Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nx350h Tyre Pressures

I have an Nx 350H. It has Bridgestone  235 50 R20 tyres. I am going on a long journey on Thursday with a full load and have checked my tyre pressure.  They were set at 2.7 bar by the Lexus dealer! According to the plate on the B pillar up to 160 k/h they should be 2.3. But what if I have a full load? The manual says refer to the sticker.  Over 160 km/h is 2.5. The lexus web site just says 2.5 but doesn't specify if that is or without a full load.  My lexus dealer is saying 2.5 but that doesn't agree with anything i can find.  Does anybody have any suggestions? 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Bowden said:

I have an Nx 350H. It has Bridgestone  235 50 R20 tyres. I am going on a long journey on Thursday with a full load and have checked my tyre pressure.  They were set at 2.7 bar by the Lexus dealer! According to the plate on the B pillar up to 160 k/h they should be 2.3. But what if I have a full load? The manual says refer to the sticker.  Over 160 km/h is 2.5. The lexus web site just says 2.5 but doesn't specify if that is or without a full load.  My lexus dealer is saying 2.5 but that doesn't agree with anything i can find.  Does anybody have any suggestions? 

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-tyre-pressure-size-guide/

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

The reference does indeed mention the 2.5bar for Andrew's vehicle but doesn't address the question of a fully loaded vehicle versus a 'normal' load. Every car I have ever owned has recommended a higher pressure for full load/high speed running. As Andrew has found, Lexus do not appear to differentiate. I wonder if it has anything to do with run-flat tyres being fitted, which have thicker, stronger side walls that are, perhaps, less affected by different loads.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

The reference does indeed mention the 2.5bar for Andrew's vehicle but doesn't address the question of a fully loaded vehicle versus a 'normal' load. Every car I have ever owned has recommended a higher pressure for full load/high speed running. As Andrew has found, Lexus do not appear to differentiate. I wonder if it has anything to do with run-flat tyres being fitted, which have thicker, stronger side walls that are, perhaps, less affected by different loads.

Just use one`s brain ! It is not Rocket Science. Take ownership, accept responsibility.

• Like 1

Devils advocate post:

Define “full load”

The shown settings provide for up to 5 people which would normally include their luggage. Surely that would constitute the car having a “full load”

I usually set to “what feels right” on the road (within reason) on my RX F Sport (20” wheels) which results in the normal pressure being set to 2.4bar for all eventualities. This is my compromise and there’s still 4mm of tread left on the tyres after 30,000 miles

• Like 2

Tyre wear pattern is the ultimate indication of the 'correct' pressure. As long as the wear is even across the tyre the pressure surely must be right?

As it says in the handbook, these are recommended (cold tyre) pressures ...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Andrew Bowden said:

I recently did a long trip (over 600 miles there and back) in my NX350h (same size wheels as yours) with a full load (i.e. myself and a front passenger plus luggage in the trunk and across the folded-down rear seats - all bar the kitchen sink in fact 😀) and the car\tyres were fine leaving them at the recommended 2.3 bar. In fact it didn't even occur to me to do otherwise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links