Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

1 hour ago, mitadoc said:

Just ordered NX350h F sport Azure blue with red leather interior. Now it is the hard part. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

24 hours ago I was thinking that you’d be going for the RX🤔

• Haha 1

Apologies if this has already been answered but I ordered my 450h+ F-Sport in Blazing Carnelian just before Christmas and got notification that it had left the factory on 31st January. Can anybody tell me roughly how long it takes from leaving the factory to arriving in Portbury? I also notice that the Lexus app seems to lag the behind the emails from Lexus. The app says that it's still being built - has anybody else noticed this?

9 minutes ago, Gureamu said:

Apologies if this has already been answered but I ordered my 450h+ F-Sport in Blazing Carnelian just before Christmas and got notification that it had left the factory on 31st January. Can anybody tell me roughly how long it takes from leaving the factory to arriving in Portbury? I also notice that the Lexus app seems to lag the behind the emails from Lexus. The app says that it's still being built - has anybody else noticed this?

I got notification that the build of my 450h+ was complete on 17 Jan and was very surprised to learn yesterday that it had arrived at Portbury. I had placed the original order in September and it went from order processing to build in progress in December. Agree that the app tends to lag behind the Lexus UK email updates at times. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gureamu said:

There's a letter further up which says that we can’t really rely on the app at the moment because the whole supply chain is bggrd.  The ship won’t come direct but it will call at various locations with Toyotas and possibly Mazdas so it varies.  I would think around a month by the time it gets to you.

• Like 1

I’ve got the build sheet for my car which suggest no heated rear seats despite the brochure at the time of ordering saying it did have.  I’ll need to wait and see for sure but has anyone got a premium pack plus?  Does it have heated rear seats?  Does it have sequential indicators?

7 hours ago, Gureamu said:

My NX took exactly a month to travel from Japan to Portbury and then another 4 weeks, via the preparation centre in Derby, to get to my dealer for me to collect. 

There are ways you can track the ship on which your car is travelling - the way to do this is mentioned on this forum at https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/130789-tracking-an-order/#comment-1208674

Your experience may vary but hopefully this gives you a rough idea of what to expect. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Don C said:

I’ve got the build sheet for my car which suggest no heated rear seats despite the brochure at the time of ordering saying it did have.  I’ll need to wait and see for sure but has anyone got a premium pack plus?  Does it have heated rear seats?  Does it have sequential indicators?

Hi @Don C I collected my 350h with Premium Plus Pack yesterday and can confirm that it doesn't have heated rear seats or sequential indicators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi @Don C I collected my 350h with Premium Plus Pack yesterday and can confirm that it doesn't have heated rear seats or sequential indicators. 

That's annoying as they were clearly mentioned as part of the premium plus pack. I assume that the 450h+ will be the same? 

Finally collected my 350h in Sonic Grey with Premium Plus Pack yesterday. It's still early days obviously but my first impressions are that the car is a considerable step up from my previous 2018 NX - both in terms of driving experience and general build quality and of course the infotainment system; etc. is on a different planet.

A couple of minor disappointments though:-

1. I had seen some YouTube reviews (admittedly from the US) showing the infotainment system with amazon Music and apple Music built in however my car doesn't have this. The guy at the dealership wasn't sure if these would come to UK cars in a future software update.
  2. As I suspected there is no wireless Android Auto functionality in UK models (although apple CarPlay is wireless). Not a real issue for me as I have a wireless dongle adaptor but would have been a nice-to-have.

The Premium Plus Pack 20" 5-spoke alloys are a bit darker than I expected but in my case, with the Sonic Grey paint, look very nice. 

IMG-20220212-WA0004.thumb.jpg.9ea2ebb79f5fa3a7ccfe4c6138612d20.jpg

My new NX alongside my old:-

20220212_103619_2.thumb.jpg.02111a443da30d09cb3ca98c95d96f72.jpg

• Like 11

What irritates me is, as Ken says, they were included in the spec at the time of ordering and the indicators still are so if they are going to de-spec the car, they should at least tell us and adjust the price accordingly.  They are supposed to be No1 at customer service and this is poor.  I asked about the indicators because the demo I had didn’t have them.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

This seems very strange to me most people are receiving there cars mainly 450+ ,I placed my order NX 350h Takumi in September it was finally ordered  on the 9th October was given a date of 17 January this has gone and had little correspondence form the dealer other than it should arrive from march onwards.the Lexus link app where the car built was has now dissapered.I thought it might be of been here by now?  ANY THOUGHTS.

Finally collected my 350h in Sonic Grey with Premium Plus Pack yesterday. It's still early days obviously but my first impressions are that the car is a considerable step up from my previous 2018 NX - both in terms of driving experience and general build quality and of course the infotainment system; etc. is on a different planet.

A couple of minor disappointments though:-

1. I had seen some YouTube reviews (admittedly from the US) showing the infotainment system with Amazon Music and Apple Music built in however my car doesn't have this. The guy at the dealership wasn't sure if these would come to UK cars in a future software update.
  2. As I suspected there is no wireless Android Auto functionality in UK models (although Apple CarPlay is wireless). Not a real issue for me as I have a wireless dongle adaptor but would have been a nice-to-have.

The Premium Plus Pack 20" 5-spoke alloys are a bit darker than I expected but in my case, with the Sonic Grey paint, look very nice. 

IMG-20220212-WA0004.thumb.jpg.9ea2ebb79f5fa3a7ccfe4c6138612d20.jpg

My new NX alongside my old:-

20220212_103619_2.thumb.jpg.02111a443da30d09cb3ca98c95d96f72.jpg

I really don't understand why there isn't wireless Android Auto on the UK spec when the US has it. I'm unsure if I'll just use a cable or buy the Motorola MA01 dongle when stock is available here. 

Really interesting seeing the two models next to each other, the size increase is very apparent. 

25 minutes ago, Caspa said:

I really don't understand why there isn't wireless Android Auto on the UK spec when the US has it. I'm unsure if I'll just use a cable or buy the Motorola MA01 dongle when stock is available here. 

Really interesting seeing the two models next to each other, the size increase is very apparent. 

Does a dongle make Android wireless work then? I'll need one if so... 

41 minutes ago, Caspa said:

I really don't understand why there isn't wireless Android Auto on the UK spec when the US has it.

Me too. I can only imagine that it is down to different software licenses between the US and other territories. Maybe the functionality will be enabled one day.

15 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Hi @Bish1402 There are currently 2 dongles on the market that offer the capability of wireless Android Auto.

I use AAWireless - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/ (caveat - this is currently a "crowd funded" enterprise, but I have been using the device for a long time without any problems). This fits very nicely in the NX's little cubbyhole just above the wireless charger. Due to it's popularity you'll likely have to wait a few months before you can get your hands on one.

Plus recently a company licensed by Motorola launched a similar device - https://motorolasound.com/audio-products/android-auto/ma1

[Please be aware that these dongles do not give you AA capability if your car doesn't already have it - they just allow the pre-existing AA functionality to be wireless.]

38 minutes ago, Bish1402 said:

Yeah, as Andy has stated there are a few solutions around but availability isn't there yet. The Motorola Sound (SGW Global these days) one is Google approved and reviews seem to show it's the best of the bunch, but not available in the UK yet and expensive at £90. 

I'm pretty sure I'll get it though as think it will be the neater and more convenient option overall.

Only issues/concerns are increased Battery drain which is to be expected, and if wireless charging the phone will likely heat up quite a bit so probably not the best for long-term Battery health. 

22 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Me too. I can only imagine that it is down to different software licenses between the US and other territories. Maybe the functionality will be enabled one day.

Seen it working in a couple of US reviews which got me all excited, so must be licensed based as the hardware and software is certainly up to it. 

It seems like Lexus have really gone all out to try and make the new NX an acoustic no-go zone. Putting aside the lack of a ML sound system in the ‘halo’ 450h+, the apparent lack of any music streaming applications combined with the absence of wireless Android Auto and only one data enabled USB port means that the only option will be to have all of your music on your phone (hope you have enough room) or a USB drive with music on and no Android Auto. None of this seems satisfactory in a 2022 car

I have however seen articles stating that you must have Android 11 or later to support wireless Android Auto on the new NX. Is there any chance do we think that the NX does support wireless Android Auto  on Android 11 phones?

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links