Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

your either very brave or the missus is going soft on you lol!

i remember when i bought my 430 - I did not sleep a wink - my heart was racing all night - come morning i was there half an hour before the garage opened!

and even now 3 years on - i look every day  - why? i dont know !

what do you intend to do with yours? your trying to sell the white one right?

I bought mine purely on the t'bay images and a few discussions with the seller.  He wanted £1000 and as I said I'd have it   trailered down South for £200 rather than travelling to fetch, he took that off the price .

It had an MOT but boy have I spent some money on it since. About three times what I paid for it. Mainly service items but ouch can they hurt. Also I've had no end of sleepless nights since I bought it. 

Running nice now and although up to five minutes ago I decided that having had the autobox filter replaced I'd leave having the  pipes to the Rad replaced, as they could take some levering to remove with consequences, I've just bought a   Nissens "made in Denmark"  Rad for £35 + £10 delivery on t'bay.

Not going to be in a hurry to have it fitted as yet to be billed for quite a lot of work. Must be £800 labour and going back to June last year.  I think my Mechanic must have a soft spot for me!!  

Good luck with your purchase and hoping its up to your expectations.

ps My ' 96 W140 S Class I sold to take a chance on the Lexus is alas no longer on the road or Sorned so ................

Indeed i did the same with my LS400,a few years ago from eBay,crap little pics but guy sounded genuine,anyway got on the train to barnstable,called him 5 mins before arrival at the station,i got of and waited outside,i was very pleasantly surprised when she came around the corner in all her splendor,i still believe the mk3 has the most Road presence of all the 400s :smile:

Stuart, I've not had one sleepless night since owning my Mk 4. In fact I've never enjoyed owning a car so much as this Lexus. Yes, I've replaced a few things to keep it running nicely and they weren't always cheap either, but every car needs some TLC now and then. Enjoy your LS while you can I say. Many modern cars you ride in nowadays shake your fillings out and have more problems after 5 years than my LS has had in 15.  For me the LS is easily the best car by far, in every way.

• Like 1

My first LS was bought based on photos.  Had it delivered from Oxford, never spent a bean on it in (apart from service, tyres etc) the 3+ years I had it, and got me hooked.

It was not the best example of an LS, but it did the job.

So best of luck and let us know how it goes.

12 hours ago, Titch LS said:

Stuart, I've not had one sleepless night since owning my Mk 4. In fact I've never enjoyed owning a car so much as this Lexus. Yes, I've replaced a few things to keep it running nicely and they weren't always cheap either, but every car needs some TLC now and then. Enjoy your LS while you can I say. Many modern cars you ride in nowadays shake your fillings out and have more problems after 5 years than my LS has had in 15.  For me the LS is easily the best car by far, in every way.

My neighbour owns a 2007 Passat Estate 2.0 petrol. Leather, the works. He took me out in yesterday and I could not believe how rough it felt compared to my LS 400. He has it regularly serviced at VW and bought it new. He drives sedately and garages it every night but I would not do him a straight swap.

David,

I have a mate with a BMW X1 (sorry for swearing on the forum) and it's 1 year  old, and I am pretty certain I would prefer a 10 year old IS200 to having such a crash-bang car (the roads in Stroud area are shocking) and compared to my 15 year old LS it was like being in a hay wain.

Sure it has more electronics than my LS, but all I need is a radio and heated seats.

Well I'm sitting outside his house waiting for the owner. It's looks pretty rough. 4 flat tyres on dhp wheels. Broken wing mirror glass. A fair few dings. It's done 170 k. Owners has it 12 years.  Not been used for over a year. He said on the phone he'll take 600 for it. What yous think.  I dont know if I can be bothered 

51 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I smell a money pit. 

I wondered what that smell was, hopefully the money pit has stayed where it belongs.  I went to see an LS400 just 15 miles from me some weeks back, advertised in great condition, what a wreck it was!

I still can't get over the fact that I drive a car older than many that have been scrapped (especially 430s).  Sometimes this makes me think the car must be into injury time.  But then I suppose you could say this about any car that's ten or more years old.

4 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I smell a money pit. 

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

I still can't get over the fact that I drive a car older than many that have been scrapped (especially 430s).  Sometimes this makes me think the car must be into injury time.  But then I suppose you could say this about any car that's ten or more years old.

I certainly wouldn't worry  about the age of yours.  I was curious so I checked online again and found that the 93 MK2 I had has just passed another MOT without an advisory!

Or maybe that's why they get neglected?  Owners assume they'll keep running without maintenance - which they do for a while.  Some people just don't look after their cars, period.  I see a lot of nearly new ones that are scratched all over and/or never cleaned.  It seems a shame, but I suppose we all care about different things.  To some people a car is just a means of getting from A to B.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Or maybe that's why they get neglected?  Owners assume they'll keep running without maintenance - which they do for a while.  Some people just don't look after their cars, period.  I see a lot of nearly new ones that are scratched all over and/or never cleaned.  It seems a shame, but I suppose we all care about different things.  To some people a car is just a means of getting from A to B.

agree with that - its a car that does get neglected sometime due to the fact they are very reliable and owners not seeing thee need for proper maintenance - mine is serviced every year on the dot

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links