Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ISF £7000?????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-F-PETROL-AUTOMATIC-2008-N-/291658181201?hash=item43e82eaa51:g:JboAAOSwFqJWlLXu

This has over 100,000 on the clock and still worth £16,000 so why would some one sell a 70,000 miles one for less than £10,000,  That IS-F in your post has no information about service history less photos and generally not a good advert. that is a lemon.

26 minutes ago, LEX_ZED said:

Just checked the sellers address on google maps, street view......interesting, and not exactly encouraging.

Don't think I'd be paying 16 grand for a 100,000 miler either, to be honest.

yes £16,000 for 100 miler is a tad bit too much but considering the reliability of Lexus engines in general one can put another 100 miler on it with no fuss and being a big lump V8 its less stressed anyway. considering a new ford fiesta ST cost around £17,000 it makes £16 grand for 420bhp V8 a bargain even with 100 miler ok it might have lost a few ponies over the years but still a powerful car all the same.

• Like 1

That advert seems like a scam one but made using the photos from the original ad. I've seen it done before with other cars.

The car itself is indeed the ex police one, it has been up for sale for a long time now. The most recent eBay auction for it saw it reach £14,100 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS-F-Auto-White-2008-58-4-2-V8-Hpi-Clear-/172079812026

• Like 1

I think it's the Humberside police criminal chaser that's been on and off "For Sale" for quite a while.

Very suspicious,

Ex police car, no thank you. Full of Maccy Dee's and Magnum boot prints all over the dash :lol:

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Just checked the sellers address on google maps, street view......interesting, and not exactly encouraging.

Don't think I'd be paying 16 grand for a 100,000 miler either, to be honest.

Just checked too. Bet he lives in one of those caravans !

I tried but there is no option for "its a scam". basically eBay don't care unless you are trying to avoid their fees or its actual an illegal item.

Anyone with an ounce of sense will realise its a scam.

I dont think its a scam.. i have seen that car in birmingham a few times now, i actually spoke to someone who knew the owner of that car (after he saw mine), i told him its a very car and its not going to sell that easy being a ex police car, he didnt believe me till i googled it. He also told me the trader who has it now paid 11k for it..I know he fed this back to the owner.

So i think they just taking a massive loss.

In regards to the london location and pictures from birmingham.. his really balls'd up there lol

I might call him and offer 5k haha

Given its history its still worth well north of 10K. The car was in brum/Walsall when last advertised with these exact pictures. The seller joined eBay on the 12th February 2016 and has zero feedback. coupled with the daft price, there's enough red flags for me.

By all means carry on, but I bet he'll want payment by bank transfer when you agree a deal.

Off course I could be wrong and be too suspicious in my old age! :unsure:

I'm certain it's a scam. I've seen it plenty of times before. The scammer takes the pictures from an existing ad and either uses a fake account or a hacked/compromised account to list the car. 

Ive spoken to the trader who has it atm and he is someone i know (thro a friend of a friend) so the car is there, his happy to take cash too.. i said i will come and see him next weekend. I will give you guys a full d-low after i see it... probably got bullet holes in it lol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Dealer/trader helpful but there was a big gap in the service history from memory.

thanks for response . I asked the dealer for the history over the weekend and have not yet had a response . Seems strange when it mentions 9 services and on 87k. Might be a few too close together . Will wait and see if he replies. Cheers 

9 hours ago, dandydons said:

thanks for response . I asked the dealer for the history over the weekend and have not yet had a response . Seems strange when it mentions 9 services and on 87k. Might be a few too close together . Will wait and see if he replies. Cheers 

That's it, remember now, it had missed the last service so lexus did 2 services in one. Some might be OK with that but I wasn't keen.

On 22 February 2016 at 0:28 AM, Ace8800 said:

Ive spoken to the trader who has it atm and he is someone i know (thro a friend of a friend) so the car is there, his happy to take cash too.. i said i will come and see him next weekend. I will give you guys a full d-low after i see it... probably got bullet holes in it lol.

Hi. Not the best intro to the forum but - have picked up the thread part way through, are you referring to the ex police car?? I was the purchaser from eBay for my sins, and I have the car. The 7 k advert was a scam, I purchased and collected a week or so before this advert appeared. Reported to eBay. And it was removed. How do people expect to sell a car they don't have?? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr p said:

Hi. Not the best intro to the forum but - have picked up the thread part way through, are you referring to the ex police car?? I was the purchaser from eBay for my sins, and I have the car. The 7 k advert was a scam, I purchased and collected a week or so before this advert appeared. Reported to eBay. And it was removed. How do people expect to sell a car they don't have?? 

Just read back through the post, reads a a bit negative. Delighted to own an isf which I have been pondering for years. They are amazing cars. Have taken on a little project with this isf. Needs a little bit of love and tidying up. Will all be worth it in the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr p said:

Just read back through the post, reads a a bit negative. Delighted to own an isf which I have been pondering for years. They are amazing cars. Have taken on a little project with this isf. Needs a little bit of love and tidying up. Will all be worth it in the end. 

Good luck to u, hope u enjoy the car, I'm sure the car will be enjoyed, having a few friends in the force, they are serviced often, and at the end of the day we don't have the roads for permanent abuse, and they're built to last, I'm sure u got it for a good price too, enjoy your new purchase 👍

1 hour ago, Mr p said:

Welcome to the forum. I for one am glad that the ex fuzz ISF has gone to a good home. At the end of the day given Lexus reliability the car should be fine for double the mileage and then some. I figured the 7k ad was a scam, the scammers use pictures from genuine ads and try the usual "I'm out of the country, wire a deposit or payment" line to make a quick buck.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links