Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

5 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

3 years and they cannot be used a full 7 hours shift for service personnel in a country where the users want to have a warm cabin and a heated seat.

I know you are EV fanboy and that is cool for you.

Why not. Some are naive enough to believe all politicians tell them.

But this all depends upon the vehicle they chose, and if they are using it correctly and not abusing it.

ps. heated seats are the most efficient way to warm occupants, and if they needed a warm cabin they should have ordered an EV with a heat pump system for interior cabin warmth.

3 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

But this all depends upon the vehicle they chose, and if they are using it correctly and not abusing it.

ps. heated seats are the most efficient way to warm occupants, and if they needed a warm cabin they should have ordered an EV with a heat pump system for interior cabin warmth.

Tell that to the government that bought the cars to be used driving less than 100km in a 7 hour period.

14 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

And you know it's five percent how exactly? Seems far etched for five years. 

Batteries are more complex than most people realise, a few weak cells will write off an entire battery pack, probably writing off the car in the process.

OK one more time........our i3 shows almost (>6%) exactly the same Battery capacity now as when it rolled out of the showroom, it is almost seven years old.

A few weak cells will not "write off" a Battery pack, there are even private garages springing up now (even more on the continent) who change individual cells packs withing the Battery pack, thus providing an economical way to keep your 200,000 miles Prius/Lexus on the road.  You know so much about EV batteries eh? 😂

1 minute ago, Las Palmas said:

Tell that to the government that bought the cars to be used driving less than 100km in a 7 hour period.

so what were the vehicles exactly?

11 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

3 years and they cannot be used a full 7 hours shift for service personnel in a country where the users want to have a warm cabin and a heated seat.

I know you are EV fanboy and that is cool for you.

Why not. Some are naive enough to believe all politicians tell them.

So again explain to me why 5 year old EVs hold their value so well if you claim after 3 years batteries are useless?

12 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

So again explain to me why 5 year old EVs hold their value so well if you claim after 3 years batteries are useless?

Who would waste time on you? Not me.

35 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

OK one more time........our i3 shows almost (>6%) exactly the same battery capacity now as when it rolled out of the showroom, it is almost seven years old.

A few weak cells will not "write off" a battery pack, there are even private garages springing up now (even more on the continent) who change individual cells packs withing the battery pack, thus providing an economical way to keep your 200,000 miles Prius/Lexus on the road.  You know so much about EV batteries eh? 😂

It's impossible to have the same capacity as when it rolled out of the showroom, and you know nothing about cell balancing

So like I said previously, you always get people jabbing on about tin foil hats when they know absolutely nothing

Can I put in a smiley, ok then

🤣

44 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

How is this heat pump system operated, Flatulence?

42 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

abusing it..

What constitutes abusing an EV?

Can you drive over 50mph and overtake traffic? Do you need to drive moderately all the time? Do you need a pill box telling you the times to charge it up to keep the batteries in prime condition.

8 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

What constitutes abusing an EV?

Can you drive over 50mph and overtake traffic? Do you need to drive moderately all the time? Do you need a pill box telling you the times to charge it up to keep the batteries in prime condition.

52 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

abusing it..????                Do not think I said that!

31 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Who would waste time on you? Not me.

Can you answer my question? You claim after 3 years EV batteries are useless yet there are thousands of 3 year old EVs for sale with batteries that a fine.....So whats your explanation? Everyone is lying about EVs? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Can you answer my question? You claim after 3 years EV batteries are useless yet there are thousands of 3 year old EVs for sale with batteries that a fine.....So whats your explanation? Everyone is lying about EVs? 

They are not fine, the previous guys i3 with its 100 percent charge capacity

Like what Scotty said, give me your vehicle's. I can check capacity, we have all the gear at work.

My bet is 1000 pounds they are no where near full charge capacity, who is in or out? Heck let's make it 2000 pounds.

I'll guess nobody, just as no manufacturers in the USA gave Scotty a car for him to critique

Just now, Las Palmas said:

10 minutes ago, toffee_pie said: abusing it.

The people driving round helping sick or old or otherwise needing help from nurse or other kind of help are hardly abusing the cars they are given to use. Start work, drive to first patient help 30 - 40 minutes put on warm clothes again go out in a cold car drive 5 - 15 minutes to next patient. Warm / cold / warm etc. is not fun. I was told this from a family member who is sending health personnel to patients and keeping eye on the fleet of electric cars. It was easier when the cars were not electric. I was told that after 3 years batteries would not keep charge enough for the 7 hours and they were not driving 100km.

Where did you get this quote :       "abusing it"      from Eric? Not from me!

4 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

abusing it.

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

"abusing it"      from Eric? Not from me!

Sorry was directed to the previous post above...!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Like what Scotty said, give me your vehicle's. I can check capacity, we have all the gear at work.

My bet is 1000 pounds they are no where near full charge capacity, who is in or out? Heck let's make it 2000 pounds.

I'll guess nobody, just as no manufacturers in the USA gave Scotty a car for him to critique

You don't need fancy hardware to track Battery degredation. The cars do it themselves. There is degredation but not the 25%+ been claimed on here.

The proof is ofcourse in usage, am about to take our 5 year old on a 3000 miles+ Road trip from Leicester to Norway.......Surely that would be impossible if EV batteries failed after just 3 years??? And no I haven't already had an EV traction Battery replaced.

50682906171_9864c8d6c7_c_d.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

You must be as sloppy at work with this Battery stuff as you are reading posts, I said “almost >6%”…..that’s 94% of new state.

This is absolutely pointless.

15 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Most of them VW Up.

Well they definitely bought the wrong vehicle, how the hell do they get a patient with a leg cast (or even an arm cast) in an E-Up? 😆

15 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

How is this heat pump system operated, Flatulence?

You really don’t know what a heat pump system is on an EV?  But your so knowledgable.

22 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Well they definitely bought the wrong vehicle, how the hell do they get a patient with a leg cast (or even an arm cast) in an E-Up? 😆

They do not. The service personnel drive to the patients homes to help them. Are you as able to read as gooseoom?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

They do not. The service personnel drive to the patients homes to help them. Are you as able to read as gooseoom?

OK..so care workers and district nurses for this country I guess.

Well heaven knows what they were doing to them (it must have been charging related or not charging when flat) that did the damage.

This is a very heated debate which does reflect the concerns of many who are worried about the rapid switch to EV. Those on the EV "side" have usually had some experience of running an EV. From some reading I have done, EV Battery degradation is much less than the original Leaf batteries. One pro-EV reviewer stated that an EV car with high mileage was very good value. 

I am not particularly for or against EV's but the pros and cons need to be weighed up. For many car users (at present) EV ownership is very problematic. For others the switch has been a revelation, mainly because it suits their driving requirements. Personally I would never buy another new car, as I feel the costs do not make sense. If given a choice between two cars at the same price - one ICE the other EV - which one would I choose?  Now I have opened up my own can of worms!

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Now I have opened up my own can of worms!

good lord David .  just keep your Ls400 for as long as you can ...  the availability of petrol and longevity of everything else on your Ls400 will long outweigh any so called " advantages " of having, owning and running..........  ££££££ an EV

Malc

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links