Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

While I'm in a moaning mood for a change, can I moan about the Pfizer vaccine. I've had the AZ vaccine twice and on neither occasion did it feel like I had been repeatedly kicked in the arm the following day. I am not impressed at all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

My moan today is the absence of consistent data to allow me to adequately determine the risk of COVID-19. The media likes to sensationalise everything and report snippets that suit their own agendas.

As far as I can tell, your risk of catching COVID is directly connected to your political opinions.

Right of centre = Government restrictions are going too far (it’s a police state etc); Omicrom is mild, I know because I saw it in The Sun. I’ll be fine regardless, this is all scaremongering. See Daily Express, Daily Telegraph.

Left of centre =  Government restrictions aren’t going far enough, we should all be locked down forever; Social gatherings for people who were already working together anyway are the end of civilisation as we know it. Everybody is going to end up catching COVID and will be in hospital or dead, and it’s all Boris Johnson’s fault. See The Guardian, Daily Mirror.

Centre = Totally confused, as I keep hearing and reading different things depending on whether I read or listen to the left or right-wing media! 

Looney = global conspiracy, it’s all a myth, I’m not getting vaccinated etc. I get all my information from Facebook from a bloke who clearly knows what’s going on…Hang on, I’ve just developed this really odd cough…

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Mincey said:

While I'm in a moaning mood for a change, can I moan about the Pfizer vaccine. I've had the AZ vaccine twice and on neither occasion did it feel like I had been repeatedly kicked in the arm the following day. I am not impressed at all.

I had the Pfizer booster and it affected me quite badly for three days. Really REALLY tired, swollen and painful under my arms…never had that with AZ. Still, didn’t last that long and far better than catching COVID. 

I think we all better get used to having a booster of some sort every 3-6 months in the medium term…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, First_Lexus said:

I think we all better get used to having a booster of some sort every 3-6 months in the medium term…

I think you're right there. Hopefully I'll not choose somewhere that insists on everyone queue up outside in the cold and drizzle to wait for their painful booster next time...

9 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

As far as I can tell, your risk of catching COVID is directly connected to your political opinions.

Right of centre = Government restrictions are going too far (it’s a police state etc); Omicrom is mild, I know because I saw it in The Sun. I’ll be fine regardless, this is all scaremongering. See Daily Express, Daily Telegraph.

Left of centre =  Government restrictions aren’t going far enough, we should all be locked down forever; Social gatherings for people who were already working together anyway are the end of civilisation as we know it. Everybody is going to end up catching COVID and will be in hospital or dead, and it’s all Boris Johnson’s fault. See The Guardian, Daily Mirror.

Centre = Totally confused, as I keep hearing and reading different things depending on whether I read or listen to the left or right-wing media! 

Looney = global conspiracy, it’s all a myth, I’m not getting vaccinated etc. I get all my information from Facebook from a bloke who clearly knows what’s going on…Hang on, I’ve just developed this really odd cough…

Many a truth is told in jest . . . 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I had the Pfizer booster and it affected me quite badly for three days. Really REALLY tired, swollen and painful under my arms…never had that with AZ. Still, didn’t last that long and far better than catching COVID. 

+1 same here.

First day, fine, next week... tired! 

56 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Brilliant 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

My moan today is the absence of consistent data to allow me to adequately determine the risk of COVID-19. The media likes to sensationalise everything and report snippets that suit their own agendas.

Dr john campbell youtube

check him out

• Like 1

I have been following his daily updates since this horror began March last year. For me he is the voice of reason and the guide through this pandemic. No sensationalism, no politics, only scientifically proven factual information. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

I have been following his daily updates since this horror began March last year. For me he is the voice of reason and the guide through this pandemic. No sensationalism, no politics, only scientifically proven factual information. 

Ditto, I particularly liked the one on D3 and K2 supplements 👍

Queue Captains: no, I was there before you, you miserable old harridan. And I only had a basket with three items in it which I would have paid for before you had finished unpacking your trolley. Merry Christmas to you too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Ditto, I particularly liked the one on D3 and K2 supplements 👍

I strictly follow his advice! Dont know about you guys but frankly speaking i am living like lockdown now since the beginning. I work from home and only go to the supermarket dont travel and so on…. Sad story but hey.. could always be worse!

9 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Brilliant Ed, simply brilliant 😀

About workplace.. We have an outside internet security company doing safety training for our staff. After some initial sessions all had to attend they now try to lure you into clicking on mails they write as phishing or scammers will do. If you click you have to attend another training. All fine until the moment they initiated another on line training session by mail with a link i had to click to start the session. Of course i didnt....  2 weeks later i was told off why i did not want to participate!! I did not complain only asked if they could see the irony in this. Did not get a reply yet.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

All fine until the moment they initiated another on line training session by mail with a link i had to click to start the session. Of course i didnt....  2 weeks later i was told off why i did not want to participate!! I did not complain only asked if they could see the irony in this. Did not get a reply yet.

I can see why they have cause to complain about your lack of response.  

After all, if everyone responds to their training programme about the risks of clicking on links in unexpected emails, by not clicking on a link in an unexpected email, then that’s the end of their training programmes.

On the other hand, if no-one responds to their invitation then they can cite it as evidence of their success and perhaps increase their fees.

Sounds like a modern variation of Catch 22!

12 hours ago, dephrank said:

Workplace meetings - They have meetings about meetings 🤯

I once had to attend a meeting to discuss the agenda for an upcoming meeting! Unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links