Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone use Yokohama tyres?

Just curious, has anyone put Yokohama tyres, either summer or winters on their car?

They are a bit more wallet friendly and I am wondering if they do the job, do a good job or are just meh?

I don't want to go budget but if I don't need continentals are Yoko's adequate?  Likewise I don't want to be sliding around and not stopping when I need to.  

Problem is that reviews are subjective and test conditions may be the perfect condition and not reflective of day to day driving.

I have tried a few tyres in my time but never Yokohama so thought I would reach out to the community as someone must have experience of these.

Not had them on an RX but did on my wife's CX5 from new and found them to be a good all round tyre. Never thought them to be inferior to any other brand (perhaps other than Michelin).

At say £30 on average cheaper per tyre than Bridgestones I would definitely not hesitate to buy them.

• Like 1

I have been riding mountain-bike for a very long time and Michelin bike tyres are absolutely worthless. Continental bike tyres are one of the best for very many types of riding, Maxxis are also great, for downhill I prefer Schwalbe. Have tried 3 different Michelin and they were in the low quality range.

Michelin car tyres are similar price as Continental.

B for fuel economy, A for wet braking and 69db noise cost the same for both brands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Just curious, has anyone put Yokohama tyres, either summer or winters on their car?

They are a bit more wallet friendly and I am wondering if they do the job, do a good job or are just meh?

I don't want to go budget but if I don't need continentals are Yoko's adequate?  Likewise I don't want to be sliding around and not stopping when I need to.  

Problem is that reviews are subjective and test conditions may be the perfect condition and not reflective of day to day driving.

I have tried a few tyres in my time but never Yokohama so thought I would reach out to the community as someone must have experience of these.

On my IS 300h Yokohama tyres (BluEarth) were fitted by Lexus from new so I have kept to them as I've been happy with wear and performance etc. 

• Like 1

I fitted them on the 2017 RX I have just traded in.

They were the Geolander CV G058 All weather tyres and found them good enough for me both summer and winter time giving the confidence in dry and wet to "push on" when you wanted to.

This new one has Dunlop Sport Maxx 050 fitted from new but only had it a week new so can't report on these year round yet.

• Like 1

Thinking about winters and if they will be adequate.  Yokohama promotions say they are sturdy and grippy.  Offical reviews slate them saying they take too long to stop and slide all over the place.  Continentals are £80 more per tyre.

2 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Thinking about winters and if they will be adequate.  Yokohama promotions say they are sturdy and grippy.  Offical reviews slate them saying they take too long to stop and slide all over the place.  Continentals are £80 more per tyre.

As I mentioned, I had no problems with them on mine and I live in County Durham where we do get snow.

• Like 1

I don't drive only in London, have you driven on ungritted icey b roads and country roads?  Below 7 degrees summer tyres go brittle and stop about 5 meters further than winters.  On compacted snow summers have no traction.

I had Yokohama (Summer) tyres on my NX and they were fine.

In terms of Winter tyres - and based only on my personal experience in some cold and occasionally snowy weather - over the years I’ve had Vredestein Wintrac (hopeless), Bridgestone Blizzak (very good) and the pick of the bunch were Falken Eurowinter.

I can’t express how good the Falken were. Very quiet, but cold weather performance was just superb and inspired great confidence. Other family members have switched to them based on my experience and all feel the same. 

If you can get the size - I had them on two Hondas - they’re well worth a look. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links