Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Blue Tape Was Detailing Tape...

aido

OK I was lying before, the blue tape was 3M detailing tape that I'd used to cover all the rubbers and chrome parts of the car :lol:

Took me 3 days in total, first day was just washing and claying, then yesterday polishing and two coats of wax, and then this morning did the third coat of wax, sorted all the windows out and then gave the wheels a quick wipe!

p1010056dx1.jpg

p1010057cv2.jpg

p1010062kl3.jpg

p1010063gz7.jpg

p1010065iv0.jpg

p1010070tj2.jpg

p1010071jk1.jpg

p1010073uj6.jpg

p1010075av3.jpg

p1010076yx1.jpg

p1010084ic0.jpg

p1010095tq2.jpg

p1010096vx7.jpg

p1010098wo4.jpg

p1010099ye6.jpg

Looks beautiful.

What I love is the fact that when you first got the 'risto you were saying "what I love about it is it's a real sleeper and I think I'm going to keep it like that."....

... and now it's becoming a VIP-badass yakuza nutter.

You just couldn't stay incognito could you? ;)

Thanks fellas :) Been at this for three days :o

It wasn't cold enough for the jumper today so just went with the Michael J Fox tshirt :lol:

@ Hando :lol:

I guess the best bit is it was a sleeper for all of about a week when I got it back from the garage after having the rear bumper resprayed but by then Gord and I had stuck on the wind deflectors and it had the TOMS roof spoiler so it was starting to go wrong then :D

It's a shame it wasn't a nicer day so I could get better pics but these will do me for now for the memories!

Think it needs lowering a bit more now, just a bit worried about upsetting the handling as pushed it on some nice windies tonight and it was me who had to back off as the car was just lapping it up, craziness indeed!

Product wise I used the following..

Meguiars Quik clay system

Menzerna S34A (did the whole car with this as it was covered in little scratches from car washes in the past and the others didn't shift them as well as this)

Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite

Victoria Wax Concours

Used the last two as they seemed to be good on black, and after seeing what one of the lads on DetailingWorld had done to a guy called JamieP's Supra which was the same solid black none clearcoated paint as mine I thought I'd give it a go!

Used three coats of the wax and the entire car now smells nice and feels smooth as a fit birds arse :lol:

Cheers dude, I'm actually halfway through that fella, got the Aristo badge here to replace the wonky Lexus bit, I forgot to order the Toyota badge so I'm just waiting as I'm half tempted to flog the Aristo badge and use the cash towards the black chrome emblems instead!

Saying that the chrome does have a nice contrast so I'll probably stick with it.

I'd get rid of the Lexus badge and just replace the L in the middle with a Toyota logo to match the front. Always meant to do that on the Tezza just never got round to it.

Never thought i would see the day mate, Aido putting topic up about cleaning his car............im in shock :o

Very well done mate, it really makes the most of the car now :D well different from when i last seen it, the other week mate :winky: :winky:

Nows the really hard bit..............keeping it clean :lol:

I'd get rid of the Lexus badge and just replace the L in the middle with a Toyota logo to match the front. Always meant to do that on the Tezza just never got round to it.

That's what I meant mate, having a brain fart at the minute there!

Just ordered the Toyota badge so no excuses now! Might even rip these off today and get the ready for when it turns up :)

Looking good mate, but was wanting to see you in that Pink jumper LOL

Like said before hope it rains the morn LOL.

Good work mate bet your are well pleased with your effort.

It did as well this morning, from here the car looks as shiny as still, not dared go up close to really check it out yet :lol:

Might see you next week fella, will drop you a text when I have all the details, not booked the hotels yet :o

WOW!!!

I sense an updated banner coming along................ ;)

Car is looking stunning mate! Well Done! It really is nice to have you back on here modding your car like you did with your IS200. Looking really special now :D

Cheers fella, you should keep yours mate, I'm really getting into this again now, just been stupidly busy with work and what not the last couple of years but I've got a feeling the bug is starting to bite again :lol:

I forgot about that banner, I've had signatures turned off for ages - something to do now the sun is out :D

I'm really getting into this again now, just been stupidly busy with work and what not the last couple of years but I've got a feeling the bug is starting to bite again :lol:

Glad to hear that mate - I was getting this sinking feeling that you had gone grey and no longer bothered about modding...... :shifty: (No offence! :lol:) Now you are back witha vengence!! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links