Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S w a n k y Hotel In London?

Craig W

Hello, can anyone recommend any plush hotels in London?

My girlfriend wants to stay in one for our 2 year anniversary (Sat 21st Feb), but me being me, ive left it to the last minute as it's only a couple of weeks away.

I cant see booking being a problem though, as it's the week after Valentines day so should be pretty quiet?

I've been to London only a few times before, so have no idea as to which part would be best to goto (west end, east end etc?).

Ive heard of a couple which are nice (and expensive lol), but they boast having gyms and lots of facilities etc, which isn't really an interst to me as i'll only be there for the night... so basically i'm looking for a nice plush hotel, with a nice plush room.

I enjoy a nice steak so any good places where i could get a good lump of steak would be appreciated too :D

Many thanks people B)

The Churchill just of Oxford Street (West End) is a lovely hotel and the silver service breakfast (room service) makes you want to stay another night all for the very reasonable price (not) of £120 plus parking. So its in a great location for shops bars and restaurants. My wife took me there for my 30th Birthday and I love in London and we really enjoyed it. I hope this is of some use to you.

:P

I've stayed in a few nice places, Craig.

Thistle Marble Arch is ok (at one end of Oxford Street),

Thistle at Horseguards looks out over the Thames directly opposite The London Eye, although not much else nearby.

Recently stayed at The Grosvenor House in Park Lane (the hotel that footballers ALLEGEDLY raped a girl). Hyde Park opposite, full gym and spa included, Hard Rock Cafe 2 mins away for a great steak. We got a night for LESS than £100!

The best hotel I ever stayed in in London was a guest house in Hounslow.

Ashdowne Guest House

9 Pownall Gardens, Hounslow, Middlesex TW3 1YW

0181 5720008

Proprietor is Peter Horne and his wife; very friendly couple. As I said to Peter, I've been in worse four star hotels. A family run business. Very quaint. Bathrooms are very up market and absolutely spotless on a daily basis. The trouble is it's always booked solid.

This site tells you all about hotels and I think it's a life saver:

http://www.smoothound.co.uk/

I've been in Hotels in London where I didn't stay longer than five minutes. Others I've left early in the morning not risking the breakfast and just driven around until it was time to go to work.

lastminute.com is sometimes good if you fancy a s****y hotel at non-s****y prices, especially if you are booking at the last minute and the hotel has plenty of empty rooms to fill. (other similar sites are also available).

Been to some nice ones through work and the best ones have been:

The Sherlock Holmes Hotel, Baker Street

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...on_England.html

The Gainsborough, South Kensington

http://www.gainsborough-hotel.com/

The Royal Lancaster, W2 - not far from Marble Arch

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...on_England.html

I liked the Sherlock Holmes, quite contemporary and really nice food.

Depends what you mean by plush - if you mean old style with loads of antiques and 17 different floral patterns in the bedroom alone then go for the likes of Claridges.

If you want ultra trendy then the best I know of is the Sanderson Hotel on Berners Street - part of the Ian Schrager group. If you dont stay there, you must go for a drink - cool music & euro chic

The chain I use in the UK is Mal Maison, they have just opened one in London but I think it is based near the city so your not in the middle of the west end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links