Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does it have to be this difficult to get wiper blade refills?

I'm venting here becasue I'm finding it annoyingly difficult to find some simple parts. All I want is a set of wiper blade refills for my 2008 RX400h. I managed to get them from the Lexus official eBay store last time but it seems not to have the passenger side blade anymore, and every other place on the entire flaming internet is only interested in selling my wiper blades by a variety of manufacturers I'm simply not interested in! and the last thing I want to do is take time off from work to go to the dealer parts desk only to be told that they're not in stock!

Aaargh!

13 minutes ago, RobinGBrown said:

and the last thing I want to do is take time off from work to go to the dealer parts desk only to be told that they're not in stock!

phone them maybe ??

Malc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RobinGBrown said:

…in selling my wiper blades by a variety of manufacturers I'm simply not interested in! 

Just curious, Robin.

What is it that you have against readily available products by such as Bosch, Michelin, Lucas et al?

I think my last set were Bosch, ordered over the interweb.  I’ve never had a problem, so is it model-related?

• Like 1

I used to use genuine or Bosch but I have noticed over the last 40odd years that the quality is just not there any more in the "premium" brands, they all seem to last about a year, sometimes less....

They work fine when new so now I just save time and buy whatever is convenient, usually the cheapest I can find on eBay and chuck them away when they start to wear...

Just my 2p....

18 hours ago, LenT said:

Just curious, Robin.

What is it that you have against readily available products by such as Bosch, Michelin, Lucas et al?

I think my last set were Bosch, ordered over the interweb.  I’ve never had a problem, so is it model-related?

I do not know what Robin has against readily available products, but I do not like the sound of the Bosch wind-shield wipers bought because Lexus/Toyota did not have any rubber inserts and I found the complete wipers metal part and rubber were stupidly expensive. Ended up buying the complete OEM wipers as the Bosch (excellent brand?) were noisy. The Lexus ones were quiet, but it sure is stupid that they are so focused on making money that we have to make landfill of completely fine metal parts because Lexus want to sell more expensive things.

While having the Golf it was easy to get new rubber for the OEM wind-shield wipers.

I also bought both front wipers (Denso as originally fitted by Lexus) from Euro car parts which were on offer. and work well. They seem to have almost permanent sales of parts but discount can vary.  Worth a call to establish price and availability.  

7 hours ago, Haylands said:

so now I just save time and buy whatever is convenient, usually the cheapest I can find

I found this with the Lexus wiper rubbers I used to buy ..... lasted many years .......... and then at the last offering they barely lasted a year ......

Malc

11 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I simply get new blades every 12 months from the dealer, fitted at service time. No hassle

Me too. It`s not Rocket Science,but some Members seem to make it unnecessarily difficult for themselves.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links