Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have found the programme to be a bit of a showcase for the presenters rather than the content .I can't think of anything that sticks in mind of what as been presented .The overseas fories to South America were blatantly contrived in fact the vehicles used were probably getting more off screen mantianence than a rally car between stages.

Clarkson as always been an in your face presenter regardless as to what subject matter the programme offered and to some audiences that was attractive but eventually it becomes tiresome.

Hammond as been carried by the show as a pick on me sympathy target and it works in the presence of the other two but on his own he is not good enough.

May is very good in his own right and as made some excellent programmes outside the scope of motoring and he does'nt need a bounce off partner like the other two.

With regard to Guy Martin he comes over as a north country flat cap merchant and as done very well upto now portrayed in that role .

He is in fact a very clever and sophisticated guy and I think with a few rough corners polished up would make a good presenter of Top Gear with a combative female presenter to bounce off.

Jodie Kid, Guy Martin & Philip Gelnister, according to one of the news agencies is going to be the Dream Team for Top Gear. So for me there's not much change in the presenters as like the previous presenters I don't like any of them. Record just fast forward normally take about 10 mins to watch a 60 min program. Mike.

If the BBC meetings are anything like those on the BBC series W1A, anything is possible. I like Guy Martin - ay? ay? but that's it. Jodie Kidd would be a disaster. Remember Kate Humble? they wouldn't even let her on screen unaccompanied. Philip Glenister, I may be totally out of order here, but he exudes an air of arrogance that I took an instant dislike to. 1 out of 3 will not be enough for me to watch it. I did try to watch the classic car show as I love my old cars, but even fast forwarding in parts I could not bear to watch any more so deleted the entire series.

HoW hard can it be !!! ??? to paraphrase someone

• Like 1

... watched the Top Gear France the other day ( in France ) it seemed quite ok and better than the JC variety to be honest !

Malc

Jason Plato, Edd China and Chris Harris would be my personal choice, as a host of experience between them all in different fields of motoring!

Or just get good ol William Woollard back! :P

Jason Plato, Edd China and Chris Harris would be my personal choice, as a host of experience between them all in different fields of motoring!

Or just get good ol William Woollard back! :P

Raymond Baxter,

with the fearless John Bolster (in the pits, c/w radio mic & deer stalker).

I just watched an old Dutch car programme comparing the Citroen CX with an Audi/Fiat and Merc.

They actually TESTED the cars in those days. Lots of tests, acceleration, braking, braking in half-wet/half-dry/shalom/headroom in rear........

But it isn't 'entertainment', I guess?

Leave poor old Jodie alone. Some idiots in production will have laid out the premise of the programme (a bit like W1A?) including the 'hilarious?' concept of being in a 'secret lair' etc, plus having to read out the 'banter' from an autocue!

She IS a car fan after all and can drive.

But agree re Butler-Henderson, but has she retired to be a mum, etc, now?

I just watched an old Dutch car programme comparing the Citroen CX with an Audi/Fiat and Merc.

They actually TESTED the cars in those days. Lots of tests, acceleration, braking, braking in half-wet/half-dry/shalom/headroom in rear........

But it isn't 'entertainment', I guess?

Leave poor old Jodie alone. Some idiots in production will have laid out the premise of the programme (a bit like W1A?) including the 'hilarious?' concept of being in a 'secret lair' etc, plus having to read out the 'banter' from an autocue!

She IS a car fan after all and can drive.

But agree re Butler-Henderson, but has she retired to be a mum, etc, now?

I love W1a. The idea that they need weekly damage limitation meetings. I bet they had one after the Clarkson affair. I bet working at the beeb is not too far off what they portray, although the fact that they screen W1a shows that someone has a sense of humour

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links