Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've bought another one !!!!

Having recently sold my series IV LS400 I have now gone and purchased another one, this was advertised on Gumtree and was fairly local to me near Sheffield so I went to take a look.

It's a 1999 model with 134,000 miles on the clock with a full black leather interior, few bits need doing, electric aeriel fixed today with a new insert, driver's door mirror has been glued in position, brake warning light is on along with the washer level warning light. CD cartridge is missing ( does anyone have a spare?) but has Bluetooth fitted.

Cambelt is ready so will be doing the full kit with parts ordered from the USA.

Pretty clean all round but needs a good valet and polish.

MOT until end of July.

Bought it before it went to Dudley and it gained a FLSH and new cambelt to become indeed a very nice example :)

The ad photos weren't great so here is the best of them, I'll post some post valet ones up over the weekend (if the weather holds fine).

New Lexus

New Lexus

• Like 3

18 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Having recently sold my series IV LS400 I have now gone and purchased another one, this was advertised on Gumtree and was fairly local to me near Sheffield so I went to take a look.

It's a 1999 model with 134,000 miles on the clock with a full black leather interior, few bits need doing, electric aeriel fixed today with a new insert, driver's door mirror has been glued in position, brake warning light is on along with the washer level warning light. CD cartridge is missing ( does anyone have a spare?) but has bluetooth fitted.

Cambelt is ready so will be doing the full kit with parts ordered from the USA.

Pretty clean all round but needs a good valet and polish.

MOT until end of July.

Bought it before it went to Dudley and it gained a FLSH and new cambelt to become indeed a very nice example :)

The ad photos weren't great so here is the best of them, I'll post some post valet ones up over the weekend (if the weather holds fine).

New Lexus

New Lexus

Steve I have read the thread about your new car but  there are no pictures coming up  !!

11 minutes ago, SHELLDRAKE said:

Steve I have read the thread about your new car but  there are no pictures coming up  !!

Take a look in your downloads folder, that's where they ended up on my pc, when I clicked on the links.

21 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Looks nice a straight, how much did they relieve you of for this fine specimen. Mike.

Weird things happening here, I click on reply to this topic and I get to quote on the 2nd post and pictures no longer appear in the post just a link which seems to go anywhere.

Press return and it jumps down 2 lines, perhaps get sorted as the new system kicks in.

Anyway I'm hand polishing and sorry about the picture.

40 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Weird things happening here, I click on reply to this topic and I get to quote on the 2nd post and pictures no longer appear in the post just a link which seems to go anywhere.

Press return and it jumps down 2 lines, perhaps get sorted as the new system kicks in.

Anyway I'm hand polishing and sorry about the picture.

Things are weirder than you think.  Yesterday I got messages to someone else from another member with an email address, about 10 times! 

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Things are weirder than you think.  Yesterday I got messages to someone else from another member with an email address, about 10 times! 

I was getting masses of emails but it has calmed down today. I keep trying to turn off notifications but it only seems to  half work. Mike.

I haven't had a mail, telling me when somebody posts on a thread, for months now.

Mind you, I think I prefer that to getting other peoples mail!

It's funny, most things have improved over the years, but using the internet has become a pain in the arse, more so with each supposed "improvement".

• Like 2

Oooooh I can now post without quoting Mike's post looks like things are getting better, I was also getting more notifiications than before but this seems to have ceased. I get enough as a mod as it is :)

I have now sorted the aereil with a new mast installed, replaced a blown stop light and numberplate bulb and also replaced the broken main bonnet lock, when I bought the car it was missing but found in the boot well rusted with a broken spring.

I replaced it with one off m blue 1994 Celsior (now being broken) but this did not have the microswitch for the alarm but apart from this was a direct fit.

Managed to polish half before it got dark and now it has rained!

Now waiting for the cam belt kit and waterpump plus still have to sort out the brake warning light and washer bottle level light.

Transmission fluid looks bad so need 10 litres of type IV, brake fluid also needs replacing.

Interior now vacuumed and mats washed so now needs leather cleaning and treated.

Managed to flatten the Battery with the doors being open all day but has responded to a smart charge I hope.

Still work in progress so further updates and pictures to follow.

Looking forward to the updated pics!

Are your mats sheepskin?

I have sheepskin mats so must look up how to clean them without damage.

I have ONLY had the car 7 months ...... and found a genuine Lexus CD holder in the armrest! The spare wheel is brand new .... but I need to check how old it is!

My weekend project was going to be the cambelt but it hasn't arrived yet but last weekend I decided to service the brakes.

After removing the offside rear wheel the height sensor rod wasn't broken it was completely missing the lever held in a fixed position with a nylon cable tie, new one made up ready to fit. This would explain the MOT fails over the last few years for headlight adjustment.

The disc was badly worn and scored so a new pair and pads ordered which arrived yesterday.

Brake fluid change at the same time as it looks very dark. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links