Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Heat shield = £355

Pastore

Hi

Went in for a hybrid health check at the LEXUS dealership and they said my heat shield for the fuel tank and exhaust are missing.

Basically £355 to put them on but anyone know if it really makes a difference as i've been driving around without them a haven't noticed anything. 

Anyone ever had it done?

6 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

they are there for good reason

two of mine ( are there more ? Ls400 ) have been surgically removed quite recently, well, over the past few years, as they were rattling and loose and seemingly vestigial weight adornments it seems 

Malc

You obviously don't want your fuel tank, and therefore fuel, to get too hot!

I'd imagine there is a huge safety margin here to account for hotter climates, driving the vehicle very hard and possibly an engine not running correctly so the exhaust temps are a little higher than normal. But we are never going to see the development data when the engineers were testing if a shield was needed or not so it is best to assume you do need it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Pastore said:

Hi

Went in for a hybrid health check at the LEXUS dealership and they said my heat shield for the fuel tank and exhaust are missing.

Basically £355 to put them on but anyone know if it really makes a difference as i've been driving around without them a haven't noticed anything. 

Anyone ever had it done?

Thanks 🙂

Personally I would not risk second guessing the development engineers…but that’s just me. I like not being on fire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pastore said:

Hi

Anyone ever had it done?

Thanks 🙂

Like the knowledge people have advised: It is there because it is needed. Lexus engineers do not make the cars more expensive than needed in production. Lexus want to keep customers alive so they can buy more, hopefully from Lexus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Lexus engineers do not make the cars more expensive than needed in production.

but perhaps with the Ls400, the early one's at any rate, they did ..:wink3:

Malc

27 minutes ago, Malc said:

but perhaps with the Ls400, the early one's at any rate, they did ..:wink3:

Malc

Do not know. Think that Lexus was doing what they think was best when introducing a new brand. Safety has not been a problem with Lexus as far as I know. Exhaust pipes can burn for various reasons and should that happen a heat shield is not a bad thing to have. I would install a heat shield in our car if Lexus find it needed; but we are all different.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links