Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had this come up on the dash. This may be a daft question but could this be a reason my air con isn't that cold. Also other than lexus where's a good place to get one 

I assume this is the cabin filter? It would have to be in a very blocked state to affect the cooling of the AC. Just remove it, give it a brush off and put it back to see if that makes a difference. The active filter needs to be changed every year or two otherwise the carbon will be saturated and will no longer remove smells.

Consider the following as a third party alternative:

http://www.pollenfilter.co.uk/display_filter.php?id=298&part=M2209

• Like 1

Yes, pollen filter, cabin filter, take your pick.

And I agree with the others, unlikely to be the cause of your problem.

Well worth changing though, I got my last one from Toyota dealer.

Get it regassed and it should work, and also did i read right, you paid £22 for a pollen filter? They cost £17 at Lexus Main dealer and £5 at rockauto and thats Denso 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2016 at 8:39 PM, ColinBarber said:

The cheap filters may not have carbon in them so don't remove odours.

Hi Colin

I think that's the case with the cheap one I just bought from ECP for an LS400. 

Looking on eBay though, I spotted a blueprint carbon, for between £10 and £11 with free delivery. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, messi said:

Get it regassed and it should work, and also did i read right, you paid £22 for a pollen filter? They cost £17 at Lexus Main dealer and £5 at rockauto and thats Denso 

Just looked up Rockauto and as usual USA prices are amazing even with postage. Anyone successfully used them? Some parts say 'for USA cars' but I assume that spark plugs, wiper blades etc are common.

When they say 'for US models in effect' does that really make a difference as all Lexus Ls cars were really made fro the US  economy anyway. What, with a US sticker on it, would not fit a UK car?

I've bought lower arms, air filter, sparkplugs, o2 sensors from them for my old ls400 and they were a prefect fit, I don't think it matters if it's left or right hand drive.

27 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

My Denso from Rock cost $46 so not cheap.  Only parts you need worry about not fitting are pipework, I imagine.

Not cheap? I paid £37 for Denso sparkplugs for rockauto  that lexus dealers quoted me at £75 for, I paid £30ish for lower arms from rockauto that lexus dealers quoted me £52 for.

12 hours ago, messi said:

Not cheap? I paid £37 for Denso sparkplugs for rockauto  that lexus dealers quoted me at £75 for, I paid £30ish for lower arms from rockauto that lexus dealers quoted me £52 for.

Not cheap in relation to prices paid as quoted on this thread.  The older LS has a double Pollen filter so bound to be a bit more expensive. I wouldn't even consider asking Lexus for their price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links