Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carpet Mats Required

I currently have the lexus rubber mats which are "functional" and ideal for winter, however for summer use would prefer carpet mats, lexus ones are about £90 which seems very expensive, being about double what can be found on eBay or amazon.

I don't want universal ones, I want them to be a good fit, are the lexus ones worth the money, can anyone recommend any cheaper ones?

Carmats 4 u do decent ones but their platinum mats cost £99 so you may as well get Lexus ones. Carmats4u does other graded as well but they don't last long and wear badly

Thanks Rayaans, that was my concern, there are a lot of much cheaper alternatives, but pointless if they only last 18 months. It's an expensive car, I don't want to spoil it with cheap mats.

Tony: I'm afraid Lexus have us over a barrel with the price of their cloth mats, their only virtue being a proper

fit. I find them rather thin, and their quality is not great considering the tendency of the driver's one to quickly

develop a sizeable depression where your heel swivels between pedals.

Tony: I'm afraid Lexus have us over a barrel with the price of their cloth mats, their only virtue being a proper

fit. I find them rather thin, and their quality is not great considering the tendency of the driver's one to quickly

develop a sizeable depression where your heel swivels between pedals.

That tends to happen on most cars though which arent fitted with a heel guard.

The benefit of the Lexus mats are that the material used is very high quality for the price. It vacuums up really well and shampoo + wet vac does wonders on them.

The aftermarket mats tend to be looped and dirt tends to stick inside them, its a pain to remove.

I currently have the lexus rubber mats which are "functional" and ideal for winter, however for summer use would prefer carpet mats, lexus ones are about £90 which seems very expensive, being about double what can be found on ebay or amazon.

I don't want universal ones, I want them to be a good fit, are the lexus ones worth the money, can anyone recommend any cheaper ones?

I'm surprised your Premier has rubber mats, thought it would have carpet ones? My F-Sport came with Lexus fitted carpet mats as std. Pretty sure the Premier I had as a courtesy car came with carpet mats too. Sure someone has swapped them before you got the car?? :ph34r:

Hi Steve, that was my reaction as well, but I think the rubber mats are part of the protection kit? I don't think any mats come as standard, although given the price, you would think they should.

think you got duped, if yours is a 2013 no way should you have rubber mats?, mine is a 08 and I got the lexus ones. I got cheapo ones on eBay a week or so ago for £20 and they are really good. Perfect fit and have heel protection too.

Hi Steve, that was my reaction as well, but I think the rubber mats are part of the protection kit? I don't think any mats come as standard, although given the price, you would think they should.

Yeah they are part of the protection kit. Carpet mats come as standard on all grades buddy.

I thought all 300h's regardless of trim come with carpet mats as standard, and unless you get the dealer to throw

them into the deal, you have to pay for a set of rubber ones.

Going back to the subject of a depression developing in the driver's mat because of the absence of a heel-guard,

the problem can be mitigated or delayed if, by way of reinforcement, you glue a square of thin rubber or carpeting on the reverse side of the mat in the position where a guard would be on the upper. I forgot to do this when I took

delivery of the car and will therefore be needing a replacement set sooner than I would like.

Carpet mats should be std. Rubber ones do come with the protection pack, not sure if they were meant to fit on top of the carpet ones or in place of them, but if replaced,I would think you should have got the carpet ones as well with the car as they are std. Protection pack is a dealer fit pack I think. Was your car bought new or used?

My F-Sport came witht he carpet mats. They seem good quality and respon dvery well to a vacuum clean. The Lexus logo looks the part to and they clip in place. IMHO worth paying for.

Ed. :flowers:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links