Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

2 hours ago, GALex said:

NX350h F Sport ordered end November ‘21 and 2 weeks to the day since the Viking Adventure docked at Portbury 👍

1C18B8CC-D6BE-43B7-B4CD-45A0C410BCA8.thumb.png.7b2a8859b03168d15bea968760ee5fa2.png

Thanks for the info, do all cars go via Derby?  Ours is a lease purchase so we never went to a Dealer but I believe the Dealership processing the order is Derby so this would make sense if it's a national hub.  We also specced a towbar so perhaps this will need fitting at Derby before we get the call.

15 minutes ago, bgb said:

Thanks for the info, do all cars go via Derby?  Ours is a lease purchase so we never went to a Dealer but I believe the Dealership processing the order is Derby so this would make sense if it's a national hub.  We also specced a towbar so perhaps this will need fitting at Derby before we get the call.

I believe they all go there, although at one point my (trainee) salesman said 'most' but not all, do. Mine was a basic spec and still went via Derby. Towbars can be fitted by the dealer but I believe most are fitted at Derby.

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I believe they all go there, although at one point my (trainee) salesman said 'most' but not all, do. Mine was a basic spec and still went via Derby. Towbars can be fitted by the dealer but I believe most are fitted at Derby.

Towbar probably means I'm being a but optimistic for a two week turnaround then although the latest info from the lease company of 19/12 also seems excessive given the vehicle landed in Portbury on Wednesday.

Turnaround in Derby is generally 3-4 weeks depending on what accessories require fitting.

I would expect the lease company is playing a little safe re timescales, allowing for any unknown hold ups rather than raising expectations too high.

7 hours ago, GALex said:

NX350h F Sport ordered end November ‘21 and 2 weeks to the day since the Viking Adventure docked at Portbury 👍

1C18B8CC-D6BE-43B7-B4CD-45A0C410BCA8.thumb.png.7b2a8859b03168d15bea968760ee5fa2.png

Well, are you 100% sure it was on Viking Adventure and not on Grand Phoenix that arrived few days ago? Also, you are still ahead of some others who ordered the same spec weeks before you, so some positive news. Hope it moves swiftly to your dealership without any further delays.

Yes, it was on the Viking Adventure and in the two weeks since it docked the car has been up to Derby and I’ve had the email to say that it’s now arrived in Exeter. Positive news indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GALex said:

Yes, it was on the Viking Adventure and in the two weeks since it docked the car has been up to Derby and I’ve had the email to say that it’s now arrived in Exeter. Positive news indeed.

2 weeks from port to dealer sounds good. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Starlight said:

2 weeks from port to dealer sounds good. Enjoy.

That was my experience back in late February. Dealer phoned to let me know exactly when the car was arriving at the dealership and was there to see it immediately after it was unloaded from the transporter.

• Like 1

Car in transit but have three questions in case any one has any answers.

1. Paid for SUPAGUARD but got spec sheet from the factory saying 'paint protection wax and film' done at the factory. I thought this is dealer option. Any idea?

2. Service plan: any idea how much this cost from Lexus these days?

3. Insurance: is Lexus Insurance competitively priced?

Any answers will be most appreciated.

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

1. Paid for SUPAGUARD but got spec sheet from the factory saying 'paint protection wax and film' done at the factory. I thought this is dealer option. Any idea?

1. Don't know.

2. https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

3. Insurance will depend on your circumstances. It wasn't the best deal for me as the extra cost didn't warrant the benefits the Lexus policy offers but depends on your priorities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

1. Don't know.

2. https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/servicing-mot-hybrid-health-check

3. Insurance will depend on your circumstances. It wasn't the best deal for me as the extra cost didn't warrant the benefits the Lexus policy offers but depends on your priorities.

Thanks Malcolm, that's really helpful 

4 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Is point 1 not just the protection applied at the factory for transit purposes? I was at the dealer when my 450h+ arrived - see illustration.IMG_20220224_160756.thumb.jpg.e20d5b8a966a42ac5e362ceacb5b4745.jpg 

That should be it then.

12 hours ago, Starlight said:

1. As others have said - it's probably just some temporary protection for when the car is in transit. Slightly off topic - personally I would be very wary of having the SUPAGUARD option added by the dealer. Adding any kind of protective coating takes time, care and attention to detail - something that I doubt the dealer (or it's contracted partner) is likely to give it. If you can afford the extra cost, I would advise getting it done by a local car detailing company that has good reviews. Just my two pence worth.

2. My 3 year service plan costs me just under £32 per month - for that I'll get 2 minor services and 1 major service plus the first MOT. This cost may vary slightly from dealer to dealer (i.e. different franchises) but at least you now have a ballpark figure.

3. I found Lexus Insurance to be competitive for me so I went with them. I like the fact that they guarantee that any repairs will be done at a Lexus centre using genuine Lexus parts. As others have said, insurance prices are dependant on each individual's circumstances so it might be different for you. No harm in giving them a call (I assume you have the incoming car's registration number so can ask them to quote you on that).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

1. As others have said - it's probably just some temporary protection for when the car is in transit. Slightly off topic - personally I would be very wary of having the SUPAGUARD option added by the dealer. Adding any kind of protective coating takes time, care and attention to detail - something that I doubt the dealer (or it's contracted partner) is likely to give it. If you can afford the extra cost, I would advise getting it done by a local car detailing company that has good reviews. Just my two pence worth.

2. My 3 year service plan costs me just under £32 per month - for that I'll get 2 minor services and 1 major service plus the first MOT. This cost may vary slightly from dealer to dealer (i.e. different franchises) but at least you now have a ballpark figure.

3. I found Lexus Insurance to be competitive for me so I went with them. I like the fact that they guarantee that any repairs will be done at a Lexus centre using genuine Lexus parts. As others have said, insurance prices are dependant on each individual's circumstances so it might be different for you. No harm in giving them a call (I assume you have the incoming car's registration number so can ask them to quote you on that).

Thanks Andy,

This is really helpful. There seems to be a number of concerns on dealer installed paint protection. I wonder if anyone knows any trusted and reliable detailer around Crawley, Redhill, Reigate or Gatwick area.

22 hours ago, Starlight said:

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

I've had our order confirmation sent through to us now and it has an estimated ETA of 18th August 2023 with delivery to us/local Lexus on 25 August 2023.

Couple of questions,

1) does anyone know if this timescale is realistic, knowing we ordered NX on 30th Sept 2022?

2) if timings correct, can we ask Lexus to not register/hold our vehicle until 1st September 2023? That way we can get the latest registration, ie, '73' plate?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Deb said:

I've had our order confirmation sent through to us now and it has an estimated ETA of 18th August 2023 with delivery to us/local Lexus on 25 August 2023.

Couple of questions,

1) does anyone know if this timescale is realistic, knowing we ordered NX on 30th Sept 2022?

2) if timings correct, can we ask Lexus to not register/hold our vehicle until 1st September 2023? That way we can get the latest registration, ie, '73' plate?

Thanks

Estimates have changed wildly for those waiting over the last year or so; I would treat the date as an Estimate with a capital 'E'.

Should it all go to plan, then your dealer will almost certainly keep the car until 1st September. In my case, the car arrived in country on 1st August, went to Derby and arrived at the dealer on the 16th August. Some customers were keen to pick up their vehicle as soon as they could, others, like me, chose to wait until 1st September. My dealer was happy to oblige.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links