Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

She Passed And The Neighbours Short Lived Ls

Took the car for her MOT yesterday. Passed with flying colours. I was flapping for no reason. Came home to find the next door neighbour had bought an LS400 mk4 1998 for £200, 11 months ticket, not sure about the history. 12 hours later he sold it for £850. He said when it was gone he regretted it. It best car he had ever driven and would buy another. He is a motor trader. Would put photo up, but its to big, 4mb.

Tom

There's a very nice LS430 from Dudley on at the mo, actually looks nice!

Is it the one with the gleaming tyres and paint; two rusty doors, & both steering column adjustments u/s?

He hasn't stated that the A/C is "ice cold" either.

There's a very nice LS430 from Dudley on at the mo, actually looks nice!

Is it the one with the gleaming tyres and paint; two rusty doors, & both steering column adjustments u/s?

He hasn't stated that the A/C is "ice cold" either.

That's the one! Nice colour.......

badge snobbery is unreal in the UK, Lexus make very good cars. The LS400 Is legendary. It is better than many recent BMWs. I compare this snobbery to people buying iphones, they are not very good and way over priced, specification a few years old etc, but its just people being brainwashed into thinking they are getting something that is superior, which is often far from the case.

• Like 4

Unclear what is being said here - are we all snobs? Our cars can go for as low as £200. Not exactly the sort of thing you'd spout about with yuppies in a pub. I just paid £200 for my car - its a Lexus don't ya know! Ha ha ha.

I admit to the fact that having always felt a wee bit superior when looking through the "Star" (despite its age), its perhaps because of the V8 engine and image of the Lexus, reminder of the early days of the Goffrey video that I have spent so much money (not by standards of depreciation of a new car) since having bought it and not gone back to the "Star". Son, pointed out last night "Shed of the Week" on Pistonheads a V8 500 W140 S Class and I barely glanced at it. This Lexus thing and the nice people on the Owners Club is a bit of a magnet. Guess I've been dragged in by the metal strips in my Wallet.

.... Came home to find the next door neighbour had bought an LS400 mk4 1998 for £200, 11 months ticket, not sure about the history. 12 hours later he sold it for £850.

You will be popular if the new owner joins LOC & sees this thread :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links