Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS300h or BMW 3 Series Saloon?

Ye that does look nice, I saw a car in the Lexus showroom that had orange, yellow looks a bit chav but the orange looks expensively sporty.  I'll order some fabric DECALS too to make it look that bit more classy.  Any other little things I can do to make it look that bit more sporty'er or exclusive or generally awesome? I'll probably get the windows tinted down a bit too, but not too much.

19 hours ago, Dave748 said:

That includes the inside, not that you can really do too much to an F-Sport anyway.  I'm not talking big things either, subtle things that you hardly notice but are there.

Spoiler?

On 03/02/2016 at 10:03 PM, Dave748 said:

That includes the inside, not that you can really do too much to an F-Sport anyway.  I'm not talking big things either, subtle things that you hardly notice but are there.

My Fsport now has ambient lighting just two small neat not noticeable red Leds. Just enough to give the centre console area a red glow at night. As fitted to Audi`s.  The picture is not great as it is hard to expose in the dark. The Red glow is very subtle and nothing like as bright as shown but just enough for a glow.

Ambient%20Lights_zpsv9nllxfm.jpg

14 hours ago, capese21 said:

My Fsport now has ambient lighting just two small neat not noticeable red Leds. Just enough to give the centre console area a red glow at night. As fitted to Audi`s.  The picture is not great as it is hard to expose in the dark. The Red glow is very subtle and nothing like as bright as shown but just enough for a glow.

4 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Edward, is the red glow factory fitted or did you do it yourself.  If DIY can you point me in the right direction please, I'm a sucker for such stuff!

Same question to the above about the internal lights, my missues Beemer has these and I really like them, no idea if my F-Sport has them or not yet, pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  Also I'd really like them in blue to match the car colour.

17 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

How about some Lexus puddle lights....

Also I'd be interested in the puddle lights, anyone know the best place to get them from?

4 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hi Edward, is the red glow factory fitted or did you do it yourself.  If DIY can you point me in the right direction please, I'm a sucker for such stuff!

Lexus dont include ambient lighting so I added it. There is small blank panel in the front of the interior light switch console. I removed it and fitted two small 3mm 12v red Led`s wired into the side light circuit. I kept the leds flush so they are not distracting and hardly noticeable. The red glow is very subtle but look great imho.

Ed:winkiss:

2 minutes ago, capese21 said:

There is small blank panel in the front the interior light switch console. I removed it and fitted two small 3mm 12v red Led`s wired into the side light circuit. I kept the leds flush so they are not distracting and hardly noticeable. The red glow is very subtle but look great imho.

When you say wired it into the side lights, so how far did you run the wire? Where did you run the wire, and where did you tap into the sidelight circuit?

2 minutes ago, Dave748 said:

When you say wired it into the side lights, so how far did you run the wire? Where did you run the wire, and where did you tap into the sidelight circuit?

I ran a wire along the loom, passenger side & picked up a feed from the rear lights. Soldered & heat shrink no crimps or Scotch Locks!  You could if you prefer use a permanent ignition supply but I wanted then to illuminate with the side lights.

43 minutes ago, Dave748 said:

Same question to the above about the internal lights, my missues Beemer has these and I really like them, no idea if my F-Sport has them or not yet, pick it up tomorrow afternoon.  Also I'd really like them in blue to match the car colour.

Also I'd be interested in the puddle lights, anyone know the best place to get them from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-Welcome-Projector-Logo-Ghost-Shadow-Car-Door-light-lamp-LEXUS-/291367070310?hash=item43d6d4aa66

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capese21 said:

Lexus dont include ambient lighting so I added it. There is small blank panel in the front of the interior light switch console. I removed it and fitted two small 3mm 12v red Led`s wired into the side light circuit. I kept the leds flush so they are not distracting and hardly noticeable. The red glow is very subtle but look great imho.

in the CT there are red & blue leds in the front light panel they light the cup holder area

when in eco / normal the blue LED lights up & in sport mode the red LED lights up

i thought the IS would have this also.

2 hours ago, capese21 said:

Hmmm, I'm thinking something similar but easier to install and with a manual control element so I don't have to have them on all the time when the side lights are on.  Maybe include into the circuit, also attached to the small panel a discrete 12V switch (matching the colour of the panel) and take the electrical feed from the internal lights right next to them.  That way I can have them on and off as I chose regardless of the side lights and without having to run a long wire along the loom.  

2 hours ago, capese21 said:

Will these fit the IS300h, the description says only IS model 2006 - 2013 so I'm guessing not and I can't find any that specifically state that they will fit. 

19 minutes ago, Dave748 said:

Will these fit the IS300h, the description says only IS model 2006 - 2013 so I'm guessing not and I can't find any that specifically state that they will fit. 

They are the the ones I fitted to my IS300 Fsport. Unless they have changed them, I bought mine a year ago although they look the same. Lots of parts are common across many Toyoata & Lexus models often with different part numbers.

Ed

Hmmm, I'm thinking something similar but easier to install and with a manual control element so I don't have to have them on all the time when the side lights are on.  Maybe include into the circuit, also attached to the small panel a discrete 12V switch (matching the colour of the panel) and take the electrical feed from the internal lights right next to them.  That way I can have them on and off as I chose regardless of the side lights and without having to run a long wire

The point of ambient lighting is it is on all the time same as all the dashboard / switch illumination. It is very subtle but just makes the gear stick area glow slightly like in my colleagues Audi which is where I stole the idea from once I realised the Lexus doesn't have it.

1 hour ago, capese21 said:

The point of ambient lighting is it is on all the time same as all the dashboard / switch illumination. It is very subtle but just makes the gear stick area glow slightly like in my colleagues Audi which is where I stole the idea from once I realised the Lexus doesn't have it.

I get that, I just like the idea that if I wanted to I could turn it off too, say on a long haul drive up the motorway at night and there was no need for it to be on.  Also if I wanted to I could leave it on all the time, I'm not bound by the side lights.  Also blue maybe a little brighter than red so I may not want it to be on all the time.  I'll probably order the puddle lights, for £20 I can always send them back if they don't fit, I'll let you know how it goes.

in the CT the red & blue lights cant be seen shinning down ,but where they touch

the interior trim the trim is illuminated ,just subtle lighting nothing in your face.

46 minutes ago, Dave748 said:

I get that, I just like the idea that if I wanted to I could turn it off too, say on a long haul drive up the motorway at night and there was no need for it to be on.  Also if I wanted to I could leave it on all the time, I'm not bound by the side lights.  Also blue maybe a little brighter than red so I may not want it to be on all the time.  I'll probably order the puddle lights, for £20 I can always send them back if they don't fit, I'll let you know how it goes.

I think red light is used to as it doesn't affect your night vision.

So, picked up the car today and drove it the 3 and a half hours home, love it.  I was picked up from the train station by a taxi and was looking for it on the way into the dealers but couldn't see it as it was around the back.  When the sales guy took me out to have a look at it I'd forgot just how good they look, I was shocked that, that was now my car.  Obviously it had been valeted so it looked like new but a stunning looking car.  After all the paper work etc. I sat for ages playing with the Nav, the premium Nav is so much better than the Lexus Nav and the tactile feedback is so cool the way it works.  Linked up my phone, all worked perfectly, sent myself some dirty messages just so I could listen to the woman read them out, awesome, and then drove home.

Cleared out some more space in the garage next to the trailer, had a fridge at the back of the garage but thought I'd still get in easy, only just managed to get it in with about 2" front and back with the door closed.  Couldn't believe how big it was, I used to have an estate that went in the same spot with a good foot front and back.  Probably wont drive it again now for about 2 weeks, going to use the courtesy car while I paint the callipers and give them the proper time to dry then I'm away for a week.  O and I'm going to put the puddle lights in if they fit.  As it's so new I'm a bit nervous about doing the LED down light thing, don't want to damage anything and make a mess of it, and also will get the windows tinted and that's about it, good to go.  Shame it absolutely ****** it down all the way home, didn't really get a chance to try out a few things.  

The rain was torrential with some pretty deep puddles in places, I noticed there was a guy on here saying that his car pulled off and veered around in the water, I didn't notice anything like that, it was solid and I went through some pretty deep puddles pretty fast, not on purpose but it was fine all the same.  And the sound system is amazing, I only have the standard but still sounds so good.

Congrats and I saw one today in your colour and it does indeed look really good. Look forward to a further review in a few weeks.

Oh, and don't forget the pics [emoji3]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links