Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Possibly yes, or the mileage.

5 + owners as well although I guess at that age you buy on condition. There's also 'vehicle sold as seen' in the description, you don't usually see that in an advert unless its something on eBay. I get that you may well put it in the paperwork when selling privately but rarely in a £30k ad. 

Plus the issue of finance on a private sale, clearly dealers aren't interested (see below)  

1 hour ago, Pielight said:

They seem to be hanging about longer now. Perhaps prices are slowly beginning to normalise.

I've noticed this, with other marques some of the big online dealers seem to have become over saturated in certain segments. Things usually tend to pick up in late January but these are weird times. 

I've noticed this, with other marques some of the big online dealers seem to have become over saturated in certain segments. Things usually tend to pick up in late January but these are weird times. 

2 hours ago, ironrose said:

TBH, the ad could do with a bit more clearer and latest pictures. Half of them are from when the car was sold by Monza motorhouse sometime back. 

Its just a crap advert overall. 

The photography is sub-par even for a mobile phone standard. The imagery as you've said is old. 

I don't think the modifications really effect the sale of it tbh not the ones it has anyway. 

Its also being sold privately the only ones that have sold private have been sold back to dealers, and then relisted for 7k+ more. Lexus obviously wouldn't buy this though due to the modifications, and even when selling privately 30k+ region of cars are hard to shift, no PCP no protection no finance etc.  

60k Miles isnt huge for a car of 2016 origin, good MOT data and viewable no advisory to be concerned of.  When mine was up for sale at 35k with 41k miles I was getting private offers of no more than 25k, If I could of sold it on finance would of moved it with ease. 

Also I do hope the figure starts to flat line at some point, Ive said it before I would love to own another one but for the price they currently list at im buying an LC500 or an R35. 

I agree the mileage wouldn't put me off, not least with FLSH either. Reflected in the price too.

But might put off others who might be coming over from a German marque or not had a Lexus before.

I bought my RCF private for almost £30k. But only because it came with 22 months fresh Lexus extended warranty AND it was a fellow member here. IMO that made it as good as buying from a dealer as I could go straight there with any problems the very next day under warranty.

But, perhaps I am braver than most and already prepared to chop the RCF into a dealer when the time comes and any private sale is difficult.

Prices have cooled ever so slightly since last quarter, but new car availability is still terrible, if not essentially non-existent.

The ad was pants to start, the pics were taken using a potato. If it hasn't sold, surely have the foresight to change your game plan and update the ad? What springs to mind is that even dealers haven't snapped it up, so they either mega low balled or just aren't interested.

Mods shouldn't be a problem, think it sold with current mods once before and there was a god awful orange RC F up for sale, that had imo been a bit chavved up, but that sold - albeit I saw it up for sale again the other day.

If you had the cash available, now would be a super time to message them and say you've been watching it and now the price has dropped you'd be interested in coming to a deal and snake in for sub £30k... 😛

42 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

Price is a bit strong.  Mine is 2016, black paint with red leather and 22k miles and I doubt I'd get that for it.

The blue and the sunroof doesn't add that much of a premium.

Dealers add their margin (quite chunky), start at a higher price point and drop it if there are no takers. But the market currently has undone the depreciation curve and prices as they were in 2020. 

The dealer in question usually price their cars quite high (they're not that far from me). I've no idea if they have an in built margin for discount or if they a offer more than generous part ex thus reducing cost to change. They recently had a 2015 white RCF up for daft money but it's gone so perhaps it wasn't daft money in todays daft market. 

4 hours ago, ironrose said:

Never ceases to amaze me - *MEGA SPEC COMBINATION WHICH INCLUDES TVD, SUNROOF & RED LEATHER*... so TVD standard option and has the only two options sunroof and ML... aside exterior and interior colour choices.

BLOCK CAPITALS MEGA TURBO WONGA BUYTHISNOW TACTICS

Plus if this is the benchmark, mine is now worth £8k more than purchase price in 2018! Just need it to appreciate enough for that LFA purchase... 🤣

9 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Never ceases to amaze me - *MEGA SPEC COMBINATION WHICH INCLUDES TVD, SUNROOF & RED LEATHER*... so TVD standard option and has the only two options sunroof and ML... aside exterior and interior colour choices.

LOL

Yes, and I'm not sure there is a GS F out there without ML, so you might as well say that is standard too. Sunroof makes the car worse - heavier, weakens the structure, reduces headroom and will leak in years to come 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

LOL

Yes, and I'm not sure there is a GS F out there without ML, so you might as well say that is standard too. Sunroof makes the car worse - heavier, weakens the structure, reduces headroom and will leak in years to come 😉 

Had some sugar and got excited... 😆

That would be an interesting stat/ quest, find a non ML one!

Counter arguments below:

Heavier - I'm a skinny git so I offset that weight gain

Weakness - Makes for easy escape and I can check which way up I've landed if uncertain/ concussed

Headroom - Not tall enough to notice, BUT, get rid of perfect fitting, uber comfortable and functional drivers seat and whack in some eBay low boy just to prove a beanstalk can drive it with a helmet on

Leak - not if you never open it and 'No more nails' it to within an inch of its life OR have you not seen the ads for FLEX TAPE?!!!

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

BLOCK CAPITALS MEGA TURBO WONGA BUYTHISNOW TACTICS

Plus if this is the benchmark, mine is now worth £8k more than purchase price in 2018! Just need it to appreciate enough for that LFA purchase... 🤣

By the time GSF appreciates to today's LFA money, LFA will appreciate to 250 GTO money .. 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, speedfreek said:

Price is a bit strong.  Mine is 2016, black paint with red leather and 22k miles and I doubt I'd get that for it.

The blue and the sunroof doesn't add that much of a premium.

The LC 500h in structural blue. I saw that in flesh, it was something else really. For the GSF, my choices would be Sonic titanium, metallic black, mica red and the metallic white. 

Having said this I wouldn't mind a blue with a light interior.

Still hunting for GSF and LS460 Fsport.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

LOL

I have come across one. It’s white with a black interior. At the time I wanted a white GSF with a black interior and ML, so didn’t move on it. I can’t remember what year it was though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

LOL

The first press car that JC drove on grand tour didn't have ML.

I personally didn't have experience with Lexus sunroof, the one in F series BMWs are a pain in the backside, some genius designed the drain pipes to feed the electronic circuit board in the spare wheel well. 

52 minutes ago, ironrose said:

By the time GSF appreciates to today's LFA money, LFA will appreciate to 250 GTO money .. 😉

You take that back! Why ruin the dream... 😆

45 minutes ago, ironrose said:

structural blue

THE blue of all blues, seen in the flesh and agreed, it is something to behold

46 minutes ago, ironrose said:

metallic white

bit bias towards this, but the grey, which I think is Mercury grey is also pretty special

12 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

To be fair lexus sold a blue one for £44,500 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wonder if the finance residuals are stronger and making it a bit more appealing and negating some of the current high market prices? Should try get a dummy quote from a dealer.

It's definitely been dealers market for the last two years. Private sellers struggle to shift at this price levels 

This gs450h one below has been in the market since early November at £31990.. I don't know what the dealer had for breakfast, but upped the price to £34990 this morning. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111059255436?atmobcid=soc3

That (used to be) GSF money..

45 minutes ago, ironrose said:

It's definitely been dealers market for the last two years. Private sellers struggle to shift at this price levels 

This gs450h one below has been in the market since early November at £31990.. I don't know what the dealer had for breakfast, but upped the price to £34990 this morning. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202111059255436?atmobcid=soc3

That (used to be) GSF money..

Lexus dealers generally take the mick, classic example there. Perhaps we're seeing some movement as expected this time of year(a few RCF's have suddenly shifted in the last week), in my experience cost to change hasn't really changed over the last 24 months if you have something decent to chop in. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links