Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

So, good news!

I orderd my 450H+ Early October from Lexus in Southampton. It arrived at the dealership Wednesday and I pick it up tomorrow. Pretty excited to say the least. It has been far from smooth and I am still waiting for British Gas (Via Lexus) to install my charge point but I am just thrilled that it is finally within reach.

Best of luck guys.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

I'm obviously missing something, as I don't get why anyone would want the convenience of a hybrid car that you have then plug in. To me it's like having to fill it up twice.

You're missing a few things.

1. Majority people doing day to day usual driving can drive on purely electric which is a lot cheaper than petrol/diesel. 

2. No need to worry about when and where to stop on the longer weekend drives as you have an engine. No worries about not having enough electric charging points etc

3. The phev is fantastic for tax through an ltd. All the features and benefits of electric plus the convenience of petrol. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Joey020 said:

1. Majority people doing day to day usual driving can drive on purely electric which is a lot cheaper than petrol/diesel. 

2. No need to worry about when and where to stop on the longer weekend drives as you have an engine. No worries about not having enough electric charging points etc

3. The phev is fantastic for tax through an ltd. All the features and benefits of electric plus the convenience of petrol. 

I only agree with point 3, for some people they are all valid of course.

To me point 1 is not real as initially you spend on a car like £10k more that a standard hybrid and you can buy lots of petrol for £10k or £8k whatever the difference. If you take car for 48 months most likely you will not redeem the price difference at initial purchase.

Point 2 - it is true that you don't have to stop often on longer route but then you are carrying all that additional weight of the batteries and burning more fuel, i think 350h would be more economical on longer routes.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Joey020 said:

Another point is that  you are helping a little the environment and your conscience especially in built up areas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Another point is that  you are helping a little the environment and your conscience especially in built up areas.

Do we really care about environment that much though? I think it's just running costs for most people. Purely environmentally speaking, EVs are worse for the planet overall due to batteries. Not to mention, cars contribute by only ~5% of the world's C02, so emissions and this EV/Hybrid hype makes very little difference to the planet.. I suppose for the people making these decisions it's easier to target this than targeting industrial sector which is the biggest contributor to pollution. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Joey020 said:

Isn't this enough to push you to the phev? The standard 350h does not allow that

Nope, I am not self employed or own a company so I pay maximum tax on it.

For me it is TAX bracket savings .... And it being a 2.5L means payback on business miles is £0.22p vs £0.15p on anything 2L and below... :).

As a comparison a non PHEV of similar size and spec would cost me £450 a month in car tax.... This will be less than £140, and just going to the office I will profit £250 a month in business fuel payback 🙂

Winner winner chicken dinner 

• Like 1

And isnt that the stupidity of the tax system, there will be no need to charge it to get the tax saving and it actively encourages you to drive the car.

If I buy it will be a private purchase, but I'd still pick PHEV. The ability to drive on EV in built up areas where the air quality is lowest is important. 

I'm assuming that you have a home based contract to be able to claim mileage for going to the office - and assuming you get 45mpg on average, I make that 2270 miles a month just going to the office - which would suggest you really shouldnt have a home based contract based on fact of where you work!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, isleaiw said:

And isnt that the stupidity of the tax system, there will be no need to charge it to get the tax saving and it actively encourages you to drive the car.

If I buy it will be a private purchase, but I'd still pick PHEV. The ability to drive on EV in built up areas where the air quality is lowest is important. 

I'm assuming that you have a home based contract to be able to claim mileage for going to the office - and assuming you get 45mpg on average, I make that 2270 miles a month just going to the office - which would suggest you really shouldnt have a home based contract based on fact of where you work!

Yes it is 100% a stupid system...... It would have costed me money to get an EV - I looked at the Merc EQC , Skoda Enyak , Merc EQB , Tesla model Y etc but as my company go on Gov guidelines for fuel, the current EV payback per mile is only £0.05p/mile ! On REAL WORLD ranges, AND home ev costs likely to go up again, I could have been paying £0.09p per mile to drive the car, but only getting £0.05p back, meaning I would loose money EVERTIME i drove the car.....That is bonkers !!!

For me there is some benefit in charging as the more EV miles I do , the more I make as I can still charge £0.22p per mile, even for those EV miles, but agree , lots I know get a PHEV , and just don't ever charge it but save on TAX.

4 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Yes it is 100% a stupid system...... It would have costed me money to get an EV - I looked at the Merc EQC , Skoda Enyak , Merc EQB , Tesla model Y etc but as my company go on Gov guidelines for fuel, the current EV payback per mile is only £0.05p/mile ! On REAL WORLD ranges, AND home ev costs likely to go up again, I could have been paying £0.09p per mile to drive the car, but only getting £0.05p back, meaning I would loose money EVERTIME i drove the car.....That is bonkers !!!

For me there is some benefit in charging as the more EV miles I do , the more I make as I can still charge £0.22p per mile, even for those EV miles, but agree , lots I know get a PHEV , and just don't ever charge it but save on TAX.

Correct. The tax is a huge reason why I decided to go down this route. In a few years, I'll go full EV when the infrastructure is ready, longer range and actually make a car that drives well. Top of my list were the Tesla model Y and the NX phev. Drove both of them and the model Y felt like I was riding a horse. Model 3 was much better but too small for the family

Just received word that my NX450h+ with Premium Plus pack and sunroof has arrived in the UK which is much earlier than expected as the last prediction was that it would be available on 12 March. Realise that there may be a delay between Portbury/Derby and Edinburgh. 

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Just ordered NX350h F sport Azure blue with red leather interior. Now it is the hard part. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

What were you quoted as delivery?? Sept /Oct?? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Just ordered NX350h F sport Azure blue with red leather interior. Now it is the hard part. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

Isn’t blue exterior and red interior known in the trade as the ‘Superman’ spec?

@mitadoc try not to think of the delay until delivery as a negative. Think of it as building anticipation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links