Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus 450h vs 450h f sport, which one is better and what are most common issues ?

Hi i am planning, getting, lexus 450h or , 450h f sport, which one is better and what are most common issues ?
i want to know which one is better same miles, same price, both lack ACC - adaptive cruise control,  i want to know these cars and this hybrid engine what are the most common issues with these cars since cars are out of warranty ?

It's still a 450h, just got a sports pack on it. Basically not a lot of difference between that and a SE-L.

Depends where you want your toys really I guess. 
Not sure if its the F-sport has the different tyre sizes which seem to be a lot more expensive, but I believe
the F-sport comes with the adaptive suspension features which I've been told make a significant difference 
to the feel when pushing the car.

19 hours ago, bladest said:

Hi i am planning, getting, lexus 450h or , 450h f sport, which one is better and what are most common issues ?
i want to know which one is better same miles, same price, both lack ACC - adaptive cruise control,  i want to know these cars and this hybrid engine what are the most common issues with these cars since cars are out of warranty ?

It would help to know whether you are considering a mk3 (2006-11) or mk4 model (2012-18) to advise you? 

bladest you will have to go and tests drive them both to see which one is for you,

the performace will be identical in both models so dont assume the F Sport is the

quicker car with it having a Sport label attached as its a level of trim,

if the car has AVS there will be a sport+ label on the selector dial.

personally i like the F Sport interior .

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 7:06 AM, 200h said:

personally i like the F Sport interior .

The interior of the facelift F sport may be different but the interior of the pre facelift mk4 cars is the same as the other trim levels.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:40 PM, bladest said:

which one is better and what are most common issues ?

I don't believe there are any common issues with the series IV GS450h. Certainly no common issues have been seen here.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, Chris111 said:

It would help to know whether you are considering a mk3 (2006-11) or mk4 model (2012-18) to advise you? 

F Sport was a grade introduced with the series IV GS so I'm assuming we are talking about a 2012+ vehicle.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:06 AM, 200h said:

the performace will be identical in both models so dont assume the F Sport is the quicker car

In a straight-line maybe, but the F Sport with modified and adaptive suspension, 4-wheel steering, variable gear steering and lower profile tyres is the quicker vehicle when pushed around corners.

1 hour ago, Chris111 said:

The interior of the facelift F sport may be different but the interior of the pre facelift mk4 cars is the same as the other trim levels.

The pre-facelift F Sport has different seats, steering wheel, aluminium trim inserts and aluminium pedals which all contribute to a more sporty interior look.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, Chris111 said:

As you haven't replied @bladest I am going to assume from your post that you are looking at a mk4 car. I only asked the above question as the mk3 cars had a 'Sport' trim which I have seen sellers incorrectly advertise as a F Sport.

In the UK the mk4 cars come in three trim levels, Luxury, F Sport and Premier (although these may not be the same in the rest of the world!). As Steven @Steven Lockey has said to you they are the same car just with a different amount of 'toys'. The engine, gearbox and hybrid system are identical in all trim levels.  The Luxury spec is the 'base' spec. The F Sport has extra equipment as standard plus AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) and a different body kit whilst the Premier had further standard equipment like ML. Also, whilst the F Sport and Premier cars has AVS the 450h F Sport additionally benefits from four wheel steering.

The link below is a for the UK launch of mk4gs which may interest you.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2012/02/all-new-lexus-gs-from-32995/

With regards to reliability, the mk4 car appears to be extremely reliable but some forum members have reported that they have had the shock absorbers replaced earlier than expected. My car has less than 44,000 on the clock and the rear shocks were replaced at less than 30k under warranty. Further, any parts that need replacing may not be cheap as there are very little aftermarket products available. As regards the hybrid Battery, I personally has not come across any articles or correspondence that would indicate there is a problem with these in the mk4 cars.

Which one is better? The only person who can answer that is you and as Mark @200h says you need to try a F Sport against the other models.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The pre-facelift F Sport has different seats, steering wheel, aluminium trim inserts and aluminium pedals which all contribute to a more sporty interior look.

I have a pre facelift F Sport Colin and I agree about aluminium trim inserts and pedals. However I don't agree that it has different seats. The passenger seat is the same as in the Luxury model and the drivers is the same as the one in the Premier model but without the ability for rear passengers to move it. Also, the steering wheel is the same design and shape as the other models except for a F Sport badge inserted into the base. Also, someone looking at a facelift F Sport would see an LFA type dash whereas the pre facelift cars have the same dash as the other trims.

29 minutes ago, Initial P said:

Doesn't the F Sport vs Luxury drivers seat have more adjustment too?

Yes the F Sport seats are 16 way with 4 way lumbar and the Lux 10 way with 2 way lumbar . Not as good as the 18 way Premier seats with calf support and butterfly headrest but definitely different to the Luxury. Different leather covering too.

17 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Also, the steering wheel is the same design and shape as the other models except for a F Sport badge inserted into the base.

The F Sport wheel has a perforated leather wrap in addition to the little badge.

Colin

Forgive my ignorance but what are butterfly headrests mine is the premier mk4 and the headrests cant be adjusted they adjust with top part of seat

Robert

Mark

Well" i  will go to bottom of my stairs" i didnt know that just went out and checked mine and lo and behold they do not too sure of their use but  very cool idea

Thank you so much Mark this is my second mk4  premier and never found that out on the older one

Robert

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KayCee said:

Mark

Well" i  will go to bottom of my stairs" i didnt know that just went out and checked mine and lo and behold they do not too sure of their use but  very cool idea

Thank you so much Mark this is my second mk4  premier and never found that out on the older one

Robert

once the wings are set to your head they will minimise to amount

of side to side head movement in the case you where involved in a side impact accident.

I believe certain 'toys' (in particular ACC) became standard on the Premier spec. after the 2016 face-lift. ACC was a very expensive option (£4K+) on the 2012-2015 range, so you're not likely to find it on cars of that period.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stox said:

I believe certain 'toys' (in particular ACC) became standard on the Premier spec. after the 2016 face-lift. ACC was a very expensive option (£4K+) on the 2012-2015 range, so you're not likely to find it on cars of that period.

You are correct. ACC was only an option on the pre-facelift 450h Premier model but became standard on the 450h Premier and F Sport face-lift cars. Luxury trim was dropped for the 450h face-lift models.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, stox said:

Actually I find that odd how versions varies across regions - in my Jap version have ACC with radar and that works great (but I still have some trust issues and sometimes hold my leg above brake pedal) - I wish it would have line assist too so I could enjoy these few clearly marked roads in Ireland 😄

At the same time Cruise control is capped on 115 km/h - either with radar or without - not sure if that was the thing in UK version.

From Wikipedia:

Statutory speed limit in Japan defaults to 100 km/h (62 mph) for divided national expressways and 60 km/h (37 mph) for any other roads, unless otherwise posted. The highest speed limit in Japan is 120 km/h (75 mph) on some sections of Shin-Tōmei Expressway (E1A) and Tōhoku Expressway (E4).

I guess that's why.

UK spec CC works at higher speed - don't know how high. Set at indicated 80mph matches the traffic on most fairly uncongested m'ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links