Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

On the way home from work yesterday afternoon,I decided to deviate from my normal 'straight home' route and go for a little drive. It was a nice sunny afternoon and the LS somehow seemed to be even smoother and quieter than usual. On went the Genesis 'A Trick of the Tail' c.d.,and I was in heaven. You know how sometimes you feel that everything is perfect,and you don't want it to stop?. I must admit I was welling up inside as a combination of an ultra smooth ride and my favourite music 'got' to me. Unfortunately all good things come to an end,and I arrived back home as the last bars of 'Los Endos' were playing.

What a day,what a car,what a sound system. She may be a shed compared to others,and I have a couple of times considered getting rid of her,but after yesterday that all went out the window. I'll keep her 'til she dies!.

That's all.

• Like 2

About the only thing that could spoil a drive in my 400 is Genesis coming through the speakers. Phil Collins sounds like a long tail cat that's sat too close to someone in a rocking chair :flowers:

• Like 1

About the only thing that could spoil a drive in my 400 is Genesis coming through the speakers. Phil Collins sounds like a long tail cat that's sat too close to someone in a rocking chair :flowers:

Kate Wolf, Emmylou Harris, Linda Rondstat, Dolly ........?????

Regards

John

Bob Dylan (his lesser known works which are by far his best, e.g. Huck's tune, 2 soldiers et al), Bruce Springsteen, LED Kappana, The Handsome Family, Woody Guthrie, Thomas Newman etc etc. Almost anyone except Genesis or Simply Red or the boy band crap they churn out nowadays), and thank you for pointing me in the direction of Kate Wolf. Never heard of her but just found some on YouTube, just brilliant

Bob Dylan (his lesser known works which are by far his best, e.g. Huck's tune, 2 soldiers et al), Bruce Springsteen, Led Kappana, The Handsome Family, Woody Guthrie, Thomas Newman etc etc. Almost anyone except Genesis or Simply Red or the boy band crap they churn out nowadays), and thank you for pointing me in the direction of Kate Wolf. Never heard of her but just found some on YouTube, just brilliant

Kate Wolf is very special HarryL

Tom Paxton

John Prine

Iris de Ment

Blaze Foley

Townes Van Zandt

Nanci Griffiths

Merle Haggard

et al.

Enjoy your music Harry.

Regards

John

So,s**t kicking music and folkies seems to be liked by LS owners then!. Am I the only ageing prog-rocker here?. I know of one other that obviously likes one of my favourite '70s live bands - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. My musical tastes are reasonably diverse,but I cannot abide country,jazz or manufactured Simon Cowell type rubbish. SWMBO tells me I'm stuck in a 70's time warp musically - so what's wrong with that?. Give me some Pink Floyd,King Crimson,PFM,Led Zeppelin,Genesis etc. Love it.

• Like 2

Staind, def leppard ,acdc , full volume windows wide open as I cruise around ok waft around in the 600 around the quiet villages up my way hahahahaha... Well cars that quiet they don't hear it and causally walk in street so I need to get their attention to get th m out of road somehow 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Bob Dylan (his lesser known works which are by far his best, e.g. Huck's tune, 2 soldiers et al), Bruce Springsteen, Led Kappana, The Handsome Family, Woody Guthrie, Thomas Newman etc etc. Almost anyone except Genesis or Simply Red or the boy band crap they churn out nowadays), and thank you for pointing me in the direction of Kate Wolf. Never heard of her but just found some on YouTube, just brilliant

Kate Wolf is very special HarryL

Tom Paxton

John Prine

Iris de Ment

Blaze Foley

Townes Van Zandt

Nanci Griffiths

Merle Haggard

et al.

Enjoy your music Harry.

Regards

John

Should have added Townes Van Zandt and Nancy Griffiths to my list, they are also in my car. I have a spare CD cassette in the glovebox, which makes life easier, with quick access to 12 CDs. Feel like going for a drive now !

So,s**t kicking music and folkies seems to be liked by LS owners then!. Am I the only ageing prog-rocker here?. I know of one other that obviously likes one of my favourite '70s live bands - The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. My musical tastes are reasonably diverse,but I cannot abide country,jazz or manufactured Simon Cowell type rubbish. SWMBO tells me I'm stuck in a 70's time warp musically - so what's wrong with that?. Give me some Pink Floyd,King Crimson,PFM,Led Zeppelin,Genesis etc. Love it.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band. All others followed and copied after them. I saw Zal Cleminson last year and sadly he has given up playing all together. I'm with you on all this manufactured TV rubbish which is rammed down our kids throats today. Mike.

• Like 1

Living in west London it's not really a case of what music I like to drive to, its more of a case of which music do I like to sit in traffic to.

I usually find a bit of Bobby Womack or elbow manage to keep me from going insane around town.

when I do reach the insane speeds of 30 or sometimes 40 mph I find that mark levinson and gun and roses seem to compliment each other quite nicely. Ps also partial to a bit of oasis.

• Like 1

Had a LS drive upto taunton this morning to collect a rear wheel hub for the Audi.

And as you fellow LS owners all agree is a very pleasant experience.cruise on,cool nuts :whistling: and war of the worlds in the player B)

And the best bit is to engage Hyper drive when leaving a 50 limit :D

Over the weekend I took a trip between my home on the Dutch coast to Maastricht and back. Total distance 500km/300 miles. A lot of the motorways in Holland now have a max speed of 130kph/80mph and the LS just loves cruising at that speed.

At 80mph the 460 is doing 1950rpm..........barely ticking over! With my favourite music on the Mark Levinson, (no, I'm not telling - you'll only take the p??s) and beautiful weather, I was sorry when the journey came to an end.

The only other Lexus I saw on the whole trip was an RX 400h.

There were a lot of envious looks, though, from BMW/Mercedes/Audi drivers. :)

Over the weekend I took a trip between my home on the Dutch coast to Maastricht and back. Total distance 500km/300 miles. A lot of the motorways in Holland now have a max speed of 130kph/80mph and the LS just loves cruising at that speed.

At 80mph the 460 is doing 1950rpm..........barely ticking over! With my favourite music on the Mark Levinson, (no, I'm not telling - you'll only take the p??s) and beautiful weather, I was sorry when the journey came to an end.

The only other Lexus I saw on the whole trip was an RX 400h.

There were a lot of envious looks, though, from BMW/Mercedes/Audi drivers. :)

Abba ?

Abba?..........please!

No, I have to be very selective with my in-car music. I tend to get a bit involved and if, for instance, I listen to heavy rock (which I love)........even if the car is in cruise control, I tend to rest my foot on the pedal - and push :( That's how I got my last speeding ticket.

The very worst for me is Elgar's 'Nimrod'. As it builds up to a crescendo, I just want to push the pedal through the floor......so that is BANNED! I blame it all on Mark Levinson :)

At least, here in Holland, speeding is just a fine - no points.

When driving, I listen to 'sensible' music - The Eagles, Chicago etc.

Abba?..........please!

No, I have to be very selective with my in-car music. I tend to get a bit involved and if, for instance, I listen to heavy rock (which I love)........even if the car is in cruise control, I tend to rest my foot on the pedal - and push :( That's how I got my last speeding ticket.

The very worst for me is Elgar's 'Nimrod'. As it builds up to a crescendo, I just want to push the pedal through the floor......so that is BANNED! I blame it all on Mark Levinson :)

At least, here in Holland, speeding is just a fine - no points.

When driving, I listen to 'sensible' music - The Eagles, Chicago etc.

Nothing there to be ashamed of there. Shame we haven't got a few bands like those around today instead of all this manufactured rubbish that our kids are brainwashed with today. Mike.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links