Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Is Has Landed

OOooooh - SHINY! Wife's is being collected on Friday this week but its a 63 plate - was supposed to be last Friday but paperwork didn't arrive from DVLA and of course, dealers are busy today - working all day tomorrow and salesperson not there on Thursday!!

Billy, yes I spec'ed the leather, and the suspension is just fine. My Wife doesn't like being jolted around by hard suspension, so it had to past that test.

As long as you don't spec it with the suspension pack, it is no harder ride than the previous small Honda we had. Even in sport mode.

Absolutely crackin motor. Don't I just love those wheels eh!!!! The one thing I don't like about mine is the wheels.

It was a fight between the Premier and the F-Sport. I rather fancied the ACC on the Premier, but preferred the look of the F-Sport. Although my Wife preferred the Premier, as she said it looked more classy.

David.

You can tell the difference between the F Sport and Premier, both on 18" wheel, and you can again notice the difference between the Premier and the models with 17" wheels. Whether the ride is too firm is down to personal opinion so I'd recommend you test the different options. Personally I'd like it a little softer but the styling and the colour option made me choose the F Sport.

Actually the suspension pack, AVS, is slightly softer than the standard F Sport in the normal settings, only in Sport + mode is it harder.

Needs a proper (non-Lexus) clean, but I'll need to wait until the following snags have been sorted out:
Poor initial valet
glue on rear leather seat side
line marks and indentations on front of same leather seat.
gouge on plastic wheel arch by rear seat
I got the Lexus assistance paperwork today, although they missed the last character off the reg number on the card
David

post-53528-0-69411800-1441483711_thumb.j

post-53528-0-03569700-1441483722_thumb.j

post-53528-0-87727100-1441483733_thumb.j

post-53528-0-88760200-1441483768_thumb.j

Well, met the Manager this morning, and they'll be in touch to get the car in to remedy the issues.

He said they'd lost their excellent valet, and have had issues with one of their replacements, who has since been fired.

He thought all the issues are probably valeting ones.

So I'll need to hold fire on my cleaning stint.

David

Thanks David, all looks relatively minor, but really takes the edge off.

I found the preparation on mine was poor, and every time it went back it ended up with more dirt marks on the light leather.

I guess it all depends on the dealers you use - everytime I have got my car its flawless - no new scratches or marks on the interior etc.

If its some irreparable damage, id be asking for a new car though

Unfortunately no way of knowing until it's too late, I guess I just bought into the lexus "hype" the reality is they are just another dealer out to make money, and have to say not a patch on the last hyundai dealer I used.

Unfortunately no way of knowing until it's too late, I guess I just bought into the lexus "hype" the reality is they are just another dealer out to make money, and have to say not a patch on the last hyundai dealer I used.

Lexus dealers are the best in the UK though. Go to another dealer if you're so unhappy with the current one.

Lexus dealers are the best in the UK though. Go to another dealer if you're so unhappy with the current one.

My experience with my supplying deal was poor. Will be visiting another for servicing so will see if I was just unlucky.

Part of me thinks that I have just bought too much into the hype, but to be honest Audi were far better to me.

tbh the dealer is fine so far, just let down by the valeting service. Unfortunately the valet is the last stop before the customer, so reflects badly.

Shame they don't work like a good kitchen, where the chef checks the pass before going to the customer!.

David.

tbh the dealer is fine so far, just let down by the valeting service. Unfortunately the valet is the last stop before the customer, so reflects badly.

Shame they don't work like a good kitchen, where the chef checks the pass before going to the customer!.

David.

Essentially this is how it should go and has been for me:

1) car taken off truck

2) stickers and plastic taken off and transport wax removed

3) full inspection carried out

4) fit wheel centre caps, wheel locks etc etc

5) PDI - valet and whatever else. Should be checked after valet and before being given to the customer by salesman

You can reject the car. They either have to replace the car or fix the issues

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links