Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

9 hours ago, Stompe said:

People who block Supermarket isles! 😡

And those who lean on their trolleys, pushing them along with their folded arms. Stand up and push them properly you utter halfwits! You might be able to steer and make progress more successfully.

I hate supermarkets. Well, more precisely I hate their customers. Especially those who abandon their trolley in the middle of an aisle to go and pick up something they walked by five minutes earlier. Oh and those who have no ability to tell that anyone is coming up behind them. Fit mirrors to trolleys supermarkets!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I hate supermarkets. Well, more precisely I hate their customers. Especially those who abandon their trolley in the middle of an aisle to go and pick up something they walked by five minutes earlier.

I avoid supermarket shopping, preferring to order online and have my groceries delivered. Remove the ‘online’ element, and replace with ‘telephone’ or ‘written paper list’ and that’s a very similar approach to that taken by my parents in the 1950s…but I digress. 

The experience of shopping in a supermarket was, in my opinion, vastly improved by COVID restrictions. Who remembers ‘one way’ systems and controlled numbers in the shops? There are some elements of the pandemic restrictions that should have been retained!

Returning to my first point, I’d like to moan about the replacement of ‘service’ with ‘self-service.’ Progress? Not for me. 

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Speaking of supermarkets…

I note that this is not just any apostrophe, it’s an M&S apostrophe.

IMG_1276.jpeg

I read somewhere that there’s a movement to abolish the apostrophe, along with the semi-colon. I think it was Angela Rayner who, a few months ago, gave an interview where she criticised the emphasis in education (and in public life) on grammatical accuracy. What a superb lesson for our children and grandchildren - don’t worry if you aren’t good at something, simply ignore it and say it doesn’t matter!

Accepting this was quite a few years ago, when I was in Upper School - aged about 14 or 15 I guess - the whole school was summoned into the main hall during the middle of the day and without warning for a ‘special assembly.’ This was very unusual, and you can imagine the speculation at what had happened…

One the school had assembled - in orderly rows by year, boys and girls separated by an aisle as usual and controlled by the various Heads of House assisted by the Prefects - our Headmaster strode onto the stage in his cap and gown (which he always wore, as did most of the Masters). Two members of the Senior Form then unfurled a hastily written large sheet of paper, and stuck it to the front of the stage. All is said was ‘IT’S = IT IS.’ A fifteen minute lecture followed, and we returned to lessons.

It turned out that our erstwhile Head had seen a notice somewhere around the school with an incorrectly used apostrophe and had taken the bull by the horns to use it as an educational aide. I still remember it very clearly decades later. I’m pretty sure Angela Rayner wouldn’t have approved!

I should add that the Headmaster in question was a wonderful, very kind and much loved man. He’d been to Harrow, and was simply a great teacher. His mere presence meant that strict discipline wasn’t required, and his staff behaved similarly. They treated us, their pupils, with respect and we returned the favour. Different times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Returning to my first point, I’d like to moan about the replacement of ‘service’ with ‘self-service.’ Progress? Not for me. 

Quite right, Ed.

I have occasionally been directed to a self-service till and have turned down the offer.

When questioned about this I point out that I’m doing the job of their Staff but not getting paid for it.  If there was a discount for using a self-service till, then it might be justified.

As you rightly say, self-service is the antithesis of service!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LenT said:

Quite right, Ed.

I have occasionally been directed to a self-service till and have turned down the offer.

When questioned about this I point out that I’m doing the job of their Staff but not getting paid for it.  If there was a discount for using a self-service till, then it might be justified.

As you rightly say, self-service is the antithesis of service!

Ah, self service. What really gets my goat is the self service section in Sainsburys. If I've had a bad day and fancy a glass (or two) of my favourite tipple, someone has to come over and authorise the purchase of alcohol. Quite often the assistants are busy with the people who are scanning their goods and totally ignoring those of us who scan on the way round. This leads to a long wait and totally defeats the object of self scanning. Why oh why oh why do they not have someone sitting in a central position monitoring all the self scanning checkouts and authorising any purchases from there, instead of making customers wait for one of their tiresomely slow colleagues to attend. I hope this all makes sense. Typing this has got my blood boiling again and I think I might be in need of a lie down...

• Haha 2

Going back to politics I have two takes on it and they are connected.

First, it is useful to think of politics as just another business with a huge self interest in growing, in creating a self perpetuating empire if possible. To do that it is interested in buying your support. So, remember if you are in a group that looks to have little popular support . Indeed, the converse then it is highly likely at some point that the govt will throw you under the bus regardless of any justification. Thinking this way you can side step such an event long before it becomes a reality.

Second, if you sit around waiting for the govt to 'deliver' your hopes and aspirations for you it is likely to be hugely frustrating. I have always maintained that whatever I have achieved in life it has largely been in spite of them throwing roadblocks in my way as opposed to 'giving' me anything.

Basically, I keep them in the corner of my eyeline and otherwise try to ignore them. It seems to work for me.

Hi all 🤗

I agree with both Mincey and LenT are saying.

Alas i have the misfortune off having to take a trip to M&S usually on a friday dinner time after work and you get very clown in the world there always in the isles.

They are usually on their mobiles :mad2: and blocking the isles up while they are busy yacking on the damn thing.

Don’t get me started on self service tills:angry:

You put you bag on the bag tray start scanning the first item put it in the bag then the bl***y thing says remove from bag that does it i stand there boiling waiting for clown to enlighten me as to what i have done wrong  this time i have been up since 4.30 am and have been to work and want to get home boiling is not a good enough word to express my mood.

Why cannot there be more humans doing it for the customers.

65mike

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Why cannot there be more humans doing it for the customers.

Because Humans are expensive and difficult to find. They dont show up for work and when they are there are not interested in working. They leave you if they can get 50 quid more across the street and report ill when they want.

The days of "Mr Humphries are you free?"are long behind us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

Burger King crossed the line long ago for me,  when they did away with the mushroom double swiss.  

Another bizarre marketing decision, Bill.  It was my Top Burger too!

But now I have to recreate it at home.  That’s my moan.

Brioche Bun.

Wagyu Beef Pattie from Costco.

Sliced Chestnut Mushrooms.

Red Onion slices.

Tomato slices.

Cheddar cheese slice.

Little Gem Lettuce leaves.

What’s not to like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all.

dutchie1 alas you are correct the system is all out off kilt.

While i am at it let me mention my most hatted and i mean hatted and it is !!!!

This need a drum roll please it is the ar**hole driving a car while on a mobile phone and believe me i hate these with a vengeance what planet are these morons on.

Alas we have a doped bird up the road from me  who works for Tesco and drives a mini and thinks it’s her wright to use a mobile while driving try’s to hide it but you can tell straight away the way they look down while using the thing.

I was behind turns out another dopey bird driving a BMW don’t get me started on these cars i hate these as much as mobile man in my book driven by a******es no idea.

I digress the dopey bird in the BMW drives through red light at my local retail park lucky no one was crossing as she would have had them i waited as a Lexus driver does for the green light and got along and there the dopey cow was playing on the phone looking down at it.

I would make it a prison offence and crush the thing and ban them for 5 years and loose there license and to finish it make them pay £2000.00 fine there is no excuse now just bone idle.

Don’t get me started about BMW drivers they are a bunch off a*****les no idea how to drive or what they are doing 

Alas i find most BMW drivers are all ar*****es with there brains up there a**e.

65mike.

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, rayaans said:

In bradford, theyve made a busy main road from 3 lanes into 2 lanes and used one of the lanes to make a disgusting looking bike lane with plastic bendy bollards. 

Its been there for 2 years

Im yet to see a cyclist ever use it

Im going to quote myself because I thought I should update you guys on what has happened recently.

The plastic bendy bollards have recently been removed following multiple collisions into them - drivers going straight through etc and never seen a single cyclist use these.

They cost about £80k to install..... and no idea how much to remove

30 minutes ago, 65mike said:

I digress the dopey bird in the BMW drives through red light at my local retail park lucky no one was crossing as she would have had them i waited as a Lexus driver does for the green light and got along and there the dopey cow was playing on the phone looking down at it.

Would I be right in thinking that you don’t have a dashcam in the car?

The Police actually have websites which invite people to send in dashcam evidence of motoring offences.  If it’s actionable evidence, they will follow It up.

I’ve done it and they do!

Rather than just get mad about it, it’s actually quite satisfying to know that the moron you’ve just recorded could be getting a surprise visit in a few days time!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LenT said:

Another bizarre marketing decision, Bill.  It was my Top Burger too!

But now I have to recreate it at home.  That’s my moan.

Brioche Bun.

Wagyu Beef Pattie from Costco.

Sliced Chestnut Mushrooms.

Red Onion slices.

Tomato slices.

Cheddar cheese slice.

Little Gem Lettuce leaves.

What’s not to like!

A 120 mile round trip to where you live Len, 😅

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

dutchie1 alas you are correct the system is all out off kilt.

While i am at it let me mention my most hatted and i mean hatted and it is !!!!

This need a drum roll please it is the ar**hole driving a car while on a mobile phone and believe me i hate these with a vengeance what planet are these morons on.

Alas we have a doped bird up the road from me  who works for Tesco and drives a mini and thinks it’s her wright to use a mobile while driving try’s to hide it but you can tell straight away the way they look down while using the thing.

I was behind turns out another dopey bird driving a BMW don’t get me started on these cars i hate these as much as mobile man in my book driven by a******es no idea.

I would make it a prison offence and crush the thing and ban them for 5 years and loose there license and to finish it make them pay £2000.00 fine there is no excuse now just bone idle.

Don’t get me started about BMW drivers they are a bunch off a*****les no idea how to drive or what they are doing 

Alas i find most BMW drivers are all ar*****es with there brains up there a**e.

65mike.

Crikey Mikey, have your meds not made any difference? Sue I say 😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Because Humans are expensive and difficult to find. They dont show up for work and when they are there are not interested in working. They leave you if they can get 50 quid more across the street and report ill when they want.

The days of "Mr Humphries are you free?"are long behind us. 

Make everyone self-employed, works wonders for motivation 👍

3 hours ago, 65mike said:

They are usually on their mobiles :mad2: and blocking the isles up while they are busy yacking on the damn thing.

And the ones who wander down the middle of the car park and are amazed (and often rather rude) when you, as a car driver, driving on the tarmac between bays looking for a parking space, give them a gentle rev or a subtle toot to get out of the bloody way! I despair of some humans. Most if I'm honest.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Len T don’t get me started about dash cam i have had no end off arguments with nextbase regarding that subject.

Mine according to nextbase has a Battery back up er no it does not read the handbook all goes quiet then have not heard from you in a while so presume you do not need any more advise so ticket closed.

Mine starts on the default date every time so have got god knows how many 2017 January  first files.

65mike.

• Sad 1

Hi all.

The subject is medication 

I have to have. a 6 month review for mine and being under 60 i pay for them so i had the review and the chap said to me what do you take these for it took a great deal off restraint not to tell him i shove them up my a**e but i managed to hold back!!!
Why did you not learn to read or something.

65mike

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Crikey Mikey, have your meds not made any difference? Sue I say 😎

Who’s Sue then , the dopey bmw driver on her mobile ? 

why can’t she serve us at a supermarket till ?  I refuse to use the self-serve tills ….. I wave my walking stick around the moment someone suggests I do ….. my trolley might only have a pint/ quart is it ? of milk BUT for me to manipulate a basket and my stick, well, something would end up someone else’s butt ….. but for my tolerance and lack of impatience in a sod…ng supermarket ….. growl ! 

and if someone parks in a ( my ) Blue Badge space without a BB then I sure do rant and rave and wave my stick around and at ‘em …… I’m usually quiet and tolerant ….. I’m a Lexus V8 driver ….. of course 😅

Malc 

• Haha 1

Hi all.

Malc1 you tell me who sue is nothing to do with me.

I just hate dopey  birds in BMW’s i cannot tell you what i call them ( cars i mean)would be banned under the race act.

Ah perhaps Phil has spotted her never know may get around a lot.

65mike

Well I thought I was stupid until I read all these rants on this thread. I got threatened with a ban here just for calling insurance companies bar stewards. In my many years of life experience I have come to the conclusion that it is best to ignore the idiots and not get angry because it only upsets you and does you no good. if that does not work for you just stab them.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links