Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Wouldn't Clock A Car Would They? So What's Going On?

BartLexusFan

So I'm after a GS450h and I've found a really nice example. Not too cheap not to expensive but I've decided before I go 100+ miles to see it I'll do an official HPI check. And so I did. And that's what I've found out on the mileage.

I ran DVLA and they said we don't hold any information or store any checks and she admitted that it might have been a mistake because apparently 261.000 (done by DVLA) and then 26.300 (by Lexus) is quite similar (really?). I'm gonna check the MoT if the seller has MoT papers with him but it's really odd. And what happened between 2007 and 2010? On top of that Seller claims last 100.000 check was done by Lexus but then again it shows information up to 2013 and 60k+ miles. I suppose Lexus doesn't have to supply anyone with mileage information? Or it might be a Lemon with fake stamps after 60.000?

post-53433-0-64160100-1433510290_thumb.j

I'd say that's a mistake. If it is only two years old, it's averaged 15mph 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, since it left the dealership. That's about 360 gallons of petrol a week.

Its got to be a mistake - you can easily check these days as the mileage is usually stated on the MOT forms but I am not too sure how far they go back.

Like mentioned above - what year is the car you are looking at?

Ouch sorry forgot to mention 2007 which makes me hard to believe that someone did over 261.000 miles in 3 years. Unless you drive throughout Europe :) Anyway thanks for suggestions I'll double check MOT paperwork. Again it shows milage up to 66000 but the seller claims it's FS Lexus History and apparently Lexus did a major service at 100.000

I personally think that comma is in wrong place mistake by dvla u got to driving day and nite if can see car u will tell my foot pedal and steering wheel,seats good luck normally mot online can shed some light confront dealers what they have to say is it dealer or private check with lexus where services were done they have to supply u complete print out of any work carried out

100% DVLA error. It should say 26,100 miles. Therefore in 20 days the owner will have done 219 miles which makes 109.5 miles in 10 days which is pretty realistic

shows milage up to 66000 but the seller claims it's FS Lexus History and apparently Lexus did a major service at 100.000

as you indicate, if the car had a major service done by Lexus at 100,000 (can't have been at 10 years because hasn't reached the age yet) then there is no question of any of that mileage record being correct............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links