Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So Lexus Still Haven't Fixed The Problem

I thought Lexus had cured the problem of their alloys rotting? Evidently not! :angry:

After just ten months, this is what my alloys are starting to look like. The car is regularly cleaned with Meguiars shampoo and I've never used any solvents, acids or abrasives on the wheels.

I'll be getting the dealer to sort this, but I was sure Lexus had the feeble alloys problem fixed ages ago?? :unsure:

Pulse......

Got the same problems, although not quite as bad as yours I must say!!!!! :blush: Gonna wait and get through these winter months before taking mine back to see Lexus Swindon and get it sorted - its just not bloody on!!! Its one thing to have soft paint, but alloys as well - COME ON LEXUS SORT IT OUT!!!!! :angry:

Rich

I thought Lexus had cured the problem of their alloys rotting? Evidently not! :angry:

After just ten months, this is what my alloys are starting to look like. The car is regularly cleaned with Meguiars shampoo and I've never used any solvents, acids or abrasives on the wheels.

I'll be getting the dealer to sort this, but I was sure Lexus had the feeble alloys problem fixed ages ago?? :unsure:

Hi New member here, not suprised you are miffed, i recently found out that my local dealer did not inform me that i could have replaced all my wheels on an is200 sport under warranty, The warranty period has run out and now they are not interested in helping :angry:

Hi All as anovice new member and abit pants with computers can anyone tell me how to start a new post/forum, i need to get advise about alloys for an is200 sport, ie do i buy new alloys or get the current one refurbed, anybody out there any ideas, from what i can see on the site its a well documented and frequent problem, any help or advice would be appreciated.

thanks

The pic doesn't show the same finish as the recon versions being fitted since early 2003. The leading edges of each spoke are feathered to take off the sharp edge that caused much of the problem, and the refinished wheels do have a thicker clear coat on top.

Worth comparing yours with a new recon set at the dealer ?

:whistling:

A search should within the forums will give a lot of information.

I think the wheels have waranty for 4 yrs now, as well as the radio/cd unit. ( please correct me if im wrong)

If you are just outside your waranty then give Lexus GB a call, you never know they might help.

I thought Lexus had cured the problem of their alloys rotting? Evidently not!  :angry:

I'll be getting the dealer to sort this, but I was sure Lexus had the feeble alloys problem fixed ages ago??  :unsure:

Hi All as anovice new member and abit pants with computers can anyone tell me how to start a new post/forum, i need to get advise about alloys for an is200 sport, ie do i buy new alloys or get the current one refurbed, anybody out there any ideas, from what i can see on the site its a well documented and frequent problem, any help or advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Keith

Get your wheels refurbed.. only cost £40 a wheel!

waranty for 4 yrs now, as well as the radio/cd unit. ( please correct me if im wrong)

Stereo warranty is 5 years according to Beth at Reading. I asked yesterday because I've had a replacement on order since the start of December and my car is 4 years old tomorrow.

I bet you used only shampoo.

But in winter there are tons of salt on the streets, in cause of the ice and snow so it makes holes and such into my wheels.

I hope I can get a digicam then I will make a pic of mine, and there you can see hundreds of very small black holes in my wheels.

Don't know if this happens to all alloy wheels.

waranty for 4 yrs now, as well as the radio/cd unit. ( please correct me if im wrong)

Stereo warranty is 5 years according to Beth at Reading. I asked yesterday because I've had a replacement on order since the start of December and my car is 4 years old tomorrow.

you haven't seen my rims, and trust me, you don't want to :crybaby:

a rusted wheel arch would look ten times better :yack:

don't know about wheels, but i was told that the audio warranty was for 4 years (2000 W) from hatfield :yawn:

could it possibly be that every dealer has it's own time limit :unsure:

can't be, can it :duh: :question:

we should all go to our local dealers and ask how long the warranties are on wheels and the vehicle :whistling:

post all the answers here, and you never know, if your local doesn't cover you,

some other dealer may :winky:

I'll certainly be expecting Lexus to replace the alloys, and I agree it's a good idea to wait until the winter is over.

Thing is I thought Lexus had actually cracked the problem a year or so ago, and that new IS's were supplied with alloys that didn't rot cos they had a thicker coat of lacquer and more rounded edges?

If I keep this car for 5 years, seems daft to end up going back each year to get the alloys changed! If that is the case, then I'd expect each new/refurb'd set of wheels to come with another 3yr warranty. Not good when a B :shutit: W owning friend is taking the p*ss cos the original alloys on his W-reg 325i still look like new with no sign of corrosion! Oh the shame of it.... :crybaby:

Hi all guess what, took all your advice & spoke to lexus, as i also have problem with cd unit, Lexus cambridge Caroline extremely helpfull & contacted Lexus GB. They replied in under two hours offering a new cd/ unit and !!!! wait for it 5 yes 5 new wheels, not bad for a nearly 5 year old car. They also confirmed standard warranty on cd units is now 5 years, still only 3 years on wheels but due to not being notified about the exhange wheels available when Marshalls cambridge had the dealership and having a full main dealer service history on my car then they have agrred to replace wheels at their cost, i just need to pay for the fitting. Very good one satisfied Lexus owner. thanks all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links