Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchase advice please! A few questions..

8 hours ago, rds1985 said:

Quite lucky on that front, no kids (or near future plans for) more of a weekend car that will be garaged and pampered and probably have more hours spent detailing it than driving it! Don't think I e ever seen a red one in the flesh. 

How long have they had it now? Wonder if there's a any discount to be had

I've got mine in May last year, Lexus Coventry, an expensive weekend away at the "motofest", I always wanted the red, even have a 2008 brochure before the blue was an option 

16 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I've got mine in May last year, Lexus Coventry, an expensive weekend away at the "motofest", I always wanted the red, even have a 2008 brochure before the blue was an option 

There's always a discount, paid less for mine than the px price allowed for it, keep chipping away at the dealer, not many people have 20k to part with, so always be a limited sales market, good luck,

Paul

7 hours ago, Keith_W said:

It's definitely worth it. No other colour comes up like this.............

image.jpeg

I'll give u that one, my black one was superb when washed n polished,......normally lasted about half an hour, lol, BUT that half hour was worth it.

Definitely need to make the effort to get round all the colours I think. I suspect I'll really like the red in the flesh although for me it doesn't photo as well as the black.

luckily most colours seem to be accessible within an hour or sos drive so should be ok!

3 minutes ago, rds1985 said:

Definitely need to make the effort to get round all the colours I think. I suspect I'll really like the red in the flesh although for me it doesn't photo as well as the black.

luckily most colours seem to be accessible within an hour or sos drive so should be ok!

The red has a pearlesant flake in it, very hard to capture in photos, but looks fantastic when the sun catches it, that's about 3 days a year, but those 3 days are worth it.

• Like 1

I am sure the black one was originally up for 25995 I think - the advert went - and they stuck another £1k on it. It came up when there was a blue one for sale (that I missed out on due to not havign time to look). That was at a lexus dealer for £24987 I think it was. 6 months older but less mileage.

I think I will be searching a long time for one. I'm surprised the one in Poole I think it was has gone now (or least not on autotrader)

I was looking for 9 months for my Evora and found it via the forum after the owner stated it was being traded in. Hopefully you will have a similar bit of luck. Best to wait and be fully happy with the eventual decision. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

I was looking for 9 months for my Evora and found it via the forum after the owner stated it was being traded in. Hopefully you will have a similar bit of luck. Best to wait and be fully happy with the eventual decision. 

I think think this is very solid advice, I'm man enough to admit that I've got carried away in the heat of the moment during the past and bought something that with hind sight wasn't quite what I wanted.

will have fun doing my research and looking at the different options etc. and then need to be firm with myself.

price is the other big thing, I don't mind paying top private rates etc, and a little bit over what a car is worth to get what I want, but I dont want to be needlessly lining the pockets of the dealers if they aren't going to be realistic price wise

enjoyed going through the price tracker thread too

Have sent you a private message Rich. Great decision to buy an ISF. 2 years on and I still love mine and I've been lucky enough to drive some pretty decent cars but this is by far the best.

Based on this particular ISF it's appreciation is a superb investment, better than property, stocks and shares etc! Out of my league, I'm looking upto £20k but good examples hard to come by on autotrader at the moment.

57 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Based on this particular ISF it's appreciation is a superb investment, better than property, stocks and shares etc! Out of my league, I'm looking upto £20k but good examples hard to come by on autotrader at the moment.

lol jokers

Evening all, wanted to do a decent length post to document my experience of the ISF I went to test drive today.

The car was the red one at Lexus Manchester, MNMJs former steed.

I booked in after a nice chat with a girl called Candice on Friday and arrived on site at 10am this morning. It's my first dealings ever with Lexus and I have to say how impressed I was. No pushiness at all, very pleasant and all things considered a revelation compared to many I have dealt with at other rival marques (BMW, Merc etc)

So, to the car, in great condition, spotted a little / light kerbage on one front wheel, other than that all very tidy. hopped into the driver seat and got myself comfortable. The dash area was one of my main concerns with the ISF as it's a bit less refined imho than the likes of the M3 & C63. I stand by that statement although in defence of the ISF I actually think it is all functionally better, the touch screen is much more intuitive than the twizzy clicker type set up on the German cars however I do find these to be a fair bit more refined and aesthetically pleasing.

Onto the drive, I must say, I'm not a particularly aggressive driver at the best of times and do tend to go into my shell on these test drives / when driving a car that's not my own. Therefore I can only say that I enjoyed the engine note greatly although didn't really get the revs up much! 

I found the ride to be acceptable (pre facelift car) but I think this is due to me coming from Mini GP2 and Z4 on big wheels both of which were fairly bone shaking. I can see what people mean that it isn't damped the best and would be interested to compare to a facelift...

Also not too bothered about having the LSD for my purposes but would enjoy having DAB-can anyone confirm when this came in?

Were there any other bits of interest that came in on the facelift?

What I would say is that the red isn't personally for me I don't think, I didn't dislike it but think black / grey may suit me better...

Would love to see the Woodford car, but with one thing and another can't travel 200 miles to view at this point in time. They did send me a video etc but it was a dull day and not great video. Can anyone help with either:

1-Do any North west members have a grey one I could come and have a look at?

2 - Does anyone have some really good clean grey photos (like the lovely black ones in this thread)?

Cheers all.

45 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Haha. The guy is a magician. I'll be giving him my lotus at some stage as well for the same treatment. 

Think I'll need to build another 850 into my "negotiating" lol

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, rds1985 said:

Evening all, wanted to do a decent length post to document my experience of the ISF I went to test drive today.

The car was the red one at Lexus Manchester, MNMJs former steed.

I booked in after a nice chat with a girl called Candice on Friday and arrived on site at 10am this morning. It's my first dealings ever with Lexus and I have to say how impressed I was. No pushiness at all, very pleasant and all things considered a revelation compared to many I have dealt with at other rival marques (BMW, Merc etc)

So, to the car, in great condition, spotted a little / light kerbage on one front wheel, other than that all very tidy. hopped into the driver seat and got myself comfortable. The dash area was one of my main concerns with the ISF as it's a bit less refined imho than the likes of the M3 & C63. I stand by that statement although in defence of the ISF I actually think it is all functionally better, the touch screen is much more intuitive than the twizzy clicker type set up on the German cars however I do find these to be a fair bit more refined and aesthetically pleasing.

Onto the drive, I must say, I'm not a particularly aggressive driver at the best of times and do tend to go into my shell on these test drives / when driving a car that's not my own. Therefore I can only say that I enjoyed the engine note greatly although didn't really get the revs up much! 

I found the ride to be acceptable (pre facelift car) but I think this is due to me coming from Mini GP2 and Z4 on big wheels both of which were fairly bone shaking. I can see what people mean that it isn't damped the best and would be interested to compare to a facelift...

Also not too bothered about having the LSD for my purposes but would enjoy having DAB-can anyone confirm when this came in?

Were there any other bits of interest that came in on the facelift?

What I would say is that the red isn't personally for me I don't think, I didn't dislike it but think black / grey may suit me better...

Would love to see the Woodford car, but with one thing and another can't travel 200 miles to view at this point in time. They did send me a video etc but it was a dull day and not great video. Can anyone help with either:

1-Do any North west members have a grey one I could come and have a look at?

2 - Does anyone have some really good clean grey photos (like the lovely black ones in this thread)?

Cheers all.

Did they offer any discounts to make you buy?

the Messa red one in Manchester is owned by a member on here, I recall him exchanging it for a RCF.. find him on the RCF chat and he'll be able to tell you much more about the car.

2 hours ago, MrW said:

The red one at Manchester might be a very nice car but I still think is very over priced.

Your right. That's why its been up for sale so long. Should be £21k to sell but I know they paid too much for it in the first place. Someones priced it up as a 2010 model when its a 2009.

3 hours ago, MrW said:

The red one at Manchester might be a very nice car but I still think is very over priced.

Tbh it's not the colour for me hence I haven't tried to push on it. Whilst I was curious thought it a bit unfair to string them along when they've been really good.

have been doing the d*** dance with Woodford on the grey one but we have reached an impasse at £24k, I would probably have gone to 23.

very interested to hear people's thoughts on that price?!

Thanks for the heads up Charlie, tbh I'm after something unmodified and a lower mileage one if possible.

I could stretch to the one at Woodford but I'm in no great rush hence wondering if people think it's worth anywhere near 24k

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links