Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Trust me Phil, I have been trying to think of something to moan about for a while!

It’s hard to think of anything to moan about at the moment.

I mean, obviously there’s the ongoing risk of war in Europe as Russia stands ready to invade Ukraine, but as the news media seem to be ignoring that it can’t be worth worrying about…

Then there’s the continuing pandemic but I think we’ve just got used to that now.

Partygate? Not great, especially as it seems Kier Starmer was doing the same (spoiler alert, they really have defended themselves this morning by claiming their drinks party was a ‘work based event.’ I’d like to think they were being ironic, but…). Could be worse for Labour, at least one of their MPs hasn’t been employing a Chinese Government agent while accepting almost £500k in donations from her. Oh, wait…

Prince Andrew dragging the Monarchy into the gutter? Pretty bad, but is anybody really surprised after the last couple of years and his car crash interview? 

As I said, I can’t really think of anything to moan about. Everything in the garden is boozy…sorry, I mean rosy…or do I?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PCM said:

I'll moan because it's cold and misty.

But later I'll fire up the wood burning stove and it will be warm and bright - inside at least.

Oh, I see Piers, you're the one who pollutes the atmosphere with acrid emissions. Much cleaner to sit in your RX with the heater on 😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Prince Andrew dragging the Monarchy into the gutter? Pretty bad, but is anybody really surprised after the last couple of years and his car crash interview? 

Is that "The Andrew formerly known as Prince"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I wish to moan about the Sunday Lycra Clad Cycling Cretin Club again. Is that ok?

I’m sure lots of us have seen the viral picture of a ‘Beware of cyclists’ road sign where somebody has added some *ahem* rather rude graffiti describing what he or she thinks of them…

…obviously I won’t be adding the picture here as I’d end up moaning (to nobody in particular) that I’d been banned from this place!

In all seriousness, 90% of cyclists are like 90% of motorists, being entirely sensible and not wanting to cause anybody any trouble or inconvenience. As usual with life, it’s the other 10% who are the problem.

• Like 3

Related to this subject, my moan is the sign on the pedestrian exit from Waitrose in Salisbury onto the path along the River Avon. There is a sign warning pedestrians to beware of cyclists but no corresponding sign for cyclists to take care of pedestrians who have to cross the cycle lane to get on the pedestrian side of the shared path. This contravenes the latest guidance in the highway Code as to order of precedence.

There is also a report in the Sunday Times today that "A roads now have greater numbers of cyclists using them than cars". This, as we all know from our actual experience, is plain wrong (probably everywhere but in Central London where the reporter lives).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mincey said:

I wish to moan about the Sunday Lycra Clad Cycling Cretin Club again. Is that ok?

What happened flower. Did they delay your journey to the garden centre by a minute or so, must be hell 😉

Seriously. If they are causing you grief then make a complaint to them, you might get a constructive reply if your complaint is anything other than grumpy old motorist syndrome. If not forget it. Many of these group rides have cameras at the front and rear and at many points between and I'm sure they'd appreciate feedback if they were in the wrong.  

Again !

When I click on a topic (in this day & age) on this site why does it take me to page one and “not” the last page I read / visited as the vast bulk of sites do ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, doog442 said:

What happened flower. Did they delay your journey to the garden centre by a minute or so, must be hell 😉

Seriously. If they are causing you grief then make a complaint to them, you might get a constructive reply if your complaint is anything other than grumpy old motorist syndrome. If not forget it. Many of these group rides have cameras at the front and rear and at many points between and I'm sure they'd appreciate feedback if they were in the wrong.  

You had to be there. Flower.

23 minutes ago, Mincey said:

You had to be there. Flower.

The use of the term "grumpy old motorist" already betrays his opening stance on the matter James. As to "constructive reply" I suspect that this is a euphemism for a stream of expletives 🤣

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

The use of the term "grumpy old motorist" already betrays his opening stance on the matter James. As to "constructive reply" I suspect that this is a euphemism for a stream of expletives 🤣

I find it impossible to detect any flaws in your argument there.

16 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

90% of cyclists are like 90% of motorists, being entirely sensible

apart from yesterday with me on a country road going thru' a village that I regularly pass thru' and clearly these two cyclists NOT .....  heard the squeal of cycle brakes just before he almost crunched my rearend ......

hidden ( well, all markings worn out )  raised piece of road that I know about and he clearly didn't, I brake just before negotiating the little step upwards and he's peed off coz he too has to slow down, almost stop and my car was likely to be his stopping point ......  he was just too damned close and riding too fast and  irresponsibly thru this village ..............  his only penalty would have been a crunched bike, self harm and a bill from my insurers to repair my rear end ........... would he have had to have compulsory Road Traffic Act insurance I wonder ??

Is there an answer do you know guys ?

Malc

39 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

A new moan this morning - Google Maps. Always useless in my experience - proved to be so as usual this morning!

I've not had any issues with Google Maps... yet! Waze however is another matter. A trip from Peterborough to the outskirts of London was interesting. Kept trying to send me home. Maybe it knew that my heart wasn't really in the journey though and it's more intelligent than I'm giving it credit for.

25 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I've not had any issues with Google Maps... yet! Waze however is another matter. A trip from Peterborough to the outskirts of London was interesting. Kept trying to send me home. Maybe it knew that my heart wasn't really in the journey though and it's more intelligent than I'm giving it credit for.

That’s very odd. I always use Waze and have never had a problem. Google Maps on the other hand always seems to get me to the wrong place!

I'd like to 'moan' about posters that post one or two posts only, with a car issue, receive LOADS of helpful and supportive advice, accept it all and then NEVER update on whether the advice was useful/the problem was resolved - even when gently prompted for an update. :sad:

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, PCM said:

I'd like to 'moan' about posters that post one or two posts only, with a car issue, receive LOADS of helpful and supportive advice, accept it all and then NEVER update on whether the advice was useful/the problem was resolved - even when gently prompted for an update. :sad:

Hanging is too good for some people isn't it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

apart from yesterday with me on a country road going thru' a village that I regularly pass thru' and clearly these two cyclists NOT .....  heard the squeal of cycle brakes just before he almost crunched my rearend ......

hidden ( well, all markings worn out )  raised piece of road that I know about and he clearly didn't, I brake just before negotiating the little step upwards and he's peed off coz he too has to slow down, almost stop and my car was likely to be his stopping point ......  he was just too damned close and riding too fast and  irresponsibly thru this village ..............  his only penalty would have been a crunched bike, self harm and a bill from my insurers to repair my rear end ........... would he have had to have compulsory Road Traffic Act insurance I wonder ??

Malc

And why Malc are they allowed to impede my progress yet tractors are not? As to your village incident very common sight in my village that of irresponsible speed. 

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

that of irresponsible speed. 

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Perhaps adding drawing and quartering might add to your delectation

is this for errant cyclists then ?   I'm losing the thread of this thread a little !  :wink3:

Malc

On 1/17/2022 at 9:23 AM, Malc said:

Malc

I'm glad you survived this absolutely shocking incident Malc. Bicycle brakes squeel all the time, a little like Lexus brakes, it really doesn't mean much, more of an annoyance, also they didn't hit you which meant they were probably in control. Suddenly braking for a raised piece of road with worn out markings that only you know about, would probably cause issues for most road users following you. Any reason you didn't slow earlier to prevent them nearly going up your chuff.

Also were they wearing lycra ? 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links