Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Calling all LS430 owners . . . .

Im on my second LS430 in 9 years and there is on niggle which both cars suffered from and I have never been abe to get to the bottom of it - it concernes the steering wheel!

When driving over bad road surface the steering tends to wonder all over the place - the imperfections in the road surface are feeding directly back to the steering! Also the car seems to follow the road camber so in effect with both symptoms put together I tend to find myself putting that extra effort to keep in the car straight especially when hitting a bad road spot. Is this normal for you guys out there?

In comparison when I drive my brothers BMW 520d which has done 130k the steering is lighter, smoother and has zero feedback and coupled with the brakes which have a better bite I find myself driving with more confidence withut having to worry about the car crashing on corners and potholes. 

Also my current dunlops on the front are wearing more on the outer edge - is this an alignment issue?

so lets have some feedback please . . . . is someone else in the same boat?? (non intended pun lol)

I’ve not had mine very long so can’t really provide a comparison, my 1994 model has always followed tramlines and both cars appear “sensitive” to poor road surfaces and potholes. Never felt out of control but a bit jittery.

Also bear in mind that most of the front suspension components have been replaced and fully aligned on the 2004 model so certainly nothing amiss there 

As for the tyre wear, yes I would have the alignment checked as I have never had uneven wear patterns on either car.

• Like 1

When I bought an LS430 a few years ago it was a beautiful example with complete main dealer history. I took it for a test drive and "felt" the small ruts through the steering wheel which surprised me.  It seems very common and the only conclusion I can come to is wear in the steering column joints.  I could be wrong but I know it's an issue with some Lexus CT's. 

Mine seems fine, but ever car seems to tramline these days to some extent as British roadbuilding is so poor. New roads seem to 'sink' in no time. Could be tyres? Are they the same and fairly newish?

1 minute ago, MLW said:

Mine seems fine, but ever car seems to tramline these days to some extent as British roadbuilding is so poor. New roads seem to 'sink' in no time. Could be tyres? Are they the same and fairly newish?

Tyres are matching Dunlop Sports - 75% warn - I seemed to have the same problem on my old one aswell.

Im just waiting a couple more months before I replace the tyres and then take it from there.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links