Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laughed at my Lexus dealer today.

stormchaser

On 10/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, royoftherovers said:

Thanks for the report Martin. It is part of the Listers Group, I understand.

I live in North Wales but my wife wanted to buy a CT Sport Plus (because of the sunroof!) to replace her 2013 CT and we recently travelled all the way to Cheltenham to view/test drive one in the required colour (Red).

I have to say that the dealership were exceptionally friendly, professional & accommodating and were prepared to negotiate on price. We bought the car and they subsequently agreed to drive it halfway to North Wales so that we wouldn't have to make another long journey to collect it. Vehicle preparation was truly outstanding - it was 3 years old but appearance was virtually as good as new.

Our local dealer is Chester and other than a couple of issues, rapidly accepted and corrected, they have been unfailingly attentive and knowledgable over a period of nearly 15 years. Genuine people who make you feel part of the family.

So there are still Lexus dealers with high standards as well as those who don't live up to the reputation. Before turning to Lexus we used to buy Honda cars and were never less than impressed by their dealer service, however my first visit to a BMW dealership turned out to be my last. I saw attractive, impressive but sparsely equipped cars and I was ready to buy, but the appallingly arrogant take-it-or-leave-it attitude ( we are doing you a favour selling you a car) convinced me never to go back again. So glad I found Lexus!

I can also recommend Lexus hedge end. Used them for years before I moved north. Currently use Lexus Lincoln. Would be great to have a dealer page on here so we can see the best and worst. I live equidistant between Lincoln and hull so could choose either. Maybe if we name and shame the dodgy ones they may pull their socks up! Would also be good for those that are good to receive some praise. 

10 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I can also recommend Lexus hedge end. Used them for years before I moved north. Currently use Lexus Lincoln. Would be great to have a dealer page on here so we can see the best and worst. I live equidistant between Lincoln and hull so could choose either. Maybe if we name and shame the dodgy ones they may pull their socks up! Would also be good for those that are good to receive some praise. 

Hi Alan,

You may or may not be aware that for some time now I have been encouraging Members to comment upon the Service provided by their Lexus Dealerships. The purpose was not to say which is best or which is worst.It was to provide a flavour of Lexus Service overall.

We have identified more than 48 Dealerships administered by at least 21 Franchises (Groups).

Hedge End is part of the Snows Group along with Exeter and Plymouth.I have noticed very little ( IF ANY) adverse comments about these Dealerships. Lincoln is part of the Listers Group along with Cheltenham and Coventry and there have been pluses and minuses for this Group.

Hull is part of the John Roe Group and appears to be the only Lexus Dealership in that Group. I have noticed only good remarks about Hull.

I have advocated that Members should report on those occasions when good or not so good performances have been received from their Dealerships. I have asked that the Dealership should be named but that names should not be ascribed to individuals in instances of poor customer service.Any concerns should be taken up by the Member with the appropriate Dealership.

It is not intended, nor is it possible and nor would it be fair,  for many reasons to draw up a table  ranking each Dealership.

I also have drawn up a list of those Dealerships and Indies which Members have suggested might be considered for future use,on the basis of what level of satisfaction they received on the last occasion of their visit.The list is not official and I pass it to those requesting to know if there is an Indie near to them.Organisations listed are not being recommended for use but simply to make Members aware of their location.

It is extremely important that Members and Lexus owners generally are aware of Lexus Essential Service facilities which offers low cost maintenance which can competitive with local Indies.Full details are on the Lexus website.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi Alan,

You may or may not be aware that for some time now I have been encouraging Members to comment upon the Service provided by their Lexus Dealerships. The purpose was not to say which is best or which is worst.It was to provide a flavour of Lexus Service overall.

We have identified more than 48 Dealerships administered by at least 21 Franchises (Groups).

Hedge End is part of the Snows Group along with Exeter and Plymouth.I have noticed very little ( IF ANY) adverse comments about these Dealerships. Lincoln is part of the Listers Group along with Cheltenham and Coventry and there have been pluses and minuses for this Group.

Hull is part of the John Roe Group and appears to be the only Lexus Dealership in that Group. I have noticed only good remarks about Hull.

I have advocated that Members should report on those occasions when good or not so good performances have been received from their Dealerships. I have asked that the Dealership should be named but that names should not be ascribed to individuals in instances of poor customer service.Any concerns should be taken up by the Member with the appropriate Dealership.

It is not intended, nor is it possible and nor would it be fair,  for many reasons to draw up a table  ranking each Dealership.

I also have drawn up a list of those Dealerships and Indies which Members have suggested might be considered for future use,on the basis of what level of satisfaction they received on the last occasion of their visit.The list is not official and I pass it to those requesting to know if there is an Indie near to them.Organisations listed are not being recommended for use but simply to make Members aware of their location.

It is extremely important that Members and Lexus owners generally are aware of Lexus Essential Service facilities which offers low cost maintenance which can competitive with local Indies.Full details are on the Lexus website.

Our Ct200h is looked after by Lexus Birmingham (Fort Dunlop) part of the Steven Eagell Groupe. They have been very good over the time they have been doing the necessary work on our car. Always ready to go the extra yard for me if required, an independent survey gives them 9.2 out of 10 which seems a fair number'

I have the Vantage 3 service plan that is well priced compared to the individual service price costing.

It is more expensive than the Essential Service option offered for cars 5 years old or more but offers a more extensive service option. Although our CT is a very low mileage car, I find the Vantage plan has been worthwhile as it offers 10% discount on items not included in the service plan, So far I have saved !0% on supply and fit of new Accessory Battery, 2X Yokohama tyres, Catlock, and rear pads and discs probably a saving well in excess of £100. 

Be aware though I always point the 10% saving out when booking the car in for additional work so as to prevent any confusion, it is on both labour and parts IIRC. 👍

• Like 1

I also use Lexus Birmingham (formally Vantage group and now as Poundy said part of Steven Eagell group). Had my Ct200h 1.8 Executive second hand since July 2019 on a 66 plate. Have a service plan covering 4 yrs for service and MOT for just under £30 a month. Really helpful staff in every department. Always made to feel welcome. Feel reassured when have any questions. 

1 hour ago, Sled Driver said:

I also use Lexus Birmingham (formally Vantage group and now as Poundy said part of Steven Eagell group). Had my Ct200h 1.8 Executive second hand since July 2019 on a 66 plate. Have a service plan covering 4 yrs for service and MOT for just under £30 a month. Really helpful staff in every department. Always made to feel welcome. Feel reassured when have any questions. 

Thanks Kish. 2 pluses in 2 days for Lexus Birmingham.

My overall rating of Lexus Edinburgh (Eastern Western Group) is nothing short of outstanding. From my first visit to the showroom for a 24 hour test drive in late 2017 through to purchase of a new NX in April 2018 and subsequent visits for servicing their customer care has been exemplary. Would not hesitate to recommend them. 

38 minutes ago, Ken R said:

My overall rating of Lexus Edinburgh (Eastern Western Group) is nothing short of outstanding. From my first visit to the showroom for a 24 hour test drive in late 2017 through to purchase of a new NX in April 2018 and subsequent visits for servicing their customer care has been exemplary. Would not hesitate to recommend them. 

Thanks Ken.Good news for Members who live within driving distance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links