Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Changed Cars

After 4 years and 10 months, I said goodbye today. If anyone comes across a red 2010 IS-F with just under 38,000 on the clock it will make a great buy; I've lovingly looked after it. If anyone spots BK10 NYX for sale and is thinking of buying it, I'll happily fill you in on the history. Currently its at Lexus Manchester, where I traded it in for this...

post-46143-0-37346100-1443210784_thumb.j

So far, so very good.

I was pondering going for blue, but once I saw it in the red, there was no option. It is noticeably different from the Mesa Red on the IS-F

post-46143-0-94594800-1443258349_thumb.j

post-46143-0-73416700-1443258374_thumb.j

The blue one I saw was gorgeous as well and I too was tempted to change from red.

Black does not show off all the bits and pieces and white looked just wrong to me. I'd love to see an orange one in the metal. But then I went nearly 5 years without seeing another IS-F on the road so I won't be holding my breath.

Love the colour. Not seen a red RCF in the metal to date. Have so far only seen them in grey, orange and a white carbon. Thought they all looked great to be honest.

Be good to hear how you think this car compares to your ISF when you've lived with it for a while.

I'll post updates as I find out ore.

First impressions are overall very positive. Some specifics:

• In Eco mode around town and on motorways it responds like the IS-F did in Sport when I want to do small speed changes.
  • The engine noise is wonderful. The IS-F does a bit at 3500rpm then tails off a bit. The RC-F goes to full Brian Blessed mode and stays there to the red line.
  • Despite earlier reservations in Apr, I find the interior is a great place to be and looks amazing.
  • The ride over bumps and potholes is much better; probably because they had a stiffer bodyshell to fix the suspension to.
  • I love the thicker steering wheel
  • The mpg is not representative as I've been playing with it.
  • I've still yet to fully bond with the handling, but I think I need to adjust my driving style.
  • Sport mode is great for fun driving. Sport + makes the gear changes harsh when pushing on

All sounds very positive.

The interior does make them feel very special together with that sound track. I particularly liked the red leather as it really showed the detailing in the seats.

Had organised a test drive for when my car was in for its service at Woodford last August, but unfortunately it had been sold shortly before.

Shame as it was a bells & whistles carbon edition according to the service department. Will have to try again next time.

Looks lovely mate.. i saw a black one with white leather at bham lexus today.. very hard not to look at it. I have seen a orange one here before and it looked stunning.. ive also seen white with red leather near my work place, personally i liked the white with red leather.. but the red and blue do make you think twice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links