Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Warranty - 2 for 1 ending nationally?

I received an e-marketing mail from my Lexus Dealer this morning, trying to encourage me* to take out a Lexus Warranty before the end of the year, because the "2 Years for the price of 1" offer was ending in December.

Has anyone else received anything similar from their Dealerships, or may it just be Sheffield (unlikely as that may be)

OR

Is it just some marketing puff to try and get some finances into their business after this difficult year

OR

Are Lexus knocking their 2 for 1 on the head?

(*I already have the warranty of course)

• Like 1

I was encouraged to when my RX was in for the fuel pump recall, even though my car is only 1 year old (this was after being asked how long I plan to keep my RX after the 3 year warranty expires - I replied 'for a few more years at least').

It could just be related to the annual price review/increase rather than an end to two year pricing. Warranty pricing is revised 1 Jan every year.

I'm not really sure how they can legally continue to call it a 2 for 1 offer, it has been that way for years. At what point does it cease being an offer and just becomes standard?

1 hour ago, WipeOut said:

According to this you've got a 5.4% chance of making a warranty claim in a year with an average cost £535.  I am going to take my chances and not have a warranty. 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8843877/We-reveal-reliable-used-SUVs.html

Do keep us all posted Nigel.

• Like 1

Yes I got several offers like that  considering my seat electrical motor just costed £4200 to fix... I am tempted to have it warranted + Lexus warranty is transferable, so potential advantage when selling privately. 

In my case they offering an extension, I am not aware that you could simply buy 2 years warrant for price of one by simply walking in. 

31 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Yes I got several offers like that  considering my seat electrical motor just costed £4200 to fix... I am tempted to have it warranted + Lexus warranty is transferable, so potential advantage when selling privately. 

In my case they offering an extension, I am not aware that you could simply buy 2 years warrant for price of one by simply walking in. 

Lexus Warranty is transferable subject to Terms and Conditions and a refund can be obtained for an unused portion of the Warranty if some left again subject to T&C, old pal.

2 hours ago, WipeOut said:

According to this you've got a 5.4% chance of making a warranty claim in a year with an average cost £535.  I am going to take my chances and not have a warranty. 

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8843877/We-reveal-reliable-used-SUVs.html

That may well be the case, I appreciate that all insurers will normally make a profit on their policies, (whether it's car, house, pet, health etc).

But logic suggests that the older a vehicle gets, the odds get higher.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Lexus Warranty is transferable subject to Terms and Conditions and a refund can be obtained for an unused portion of the Warranty if some left again subject to T&C, old pal.

Yes, but I think T&Cs are along the lines that car remains FLSH for warranty to be transferred and it could be refunded if you trade in for Lexus dealer and thus Lexus adverts always points this out as advantage. But yes you right - in summary Warranty transfer is subject to T&C. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

I have just rung the Warranty Company as I could not find details of the refund process.

If the extended warranty has not been claimed on, then a pro-rata refund of the remaining warranty can be claimed.

Great product.

I do hope that you are not still flying Biggles as the details you could not see were stated very clearly in paragraph 7.3 of the Extended Warranty Document, exactly where one would hope to find the details you could not find!

And furthemore, it is not a great product,it is simply the best product this side of the Andromeda Galaxy.

Best wishes from your former colleague Dan.  :):)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links