Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modern Classics magazine needs you

Hello – we're looking to put together a photoshoot for which the Lexus ISF would be perfect. We're aiming for the photoshoot to take place in Northamptonshire.
We'd be aiming to shoot this within the next two months and it's likely to be a weekday. We'd refund your fuel and the car will be fully insured. We won't thrash your car – we'll leave that to people on telly. You'll also receive a selection of images for free offline use and a free copy of the magazine. We usually start at 9am and shoot till 5pm. 

Once we've got a few more cars confirmed we'll be able to give you firmer details on dates. 

Interested? Drop us a line at nathan.chadwick@bauermedia.co.uk.

Thanks,

Nathan Chadwick

Assistant Editor

Modern Classics magazine 

@Warrington guy I'm not so sure matey it sounds like standard magazine practice, I've bought a few of these mags and quite like it.

Its a start at raising the profile of the cars popularity, although I FULLY accept it depends on the journalistic jiggey pokey but the ones I've read have been pretty balanced, who's up for it ?

Big Rat

7 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Is the IS-F a modern classic already?

I think applying the magazine title per say is probably not quite right for the isF but it's a performance saloon, no longer made and an updated ISF in the present incarnation of the IS was not produced.

There are only a little over 200 in the country and tens of thousands of M3's and C63.

So I personally see no harm in raising its profile to the greater car chosen public a second time around stranger things have happened after all just look at that muppet in the White House 😂

Big Rat

• Like 5

Just now, Big Rat said:

I think applying the magazine title per say is probably not quite right for the isF but it's a performance saloon, no longer made and an updated ISF in the present incarnation of the IS was not produced.

There are only a little over 200 in the country and tens of thousands of M3's and C63.

So I personally see no harm in raising its profile to the greater car chosen public a second time around stranger things have happened after all just look at that muppet in the White House 😂

Big Rat

I wasn't just referring to the mag's title, their website lists 'It celebrates the golden age of cars, bringing you the finest motors from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.'

I'm all for raising the profile of the IS-F, it'll keep the GS-F as a modern sleeper that few know about :tongue_smilie:

Crumbs are there really just 200 IS-F on the isle?

The less said about the current POTUS the better me thinks.

• Like 1

@Farqui Wasn't trying to be pedantic matey I must of missed the full title of the websites mantra 😉

Yep many other Japanese cars have 'made it' so to speak and I know Lexus is a premium brand but the performance aspect is their and I've read a considerable amount about the amount of development and engineering gone into 'F' cars even had a fair bit of Japanese translated 😳

I am a firm believer in the worth of the cars as regards further promotion what's not to like about them what have us owners got to lose 👍

🐀

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Farqui said:

I wasn't just referring to the mag's title, their website lists 'It celebrates the golden age of cars, bringing you the finest motors from the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.'

I'm all for raising the profile of the IS-F, it'll keep the GS-F as a modern sleeper that few know about :tongue_smilie:

Crumbs are there really just 200 IS-F on the isle?

The less said about the current POTUS the better me thinks.

218 or so to be precise. Out of which we know at least 5 were killed. Not sure if that counts imports as well, there would be very few of those as well.

Second though - for that matter, there are just over 5k of mk2 IS250 all together, which makes it rarer than M3 e92 alone.

• Like 1

No P-taking involved. Modern Classics is a broad church of cars – while the obviously the 80s and 90s stuff are already classics, the Modern part of the title references the next generation. The ISF has all the attributes of a classic already – stonking performance, low build numbers and great to drive. We feel the ISF needs greater exposure as an alternative to the norm... 

I'll be able to give more details in any email communication. 

Thanks,

Nathan

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Modern Classics magazine said:

Hello – we're looking to put together a photoshoot for which the Lexus ISF would be perfect. We're aiming for the photoshoot to take place in Northamptonshire.
We'd be aiming to shoot this within the next two months and it's likely to be a weekday. We'd refund your fuel and the car will be fully insured. We won't thrash your car – we'll leave that to people on telly. You'll also receive a selection of images for free offline use and a free copy of the magazine. We usually start at 9am and shoot till 5pm. 

Once we've got a few more cars confirmed we'll be able to give you firmer details on dates. 

Interested? Drop us a line at nathan.chadwick@bauermedia.co.uk.

Thanks,

Nathan Chadwick

Assistant Editor

Modern Classics magazine 

Hi Nathan

I am interested in raising the profile of our IS Fs. My involvement is largely based on the date of the shoot and whether it clashes with work trips abroad in July/August. Can wrangle a day off while in the UK. Also, my car is not in A1 condition in terms of paintwork, only had it for 2 weeks! 

Please send me a direct message if you would like to discuss further.

Vijay

50 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Good on those volunteering their cars in the cause of the IS-F.

Be great if chosen car was 100% stock IMvHO

@Flytvr Go on then yours is, and as they say I will if you will 😂

🐀

I'm also very suspicious of any dealings with the media. What is labelled as an ISF shoot will probably turn out to be something totally different.

I'd need to know exactly what the article was about, where they'd be taking the cars, what they'd be doing to them and if they were using riggs etc.

I have offered them the use of my car, Bauer media are a large organisation, I don't think there is a hidden agenda here, I have bought the magazine fairly regularly since issue 1and find most of the articles to be very good, and as others have said it cant do the image or the residuals of the F any harm.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mark G said:

I have offered them the use of my car, Bauer media are a large organisation, I don't think there is a hidden agenda here, I have bought the magazine fairly regularly since issue 1and find most of the articles to be very good, and as others have said it cant do the image or the residuals of the F any harm.

11 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Awesome. I'll look forward to my free copy :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mark G said:

@Mark G +1 As I mentioned in the beginning i to have been buying the mag, I couldn't overcome the locks on @Mark G house 😂

But seriously I think it's one of the better ones out there so I don't have a problem.

🐀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I'm also very suspicious of any dealings with the media. What is labelled as an ISF shoot will probably turn out to be something totally different.

I'd need to know exactly what the article was about, where they'd be taking the cars, what they'd be doing to them and if they were using riggs etc.

No way I'm getting involved if Riggs is involved...

Screenshot_20170601-125006.thumb.png.7e16f90063913cf49059a82d99c81a7a.png

• Like 4

Sounds interesting. :smile:

I've fired off an email to Nathan.

Happy to use mine if it's not too modified for their liking! Lol. :wink:

As others have said, good to increase the profile of these understated beasties! :yes:

Having done the Banzai feature last year, I know the drill, so won't be anything new in that regard.

Hope to hear back from Nathan soon.

Cheers.

Pete

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links