Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my little door squidge and total depreciation figure

Gentlemen

HOWZAT  for minimal depreciation

you may remember i reported an errant whack on my offside rear door some 3 months back

well, the car's going in a couple of weeks time to have the dent pushed out ( no paint damage I'm told ) and will be left with two slight door creases where the metal has stretched a little

Saga my insurers are ok with this subject to a fresh MOT, and the current insurance will continue with no premium adjustment. I have been driving the car quite ok all this time thankfully

NOW, the agreed write-down ( off ? ) value is £1595 with the 225k miles and it will be as a " N " marked for future insurance purposes

I get £815 cheque from my insurers, being £1595 less my excess of £350 less 27% re-purchase cost to me of £ 430

she cost me £1400   8 yrs 5 mths ago and at 123k miles            ( so £585  depreciation down to zero value )

and apart from the usual maintenance costs etc over the last 100k miles and the fantastic wonderful motoring of that 100k miles ...................... 

I have suffered an amazing amount of catastrophic depreciation of ............................. 19 pence per day ................. to fully write-down her value to zero in my books

HOWZAT  ......  and I'm still happily driving one of the best cars on this planet :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Gentlemen

HOWZAT  for minimal depreciation

you may remember i reported an errant whack on my offside rear door some 3 months back

well, the car's going in a couple of weeks time to have the dent pushed out ( no paint damage I'm told ) and will be left with two slight door creases where the metal has stretched a little

Saga my insurers are ok with this subject to a fresh MOT, and the current insurance will continue with no premium adjustment. I have been driving the car quite ok all this time thankfully

NOW, the agreed write-down ( off ? ) value is £1595 with the 225k miles and it will be as a " N " marked for future insurance purposes

I get £815 cheque from my insurers, being £1595 less my excess of £350 less 27% re-purchase cost to me of £ 430

she cost me £1400   8 yrs 5 mths ago and at 123k miles            ( so £585  depreciation down to zero value )

and apart from the usual maintenance costs etc over the last 100k miles and the fantastic wonderful motoring of that 100k miles ...................... 

I have suffered an amazing amount of catastrophic depreciation of ............................. 19 pence per day ................. to fully write-down her value to zero in my books

HOWZAT  ......  and I'm still happily driving one of the best cars on this planet :yahoo:

Malc

Good on you old buddy.

Most of have known for some time that E=MC2, it has just taken you a little longer to find out!

Seriously, good news indeed.

Brilliant value these cars. I paid £3000 for my 2000 nearly 5 years ago and after both my offside doors were damaged in our accident at the end of September the 3rd party insurer offered me £2050 as it's also a cat N write off but non structural. I paid £300 to keep the car so that was £1750 in the bank, bought 2 excellent doors from Paul Frost for £200, one of which is the matching Canterbury blue, the other silver. So, all I have to do now is have the silver one painted. Because I bought the 2005 model for £2995 after the accident I'll be selling the 2000 on and I reckon I'll be pretty close to my original purchase price which also means it's paid for the newer car!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links