Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pagid Vs Oe Lexus Rear Brake Pads

They don't cause any damage. They only squeak for a short time, then they break off. (Bit like a bomb ticking - when it goes silent, you know it's really time to act!)

Anyway - you should change the pads before you hear the squeak - it's more than a squeak - it sounds as though the wheel is about to fall off (I understand....!). It's a last resort - if it goes that far, the least of your maintenance worries is a scrape on the discs!

I used Pagid discs and pads front and rear. They are substantially cheaper than the OE alternative and I have not discerned any change in performance . I am sure that the OE components are first class but in many cases aftermarket components are fast on their heals these days

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 10/30/2015 at 12:54 PM, 999101999 said:

I used Pagid discs and pads front and rear. They are substantially cheaper than the OE alternative and I have not discerned any change in performance . I am sure that the OE components are first class but in many cases aftermarket components are fast on their heals these days

copy and paste from my thread.

just researching pagid discs vs lexus.

"

4) Is the KILLER when I'm on the motorway breaking at speed there's a slight vibration. He said reason being front break discs are slightly wobbling and the rear discs are wobbling so much will fail be an MOT failure.

He said he I really need four new disc breaks he gave a rough quote for four pagid brand discs which I've heard the name they seem ok he said Mercedes use them for around £600+ ish and for four OME Lexus discs £1000+. either way this going to kill my bank account dead 😪

I'm more mad I spent £500 on AA warranty with the car and unable to use it for anything at the moment feel like warranty is useless I generally never warranty anything in my life. "

Nothing wrong with Pagid discs or pads. They're not uprated 'performance' items but neither are original Lexus ones - the Pagid items will perform just as well as Lexus ones.

Hybrid cars are much lighter on discs and pads than ICE cars - not much point in uprated ones really unless you live at the top of the Stelvio pass or similar.

Thumbs up for Pagid.

I've no issue with Pagid, I've fitted them to numerous vehicles over the years but they don't tend to last as long as the OEM I find. (might not be a major issue with hybrid as stated) 

Lexus parts direct are doing RX OEM front pads and discs for £191 (double check its your vehicle) and rear pads / disc set for £161 .. so £352 all in. If there isn't much in it I'd opt for original. 

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-iii-2009-2015/lexus-rx-3-brakes-transmission/lexus-rx-phase-3-front-brake-set/

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-rx/lexus-rx-phase-iii-2009-2015/lexus-rx-3-brakes-transmission/lexus-rx-phase-3-rear-brake-set/

2 hours ago, johnatg said:

Nothing wrong with Pagid discs or pads. They're not uprated 'performance' items but neither are original Lexus ones - the Pagid items will perform just as well as Lexus ones.

Hybrid cars are much lighter on discs and pads than ICE cars - not much point in uprated ones really unless you live at the top of the Stelvio pass or similar.

Thumbs up for Pagid.

I've heard pagid is used by Porsche - is there any truth in that?

brembo has an OEM replacement series. They feature a coating on the non contact braking surface to prevent rusting. I've used their discs successfully on my previous Toyotas and Subaru. Cheaper than OEM too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links