Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

I am thinking of changing my 55 gs300 for a 10 gs450 are they a good car

My 300 is silky smooth and quiet is the CVT more noisy I have read somewhere that it is allways reving

as though not sure what gear it is in

I also note it as lower profile tyres does this make more road noise

does the hybrid cause any problems

My Gs 300 runs perfectly i must admit but i have had it 3.5 years now and thought i would change up

I hope i can get a good report from you gs450 owners

Thank You

Robert

Robert,

I have a 10 GS 450h and it is better than good. It is outstandingly smooth, quiet and very fast. Expect 35mpg overall and do ensure that you check for a FULL LEXUS SERVICE HISTORY and try to obtain a 2 year Lexus Warranty.

Good luck.

Regards

John

Hi all

I am thinking of changing my 55 gs300 for a 10 gs450 are they a good car

My 300 is silky smooth and quiet is the CVT more noisy I have read somewhere that it is allways reving

as though not sure what gear it is in

I also note it as lower profile tyres does this make more road noise

does the hybrid cause any problems

My Gs 300 runs perfectly i must admit but i have had it 3.5 years now and thought i would change up

I hope i can get a good report from you gs450 owners

Thank You

Robert

Regarding the cvt box, it makes the car much smoother to drive than any automatic box.

Yes, it does sound more revvy when you have your foot to the floor but this is something you do occasionally and when overtaking for short burst.

Also, because the acceleration is much quicker than the 300 you are not revving for very long.

For the rest of your 95% of driving the car is utterly smooth and refined.

I recently took a ls460 out and was disappointed with the auto box after driving my gs450. If I should decide to change for an LS I would have to buy an LS600 now just for the CVT and hybrid side of things.

Carl

The hybrid system is smoother than any auto, the only slight thing you feel on the LS and GS is a single gear change at speed but that isn't too noticeable.

If you could stretch to a series IV then that is worth doing, the vehicle is improved is practically every way. A major upgrade, much more than from the series II to series III.

Thanks ever so much for your comments i am going to have a run out this weekend and have a look at it

Quietness and refinement is what i aspire to

Revy and loud exhaust do my head in I love the serenity of my gs so maybe the 450 will be even better

Once again thank you all for your replies

Robert

The hybrid system is smoother than any auto, the only slight thing you feel on the LS and GS is a single gear change at speed but that isn't too noticeable.

Yes, the gear change was odd when I first experienced it. It happens around 80mph and is only really noticeable when under full throttle dash up the carriageway. If you are accelerating more gently then you don't really notice it.

I believe it is more a ratio change so that the GS and LS. Could achieve 155mph plus speeds should you need to ever take something on a German autobahn...lol

wow 155 never been that fast only in aircraft lol

80 ish is my prefered speed and my car is very quiet and not much road noise i am on Toyo tyres

I am thinking of making exactly the same change as Robert, so could I include a couple of questions in the mix. Firstly, am I right in thinking that the hybrid batteries are either smaller or better positioned in the '10 model, making for slightly more boot space than earlier versions? Also - of importance to my wife - is the DAB radio standard or an option?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Carl

Im useing Toyo Proxes GF1 they are silent but a bit hummy on gravel roads but motorway silent but i dont go much over 80

hope that helps

Robert

I am thinking of making exactly the same change as Robert, so could I include a couple of questions in the mix. Firstly, am I right in thinking that the hybrid batteries are either smaller or better positioned in the '10 model, making for slightly more boot space than earlier versions? Also - of importance to my wife - is the DAB radio standard or an option? Thanks Mike

The hybrid Battery unit was repositioned on 2010 models to give slightly more space, but only slightly! DAB was standard on the 2010 GS SE-L only, as part of the Mark Levinson sound system - according ot the 2010 brochure DAB was not available otherwise. All 2010 model year cars came with HDD sat nav with 40gb drive, plus a USB connector.

hth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links