Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I don’t think you will ever see an LS400 take part in the London to Brighton vintage rally and if it does happen I will hopefully

..................... be  taking part for heaven's sake, with your 1994 model :wink3:

Malc

You'll never take her on the Veteran Rally, because that is only for cars built before 1905.

You could enter a 1989 LS400 in the Classic Rally from 2029 onwards, as they just require the car to be over 40 years old, not that it's much of a challenge driving an LS from London to Brighton. 🤣
https://www.classicmotorevents.co.uk/classic-cars

• Like 3

2029.....just renewed my driving licence again for 10 years but will only last until 2029 when the 3 year renewal begins for me. Getting old ain’t no fun.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 8:14 PM, steve2006 said:

2029.....just renewed my driving license again for 10 years but will only last until 2029 when the 3 year renewal begins for me. Getting old ain’t no fun.

Tell me about it. Have to go into hospital this coming Tuesday to have a cataract sorted in my right eye and 2/3 weeks later if that goes ok to have the left eye done, then a month after that I have to go back in again to the renal wards to see if they can sort my kidneys out, but at least we still wake up in the morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluesman said:

but at least we still wake up in the morning

and it's only when you realise from some event in one's life that you might never have done again that you understand just what an amazing thing this world is........  even with all its trials and tribulations and Ls400 breakdowns too .......  and that's so rare thankfully

just awaken each morning and see that wonderful sky, be it bright and sunny, wet, grey and black ............  you do still wake up to actually enjoy it all:thumbsup:

Life's good, whatever ...............

Malc

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Malc said:

and it's only when you realise from some event in one's life that you might never have done again that you understand just what an amazing thing this world is........  even with all its trials and tribulations and Ls400 breakdowns too .......  and that's so rare thankfully

just awaken each morning and see that wonderful sky, be it bright and sunny, wet, grey and black ............  you do still wake up to actually enjoy it all:thumbsup:

Life's good, whatever ...............

Malc

Amen to that!  We've just had our first 'Seniors' golf morning, since the relaxation of rules here. First thing on the agenda was a 2 minute silence for the 6 guys we've lost to Covid.

Life is for living...........and enjoying your LS!

40 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

Amen to that!  We've just had our first 'Seniors' golf morning, since the relaxation of rules here. First thing on the agenda was a 2 minute silence for the 6 guys we've lost to Covid.

Life is for living...........and enjoying your LS!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life Brian!👍

• Like 1

I think there is an option on fleabay where the price is automatically reduced on a weekly basis until it reaches a set minimum amount.

In this case the minimum is probably £500.00 and from there a “Best Offer” will be considered.

I also noticed that the other showroom import with 12,500 miles now has a “reserved” strap on the picture at £10.995.

Just glad I bought mine when I did.

16 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

But I have been tempted to have a mint one for the collection...

Often tempted here too but never thought I would never use the car to be honest .....  so what's the point !

I remember Bangers & Cash people had a few BRAND NEW MGs in an auction and they actually fetched very little money .......  they needed fettling for sure BUT they were brand new, unused,  aged collectables

Then I thought, what's really the point in having a collectable that's never going to be used, coz that's the idea of it and in the end, someone has to just " get rid " too clear up your estate 

Maybe it's my age .................. just use the cars you have and enjoy to the fullest ....  the Ls400 is probably the best to have for all purposes ... fun too with knocking the socks off boy racers who think they're dealing with some old banger .........  that's actually going to show them a clean pair of heels tbh :wink3:

Malc

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Malc said:

Often tempted here too but never thought I would never use the car to be honest .....  so what's the point !

I remember Bangers & Cash people had a few BRAND NEW MGs in an auction and they actually fetched very little money .......  they needed fettling for sure BUT they were brand new, unused,  aged collectables

Then I thought, what's really the point in having a collectable that's never going to be used, coz that's the idea of it and in the end, someone has to just " get rid " too clear up your estate 

Maybe it's my age .................. just use the cars you have and enjoy to the fullest ....  the Ls400 is probably the best to have for all purposes ... fun too with knocking the socks off boy racers who think they're dealing with some old banger .........  that's actually going to show them a clean pair of heels tbh :wink3:

Malc

I realise a typed sentence doesn't give true depth in my actual meaning, by sayng I would love to have a mint one, I would... BUT still like to drive it, maybe not as a daily, but I don't do 'garage queen' cars, I am of the same opinion, cars must be driven.

I bought a low mileage 695 Biposto Record and trippled its mileage in my one year of ownership, the dealer didn't really know what to say when I went to get it serviced and asked for the current mileage!

I'd daily an LFA if I had the car and the money 😆

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 9:17 AM, cruisermark said:

Now listed as an auction with no reserve!

£4100 now with 5 days to go, it will get bid to £10K again and reappear 3 days later due to another (or even the same) flea bay waster.

• Like 2

I find the accompanying text very uninspiring and suspect that 15,000 is on a replacement engine. So it is not surprising that it might well be the only 15,000 mile recorded on a vehicle that has received an M.O.T.

Perhaps we shall see.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links