Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do you mean just IS250's or all of them?

Well, I can't say for sure, but I have been through all my old invoices and there is nothing mentioned of a water pump being replaced. The previous owner seems to have had all his

work done at the dealer (tyres, Battery, etc..), so there is a good chance that it is a complete record.

how do they check that ? Remove the belt?

Is the water pump issue due to poor coolant ?Perhaps coolant needs higher concentration ? It's utter rubbish if it is a falling part for no reason.

Unlikely anything to do with the coolant, the bearing is on the outside not in contact with the coolant. A tiny bit of play isn't an issue but it will get to the point where the play allows water past and/or the bearing may start to get noisy. Water pump reliability is a bit of a weakness on the 250 engine, the bearing probably should be a little bigger to deal with the tension the belt is under.

Technically yes but like most things these days they aren't designed to take apart. The Impeller on the inside and hub on the outside are press fitted to the rotating shaft so they would be very difficult to remove without damaging the fragile aluminium casing and the bearing and seal themselves would need to be sourced somehow as they aren't available as spares.

Given that you can purchase an OEM water pump for around £100 it just isn't really worth trying. The biggest expense is the labour cost, why risk having to go through it all again in the short term if a repair doesn't hold up.

installation looks straight forward. If it comes to it i'll just get a new pump and do it.

What surprises me is so many known issues that one needs to be aware of. And how lexus knows and checks everything. Wonder if they have a check list.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links