Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol V Diesel Pump Prices

I could be wrong here but I always thought that diesel fuel was more expensive because of the fuel duty on it.

Called into Morrisons in Perth earlier today and saw both at the same price.

post-12144-0-68034200-1437337440_thumb.j

Duty is the same. Diesel costs more to produce and therefore is normally more expensive than petrol. Supply/demand alters the price difference with changes throughout the year. It's rare for the two to come together but currently the wholesale price for diesel is less than petrol.

I could be wrong here but I always thought that diesel fuel was more expensive because of the fuel duty on it.

Called into Morrisons in Perth earlier today and saw both at the same price.

attachicon.gifmorrisons Perth.jpg

Have seen the supermarkets are doing it the same price it's the same at ASDA in Newcastle.

Still I don't use supermarket fuels unless I have hire cars.

Petrol is now 1p more than diesel, typical, I have run diesel for the last 18 years, 7 weeks ago bought an IS300h...............................................

Diesel was always cheaper than petrol but then the government somehow conned every one into buying diesel cars etc then over a period of years they upped the tax in its many guises and made diesel more expensive than petrol, too late now for all you who got suckered in by the great diesel con. Mike.

Diesel 2p more expensive here. Obviously, more people are going to buy diesels so the difference will increase, especially after 2017 when the new VED doesnt take CO2 into account as much as it does now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33594585

The price of diesel has fallen below petrol at some supermarkets for the first time in more than a decade, after the big chains announced price cuts.

Supermarket Morrisons cut the price of diesel by up to 2p per litre, and Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's followed the move with their own price cuts.

The last time diesel was cheaper than petrol was 2001, according to analysis by Experian Catalyst.

They have been shamed into lowering diesel prices by the media, as wholesale market prices for diesel have been lower than petrol for some time now, and as usual, they haven't been passing it on to us. I thought an inquiry into fuel prices was conducted a while back, and it concluded that the big corporations were being fair in passing on lower costs to motorists. No doubt like all government or independent inquiries, backhanders were rife, and those on the committee probably had vested interests in the companies they were investigating.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33594585

The price of diesel has fallen below petrol at some supermarkets for the first time in more than a decade, after the big chains announced price cuts.

Supermarket Morrisons cut the price of diesel by up to 2p per litre, and Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's followed the move with their own price cuts.

The last time diesel was cheaper than petrol was 2001, according to analysis by Experian Catalyst.

"Experian Catalyst" are they a low emissions company :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links