Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h Premium Sat Nav - Whats The Latest Firmware Version -

Afternoon All,

My IS300H is currently in my local Lexus dealer having a new rear bumper fitted (after a small rear ending!).

Whilst it's in there I thought I'd ask the dealer to update the premium nav firmware to the latest version as the current version is a bit pants.

It's currently on the latest publically available version ( Version D ). There's a few forum posts regarding versions which are available to the dealers only.

Does anyone know what the latest version is I should be asking for?

Thanks

Craig

Not too sure what the latest is, but I updated mine to "c" a while back and then Lexus Edinburgh updated it to the supposedly latest version. They installed version "c" !!. Darwin has left the building and Homer Simpson has taken his place..

Hi Colin, have you had the latest software long enough to evaluate it, if so is it worth going for? I think that I read somewhere that there is another 'biggy update' due in the not-too-distant future, so I might wait for that. Largely depends on how long the release might be, and what you say about your update.

The update makes the system seemingly operate more quickly and smoothly, it may just be that the animations speeds are quicker.

For me personally I find the latest update an issue because I listen to podcasts on my Iphone and when one finishes the system seems to hang and doesn't let me browse again without having to reset the system.

If Lexus would publish these updates on their website or on the customer portal it would be quick and easy for people to upgrade, having to book an appointment and waste time and petrol to visit your dealer possibly isn't worth it for these minor updates unless you are impacted by a specific bug.

Whether an update will fix an issue seems to be an unknown as Lexus don't issue release notes, not even to their dealers!

You can probably tell I'm not entirely satisfied with the Infotainment system. Poorly implemented software combined with a lack of transparency and poor customer service isn't what I would expect on a £2,000 option. Given that they have such a bad system I would have expected Lexus to implement apple CarPlay and Android Auto as quickly as possible and just give up, unfortunately they are taking the opposite approach and want to try and make as much money out of their existing investment as possible.

I've stayed with version D. The system does all I need it to and I don't want to run the risk of introducing a bug. When it ain't broke don't fix it type of approach!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

As a comparison, I'm also on the latest version and whilst I don't think there are no real big issues with it now compared to earlier releases, it still isn't perfect.

I use a 160GB Ipod classic and it is better now, less crash prone than it was and podcasts for me work perfectly.

Phone is good and the echo I had reported on the other end appears to have gone.

The SatNav bit is ok too - as an aside, travelling through Europe this past week with it, it has been a constant source of amusement that while the sat nav instructions have continued with the normal female english voice, the local place names have been read out in the language of the country, with their pronunciations etc. Some have been funny, others virtually in-decipherable!

This is very confusing??

Is there a definitive list of version numbers against release dates for the system?

At my last dealer visit I enquired about firmware updates to be told that my car had the latest version (Quote version7 - looks like my dealer is using a different reference to identify updates) at the service before I took delivery.

My car was registered in July 14 and the current firmware version listed on the head unit is VC03101C

I have to agree with Colin, I too have the latest and it's made the iPod use frustratingly bad. It will play and then I come to try and change it via the mouse and it's all just blank. I have to reboot the whole system. Although the voice activation is better, it seems this is at the detriment of manual selection.

I await this BIG UPGRADE that is supposed to be coming, but they have had 2 years to get this infotainment sorted so I'm not holding out much hope.

Adrian,

Colin's version VD12102C seems to be the most recent, and there does not appear to be a proper release list or any consistency between what the dealers are reporting. If you are using VC03101C that is well out of date, I'm on VC03101D and haven't updated for at least 12 months.

Frankly it's a bit of a mess and very definitely not Lexus's finest hour. You can tell by the number of posts on this topic how much attention it's attracted.

I haven't really been adversely affected, my demands on the system are fairly light - the Nav works ok, voice recognition is just about adequate and my music needs are pretty simple. That's not really the point though, particularly given the cost of it.

You would hope that is part of the dealer pre delivery service. I wouldn't takes bets though, unless the odds were in my favour!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with many of the comments posted, in particular the fact that Lexus seem unprepared to make clear to customers what the latest version is, when it was released and what it fixed. The last point is key for me; we're not talking about enhancements to the functionality of the software, just bug fixes and possibly slight improvements to speed of operation.

I don't know if the software has been written by Lexus in-house staff or provided by a third party but frankly the result is disappointing - definitely not the kind of service customers expect of Lexus, who normally pride themselves on winning the JD Power Customer Satisfaction survey every year :whistling:

I suspect that at some point Lexus, like a number of other manufacturers, will have to concede defeat and adopt either apple Car Play or Android Auto. But of course then we'll be in a situation where one party might blame the other for problems - just like we see in business every day of the week!

Lexus have already said a firm NO to apple Car play and Android equivalents. However, Toyota has recently been involved with Ford in terms of infotainment and perhaps something will come of it.

I've been promised a huge fix is coming soon, how soon is a question I need answered but I've been told a few months atleast

Now, as the wife's IS300H is coming soon, would someone kindly tell me how to actually update the system from whatever it is to the latest version? Im assuming you download something from the net and then plug it into the car?

There was only one download that you could do yourself via the portal. It was for internet traffic. All the others are done by the dealership. I stopped asking for the updates when it was obvious my dealer, who is excellent in every other respect, didn't have a clue. In addition, I am not having any functionality problems and owners have reported the updates seem to have introduced as many bugs as they fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

The latest Version C is very good & a huge advance on the previous 7 Versions------my Milan" warning of the severe weather" we were driving into that day really made me smile.

I am an apple nut & Version C is near the Motoring equivalent & D will be even better----- I have yet to have a Device that does not have to be updated the second you get Home .

My daughters Audi & Disco are Dickensian by comparison.

Tel

• 3 weeks later...

Hurry up with the bloody new version "D" please is all I can say. It's a daily fight to use my ipod, and the car is winning. So much so I've stopped using the mouse for the ipod control, I now only use voice recognition. At least they have got this bit right and voice recognition works 1st time every time.

Hi all,

Just pickup up a 2013 is300h Prem in replacement for a 2005 is250 today, I had asked the dealership to update the software before I get it and I was told it was done, the version I have is VC03100L, is this the new one or is it as I suspect what it rolled out the factory with 2 years ago and they just told me it was done hoping I would not check.

Thanks

Ben

Ben: Personally I have been so confused about the firmware codes and discussions about them on this Forum that

I have never updated from "D". Dealers, including my own, that I have asked about prospectively updating either

unashamedly admit their ignorance or tell me that queries to Lexus technical people leave them none the wiser about

the benefits.

Anyway, as specifically regards version VC03100L mentioned in your post, this jogged my memory because it was the

one also mentioned to me by Lexus Italy (Tech Dept) in late 2013 or early 2014 when I phoned to get information about

an update, and it would have been the version my dealer would have installed at the time of my next service. Then, to

my surprise and irritation, I discovered that it was not only out-of-date but also the subject of negative comments on

IS300h owners' forums in France and Spain (respectively www.forum.clublexis.com and www.clublexus.eu).

I think, therefore, that your dealer is mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine had VD12102C from the factory, and I have not experienced any issues with it. So unless the new updates are ground breaking, I'll use the adage: "If it's not broken, don't fix it".

David.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links