools. You're looking at about half a day to fix that up, mostly waiting for the paint to dry properly.

If you post on detailing world UK then you will probably find someone local to you who'll give it a go for free. Worst case scenario you end up where you are now and the door is repainted.

thanks boss, I live in an apartment complex (where I think it happened!), have no access to anything to wash my car let alone polishing etc.

I can try that website, I have better things to do with myself that fix this due to some ******$.

I've had a couple of repairs done by a well respected smart repairer .... a kerbed alloy for my IS (£50) and a keyed door on my wife's s-max for £100 .... both superb jobs, done on my driveway ... excellent colour match, superb finish, lasted the time really well.

worth a look around locally...

Best forum for this is probably a local one. PM me here if you don't have any luck and I'll see if my friend in Milton Keynes can help you out, or I'm happy to help if you can bear the drive down.

The cost to repair that to a good standard would be £150-200, but make sure you get the repairer to include orange peel removal in the quote else it'll be obvious where it's been repaired.

• Like 1

I have a price of £100 from a guy here in Southampton, same guy polished my car last year.

Looks a good enough price, he said it looks like a trolley or a bike scraped against it, looks about the height of a trolley too.

I was at sainsburys, so.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links