Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The future for electric cars - Citroen Oli

First_Lexus

23 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I think Bernard that hopefully people in the West are beginning to wake up and smell the chop-suey. Fascinating how devotion to the new religion of climate change is bankrupting the West with the consumption of "green energy" products made in China who are opening coal fired power stations daily. We need to redefine the definition of insanity. 

Just dont see that happening Malc, we are too far in already. Hamburg port just sold 25% to China, German government currently visiting China with billions in orders for airbus as return. When i was a kid all food was grown local, first supermarkets ( cash/carry ) were not there yet. Textile and furniture industry was local as was radio/tv, even cars. Shoes? local production. Soaps? you get it. Currently typing on a chinese laptop on a chinese table wearing jeans made in india shoes from morocco tv china and so on. Steak from the supermarket? cow from argentina, processed in mexico, repacked in poland and on your plate after 4000 km travelling. Iphone? China. the entire world economy is heavily depending on the chinese manufacturing and this will not change.

On the topic of the new religion of climate change it seems to me this is mainly highjacked by white upperclass 16/18 year olds with purple hair, naive idealistic worldviews, i want it now attitude and an urge to be in the center of attention. 

Oh last thing, coal stations? India, Pakistan, China and .... Germany and The Netherlands as there is not enough oil/gas from the F..ing russians so coal to the rescue!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

There is a retro fitted electric converted MGB and this example makes great sense. Just as much range. Handles the same. Power however. The power is around 3 times and makes the MGB a proper MGB. Other small old British sports cars would benefit from electric conversion. Me? I'd love the money to have a Rover SD1 V8 converted to a 5 litre V10. Sacrilege I know but that's my ultimate car.

They are sweet little cars and conversion would be nice. Conversion to hydrogen.

image.thumb.png.3788d0a3ac9ccb33c4a933e5146b8de2.png

We had this little version of it. Less than a year. Belt to water pump broke far away from everything.

39 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

There is a retro fitted electric converted MGB and this example makes great sense. Just as much range. Handles the same. Power however. The power is around 3 times and makes the MGB a proper MGB. Other small old British sports cars would benefit from electric conversion. Me? I'd love the money to have a Rover SD1 V8 converted to a 5 litre V10. Sacrilege I know but that's my ultimate car.

image.thumb.png.3788d0a3ac9ccb33c4a933e5146b8de2.png

We had this little version of it. Less than a year. Belt to water pump broke far away from everything.

13 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Just dont see that happening Malc, we are too far in already. Hamburg port just sold 25% to China, German government currently visiting China with billions in orders for airbus as return. When i was a kid all food was grown local, first supermarkets ( cash/carry ) were not there yet. Textile and furniture industry was local as was radio/tv, even cars. Shoes? local production. Soaps? you get it. Currently typing on a chinese laptop on a chinese table wearing jeans made in india shoes from morocco tv china and so on. Steak from the supermarket? cow from argentina, processed in mexico, repacked in poland and on your plate after 4000 km travelling. Iphone? China. the entire world economy is heavily depending on the chinese manufacturing and this will not change.

On the topic of the new religion of climate change it seems to me this is mainly highjacked by white upperclass 16/18 year olds with purple hair, naive idealistic worldviews, i want it now attitude and an urge to be in the center of attention. 

Oh last thing, coal stations? India, Pakistan, China and .... Germany and The Netherlands as there is not enough oil/gas from the F..ing russians so coal to the rescue!

As I see it, ‘we’ want to save the planet, but we also want to buy the consumer goods to which we’ve become accustomed. The two are, in my opinion, incompatible.

If we really want to save the planet, we need either a return to greater localism - which comes with sacrifice compared to the experience of the past century (or more) - or we find ways to decarbonise international trade, which will be difficult if not impossible.

I find that too many people, especially youngsters, expect Governments to solve every problem. That’s not entirely unreasonable, but - and it’s a big but - each individual also needs to make choices that support their beliefs and aspirations. So called ‘fast fashion’ is a great example, as is the perceived need to be able to buy any foodstuff at any time of year. Both have massive impacts in terms of carbon emissions but, based on what I see and hear, aren’t targets for change. Instead protestors blame car drivers without looking at themselves and the impacts of their own choices.

I can’t see a solution while nations and their peoples continue to chase economic growth and conspicuous consumption. Perhaps easy for somebody of my generation to say, as no doubt I’ve seen the benefits during my lifetime. Those who come next will have to accept that things need to be different and that isn’t palatable...

Imagine if at COP27 the nations of the world agreed that new clothing would be rationed, that avocados and strawberries won’t be allowed to be shipped around the world and that manufacturing of plastics for consumer goods would also be rationed by nation. How about limiting the number of flights each person is allowed to take, or even the number of children people can bring into the world?

I know there would be a huge economic impact, unemployment and hardship, but that isn’t my point here. Can you imagine the public outcry and protests if such agreements were made in order to ‘save the world’ for the future? I’d wager that many who would protest strongly also claim to want to save the world. Difficult choices. Difficult decisions. Unfortunately politicians want to be popular and people want easy answers that don’t impact on them.

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

or even the number of children people can bring into the world?

thought China did this some years back ......  penalty for having too many children was to execute them ?   the kids, the parents or indeed the grandparents for giving birth to the miscreants in the first instance ???  . prison anyway methinks ........ Good 'ol Mao at the time was it ..  Emperor Xi might be having similar Imperical / Imperial thoughts too now he's Boss

I jest  ( probably 🤔)

Does anyone remember the outcome ?  ..........  just reading today the global population is now at 8 billion

Ah, I do remember a world COP  ? conference in Brazil some years back where the Authorities decided to clean up the areas prior to attendees arriving for the Conference ..  maybe some 30 years back  .  maybe the very First COP Climate Conference it could have been .........  cleaned up the streets ok ..........  all the waifs and strays and unsightly kids were rounded up and " disposed of " .........  methinks remedial executions did actually take place ..  REALLY  YES  and no proof of course .  easy for ( South American ) State decisions to be hidden for sure .......  jeez we even get " cover-ups " here in the UK with MI 5 / 6 if what we read in the Free Press is anything to go by .....  might even read this on Twitter as Musk seems to control this part of the world too ......... ( God help us all .......  well those who take any notice of Twitter .  not me for sure ) 

Others remember this ?

Malc

have i set the cat amongst the pigeons with this ............  hehehehehe !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

There is a retro fitted electric converted MGB and this example makes great sense. Just as much range. Handles the same. Power however. The power is around 3 times and makes the MGB a proper MGB. Other small old British sports cars would benefit from electric conversion.

Yes conversion is one route, but look at how successful the Mazda MX5 has been.  MG could make a new retro-inspired all electric small sports car, limit the range so would not need a huge Battery, target market would be as for the MX5.

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

thought China did this some years back ......  penalty for having too many children was to execute them ?   the kids, the parents or indeed the grandparents for giving birth to the miscreants in the first instance ???  . prison anyway methinks ........ Good 'ol Mao at the time was it ..  Emperor Xi might be having similar Imperical / Imperial thoughts too now he's Boss

I jest  ( probably 🤔)

Does anyone remember the outcome ?  ..........  just reading today the global population is now at 8 billion

I believe it was financial penalties, rather than execution.

The outcome is China is facing a population/demographic issue, and is now paying families to have more kids. Japan is facing a similar problem.

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

and is now paying families to have more kids. Japan is facing a similar problem.

Hookers being hooked on the notion it's all ok to pay for good s-x  .............  Xi has some explaining to do methinks 😆

Malc

17 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I believe it was financial penalties, rather than execution.

The outcome is China is facing a population/demographic issue, and is now paying families to have more kids. Japan is facing a similar problem.

I thought it was a 1 child policy started in the seventies when China was still as poor as a church rat. Punishment thesame as it is now, financial or social isolation. Had horrible effects as families were depending on sons to work and generate income. If the newborn was female the baby was frequently drowned or killed and buried. All this LED to a shortage of women and men that could not start a family. All abandoned now. Guess no longer needed as they can control the population in even more terrible and modern ways..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

So much for us having fixed the problem. Some people believe when politicians tell us we are having it under control that it is correct. Politicians tell us what they think we want to hear in order to get re-elected.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:27 AM, Malc1 said:

jeez we even get " cover-ups " here in the UK with MI 5 / 6 if what we read in the Free Press is anything to go by ..... 

might even read this on Twitter as Musk seems to control this part of the world too .........

( God help us all .......  well those who take any notice of Twitter .  not me for sure ) 

Others remember this ?

Malc

have i set the cat amongst the pigeons with this ............  hehehehehe !

Even in UK cover up. Terrible. So UK is having same problem like the rest of the world. Cover up is global.

Yeah - Musketeer now is selling blue birds to all stupid enough to pay him. All these time-wasting aps controlling those stupid enough to waste their time there.

Never had Facebook, Google+, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter, but have read about these spying, info-stealing aps.

Next time set a tiger as long as tigers still are on earth.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

I thought it was a 1 child policy started in the seventies when China was still as poor as a church rat. Punishment thesame as it is now, financial or social isolation. Had horrible effects as families were depending on sons to work and generate income. If the newborn was female the baby was frequently drowned or killed and buried. All this led to a shortage of women and men that could not start a family. All abandoned now. Guess no longer needed as they can control the population in even more terrible and modern ways..

It's more of a demographic than population problem, with there being too many old people and not enough new ones being born.  Hence the financial incentives that are offered to families to have more children.

If only there was some of kind of pandemic that affected mainly older people... 😉

5 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

So much for us having fixed the problem. Some people believe when politicians tell us we are having it under control that it is correct. Politicians tell us what they think we want to hear in order to get re-elected.

True! But how do you explain scientists who state in my last link,

" The scientists were somewhat surprised that the ozone is thinning out in the lower stratosphere because their models do not show this trend and CFCs continue to decline.

Certain aspects of their findings are not completely unexpected, however.

"Thanks to the Montreal Protocol, ozone in the upper stratosphere - ie above 30 kilometres - has increased significantly since 1998, and the stratosphere is also recovering above the polar regions," said William Ball, researcher at ETH Zurich.

Despite these increases, measurements show that the total ozone column in the atmosphere has remained constant, which experts took as a sign that ozone levels in the lower stratosphere must have declined.

The reasons for the continuing decline are still unclear}" 🤔

2 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

It's more of a demographic than population problem, with there being too many old people and not enough new ones being born.  Hence the financial incentives that are offered to families to have more children.

If only there was some of kind of pandemic that affected mainly older people... 😉

Now there's a thought 🤔🤯😎

3 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

There is and it is called WISDOM Bill !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

" The scientists were somewhat surprised that the ozone is thinning out in the lower stratosphere because their models do not show this trend and CFCs continue to decline.

"Thanks to the Montreal Protocol, ozone in the upper stratosphere - ie above 30 kilometres - has increased significantly since 1998, and the stratosphere is also recovering above the polar regions," said William Ball, researcher at ETH Zurich.

Despite these increases, measurements show that the total ozone column in the atmosphere has remained constant, which experts took as a sign that ozone levels in the lower stratosphere must have declined.

The reasons for anything in Science is still being tested ! That is the nature of the game !

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

The reasons for anything in Science is still being tested ! That is the nature of the game !

Exactly so John, so when the climate zealots use the phrase "settled" science what can we infer from that? 

28 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Weather a hole size the US is large or small depend on what it is compared to. That is the size of the hole above the south pole. The ozone hole over the north pole is causing different problems: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/07/220707141840.htm

Probably still millions of cooling factories outside the so-called civilized world we believe we live in may still function with the old coolant and I know of one refrigerator still functioning, bought in 1983 when cfc still was used and when it no longer functions, I doubt it will be done without the cfc get out. When knowing of one (bought by myself) I can believe there are several. The part of the world that is obeying laws about HCFC etc. is tiny compared to the part of the world outside.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links