Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thought i should share this. Test drove a 2017 rcf today as finally there is one popped up on AT locally.

having owned the isf for over a year now, always wondered if upgrading it would be a wise decision in the long run.

probs not the best comparison but my f has coilover, exhaust and bushing.

Imo pros are

AVS: so ride is better, more well dampened. It is a better than my kwv3 set up but not by far.

Slightly more responsive in the lower rpm range

seats are more comfortable

faster ? On paper yes, street driving, Dunno i cant tell with the limited time i had it

cons imo

steering is too light and vague in comparison to the isf? It feels as light as my nx. My f is more weighted 

i aint tall, 5ft9 but the seat belt is so far back after i have adjusted the seating position that i actually had to give a good turn and reach for it. 

i genuinely feel cabin noise is quieter in my isf. Could be the tire in the rcf tiring.. but there was also rattle for such a new car from the rear seats. the brake being squeaky didnt help either but that is the dealers preparation

It needs an exhaust... too damn quiet stock. 

barry

DDDF73CC-DF74-407D-A4FE-372BCD4667C9.jpeg

• Like 1

I think the steering is a bit lighter on the RCF compared to the ISF I previously owned.. As for the seat belt position, there is a magnetic holder on the side of the seat so maybe it wasn't attached? No squeaks or rattles on my car and it's a 2015 model.

10 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

I think the steering is a bit lighter on the RCF compared to the ISF I previously owned.. As for the seat belt position, there is a magnetic holder on the side of the seat so maybe it wasn't attached? No squeaks or rattles on my car and it's a 2015 model.

The only time I get any rattles are either when the seat belt isn't tucked away properly or from my 'aftermarket' water bottle.. Mine's a 15 also.

On 4/19/2021 at 10:17 PM, Bluethunder said:

Interesting about the magnet, going to look for that tomorrow as I too find it difficult/inconvenient reaching for my belt.